Lets play a game, Sup Forumsros, its zork, the text adventure! all posts ending in an even number tell me what to do

lets play a game, Sup Forumsros, its zork, the text adventure! all posts ending in an even number tell me what to do
and i wont screenshot it just coppy and paste

>West of House
This is an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
A rubber mat saying 'Welcome to Zork!' lies by the door.
West of House

>help for useful commands

damn, guess you guys dont like zork

>damn guess you guys dont like zork
I only understood you as far as wanting to damn.

bump

re-bump

walk east

>east
The door is locked, and there is evidently no key.

you walked into the house

look under mat

Shoot up the house

>shoot up house
That's not a verb I recognise.

>look under mat
There is nothing interesting there.

Look above mat

>Look above mat
>look above mat
I only understood you as far as wanting to look.

maybe try walking somewhere else

walk outside

>walk outside
You can't see any such thing.
your already outside

shoot brains out as you realise this entire thread is dead after only 30 minutes of it existing, your pain is finally over as you ascend to the heavens

>the door is locked
>you walked into the house

walk to mailbox

>shoot brains out as you realise this entire thread is dead after only 30 minutes of it existing, your pain is finally over as you ascend to the heavens
You seem to want to talk to someone, but I can't see whom.

yes thats its answer

helped ya a bit

>open mailbox
You open the mailbox, revealing a small leaflet.

anyone want the help text for command help?

I'll help...
You tear the leaflet open to reveal a bunch of cyanide pills and a note saying "fucking end it"

inb4 OP was eaten by a grue

>read leaflet
(first taking the small leaflet)
WELCOME TO ZORK

ZORK is a game of adventure, danger, and low cunning. In it you will explore some of the most amazing territory ever seen by mortal man. Hardened adventurers have run screaming from the terrors contained within!

In ZORK the intrepid explorer delves into the forgotten secrets of a lost labyrinth deep in the bowels of the earth, searching for vast treasures long hidden from prying eyes, treasures guarded by fearsome monsters and diabolical traps!

No PDP-10 should be without one!

ZORK was created at the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science, by Tim Anderson, Marc Blank, Bruce Daniels, and Dave Lebling. It was inspired by the ADVENTURE game of Crowther and Woods, and the long tradition of fantasy and science fiction adventure. ZORK was originally written in MDL (alias MUDDLE). The current version was translated from MDL into Inform by Ethan Dicks .

On-line information may be available using the HELP and INFO commands (most systems).

Direct inquiries, comments, etc. by Net mail to [email protected].

(c) Copyright 1978,1979 Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
All rights reserved.

what a boring leaflet.. ok what are the help commands?

The 'BRIEF' command suppresses printing of long room descriptions for rooms which have been visited. The 'SUPERBRIEF' command suppresses printing of long room descriptions for all rooms. The 'VERBOSE' command restores long descriptions.
The 'INFO' command prints information which might give some idea of what the game is about.
The 'QUIT' command prints your score and asks whether you wish to continue playing.
The 'SAVE' command saves the state of the game for later continuation.
The 'RESTORE' command restores a saved game.
The 'INVENTORY' command lists the objects in your possession.
The 'LOOK' command prints a description of your surroundings.
The 'SCORE' command prints your current score and ranking.
The 'TIME' command tells you how long you have been playing.
The 'DIAGNOSE' command reports on your injuries, if any.

Command abbreviations:

The 'INVENTORY' command may be abbreviated 'I'.
The 'LOOK' command may be abbreviated 'L'.
The 'QUIT' command may be abbreviated 'Q'.

Containment:

Some objects can contain other objects. Many such containers can be opened and closed. The rest are always open. They may or may not be transparent. For you to access (e.g., take) an object which is in a container, the container must be open. For you to see such an object, the container must be either open or transparent. Containers have a capacity, and objects have sizes; the number of objects which will fit therefore depends on their sizes. You may put any object you have access to (it need not be in your hands) into any other object. At some point, the program will attempt to pick it up if you don't already have it, which process may fail if you're carrying too much. Although containers can contain other containers, the program doesn't access more than one level down.

usefull ones 1/2

Fighting:

Occupants of the dungeon will, as a rule, fight back when attacked. In some cases, they may attack even if unprovoked. Useful verbs here are 'ATTACK WITH ', 'KILL', etc. Knife-throwing may or may not be useful. You have a fighting strength which varies with time. Being in a fight, getting killed, and being injured all lower this strength. Strength is regained with time. Thus, it is not a good idea to fight someone immediately after being killed. Other details should become apparent after a few melees or deaths.

Command parser:

A command is one line of text terminated by a carriage return. For reasons of simplicity, all words are distinguished by their first nine letters. All others are ignored. For example, typing 'DISASSEMBLE THE ENCYCLOPEDIA' is not only meaningless, it also creates excess effort for your fingers. Note that this truncation may produce ambiguities in the interpretation of longer words.

You are dealing with a fairly stupid parser, which understands the following types of things--

Actions:
Among the more obvious of these, such as TAKE, PUT, DROP, etc.
Fairly general forms of these may be used, such as PICK UP,
PUT DOWN, etc.

Directions:
NORTH, SOUTH, UP, DOWN, etc. and their various abbreviations.
Other more obscure directions (LAND, CROSS) are appropriate in
only certain situations.

Objects:
Most objects have names and can be referenced by them.

Adjectives:
Some adjectives are understood and required when there are
two objects which can be referenced with the same 'name' (e.g.,
DOORs, BUTTONs).
read up

mostly only the start of the first one is important

Fuck the mailbox

Oh yeah? Kneel down and Frobizz my thicc cock with your mouth until I Frobozzle, ya fuckin Frobnoid!

This

>fuck the mailbox
I only understood you as far as wanting to fuck.

guess your standards are too high
move in a direction, north south east west

I

>I
You are carrying:
A small leaflet

i is short for inventory
good job mate

a useful command is look at (blank) or just look

so we pulled the leaflet out of the mailbox.
Is there ever multiple things in the same container that you miss upon first inspection?
In other words, are we sure the mailbox is empty?

in the meantime: Look

no there isnt

>look
West of House
The mailbox contains:
A small leaflet

you guys are taking too long
>east
Behind House
You are behind the white house. In one corner of the house there is a small window which is slightly ajar.

that's what i was gonna do: walk around the house and look for a window..

i didn't want to make a 10 posts saying
>north
>east
>look at house
>east
>south
>look at house
>etc

look in window
open window

>open window
With great effort, you open the window far enough to allow entry.

>open window
With great effort, you open the window far enough to allow entry.

>enter window
Kitchen
You are in the kitchen of the white house. A table seems to have been used recently for the preparation of food. A passage leads to the west and a dark staircase can be seen leading upward. To the east is a small window which is open.
On the table is an elongated brown sack, smelling of hot peppers.
A bottle is sitting on the table.
The glass bottle contains:
A quantity of water

>

Fuck window

>fuck window
I only understood you as far as wanting to fuck.

take bottle