Opinions?

Green day is ass.

WAKE UPPPPPP!!!!

WAAAAKE ME UP
WHEEEEN SEPTEMBERRR ENDS

Jesus of Suburbia is a fucking banger

there

now its perfect

Boulevard of Broken Dreams > Holiday > Wake Me Up When September Ends > shit > the rest > American Idiot

My favourite album as a kid. Still holds up well, legit fantastic.

dad rock garbage

pretty gud

The good tracks make up for the mehh tracks (seriously shit like Jesus of Suburbia,Letterbomb,Homecoming,AI and extraordinary world is pretty damn good)

Oh yea, I forgot people born in 2010 are giving birth now.

Green Day was at it's height in 90s and early 2000s people who were old enough to be exposed to them would be giving birth around 2010 sometimes if not earlier

Fuck thats a scary thought.

not as bad as people think it is the pop punk and nu-metal era was cringy but Green Day is a solid band even if their image has gone to shit

Ripping off other bands, the album.

sure

Letterbomb is literally one of their best songs. Not as good as Homecoming though

Second this

I was in high school when it came out. I still listen to it from time to time and have a blast. Probably one of my all-time favorite albums, but Boulevard of Broken Dreams sucks.

>not recognizing letterbomb as the best song

these

it was one of my favorite albums in my teenage years and it's still very great record

[spoiler]it miles ahead of both their previous and following albums[/spoiler]

You can't unironically believe this

not bad, some nice tracks and some filler

Loved it when I was 13

I listened to it so many times I never want to hear it again

A CHALLENGER APPEARS............

An 8/10. Is this discussed daily now? Jesus I hope this doesn't become mucore despite my love for it
Yikes thats bad

I like it but Dookie is still the best Green Day album

Very misunderstood album

American Idiot was like Californication in that way.

>veteran band that had been kind of irrelevant for a while comes back and drops a nice, well-crafted little pop rock album that had some artistic sincerity at a time when the charts were polluted with horrible buttrock, slutpop, and paint-by-numbers R&B

>WMUWSE was released as a single June 13, 2005
Ah, I remember that day oh so well. For all the wrong reasons.

they should have stopped with Nimrod instead of making pop rock shit for 11 year olds and soccer moms.

^This.

Fixed it for you

Warning had some good songs / videos.

I get kind of annoyed by Green Day especially since I live in the SF bay area, there's a lot of Green Day fans here. American Idiot is their most overrated album with a few good tracks like Boulevard and September, Dookie is the superior album.

Neither Green Day nor RHCP are pop rock, nor did they ever make a pop rock album. Alternative Rock that managed to get popular and pop compositions made via rock instrumentation are different.

bretty gud if your name is Josh and you're 14

Depends on your definition of dadrock. If it is "music dads listen to", absolutely. If it is "music heard by dads of kids who are starting to develop their taste in music", move that some 5 to 10 years backwards - Weezer and Nirvana, for example. If it is "music dads whose kids are in college listen to", well, The Smiths can be considered dadrock following that definition.

Boulevard fucking sucks ass

2edgy4me
But hey, sounds decent

holy shit, Longview video came out in 1994? I thought it was like 1992. I was totally hooked on that song, and the MTV video was rare at the time. Then I saw Billy Joe eating sod at that Woodstock 94 event, and thought it was so dope.

Then I saw all the classmates I hated become massive green day fans. I saw their little brothers become green day fans, so on and so forth, and I became anti Green Day.

Good Riddance was Green Day's ballad about my dismissal of Green Day

You're right, they should have just called it quits once the 90s were over.

underage boi

challenge...? against green day

kek, good one mate. American Idiot is nothing compared to Zen Arcade

>I stopped liking them when they got popular
classic Sup Forums

This got me into rock music, I like it and I think it's a good pop rock album, but it's not the kind of thing I expect/want to see on Sup Forums. I'll defend it for what it is, to see something artistically revolutionary in it or whatever would be bunk. It's good pop rock executed well, nothing more, nothing less.

>It's good pop rock executed well, nothing more, nothing less.
Yes and like the other guy said, it had good timing and came out almost as a relief from Nickelback, Nelly, Britney, and whatever other garbage was on the charts in 2004-05.

Good
But I don't like their music very much, having heard a lot more music since. I have fondness for classic rock, finally came around to NiN, etc, but Green Day can stay in the hearts of minds of other people than myself

>Nelly
>popular in 2005
He peaked with Nellyville. By the time American Idiot was out, he was already fading from the charts and Sweat sold less than half the number of copies as Nellyville.

he had a #1 song in 2005

I must have missed it then. Because all I can remember of Nelly was IT'S SO HOT IN HERREE IMMA TAKE... and that was in 03. But then it's not as if I actively paid any attention to him anyway.

>Yes and like the other guy said, it had good timing and came out almost as a relief from Nickelback, Nelly, Britney, and whatever other garbage was on the charts in 2004-05

Don't forget 50 Cent, he could have bought the universe in 2005.

And whatever, we all had a copy when we were 14.

>Green Day
>Pop Rock
Aside from the singles (which are more pop punk than anything else), it's an alternative rock opera with only vague elements of pop music. Just because a band/artist is popular doesn't mean it's pop; that's equivalent to saying music is emo because it's "emotional".

It aged like fine milk

embarassing

Eh

Limp Bizkit were the better 2000s band that are now a meme

I will unironically defend Bizkit to the death.

green day are bad but come on dude...fucking bizkit?

>green day
>2000s band
what

No one ever has a good criticism they just say "oh they suck" without elaborating. I feel like it's just a trendy meme these days because they're so early 2000s nu metal and the backwards cap and all that but some of their shit was legit catchy.

It's not a meme. Limp Bizkit fucking blows.
Depends on your age I think.
If you're college aged like most of Sup Forums they think of American Idiot when they think of Green Day. If you're a bit older you think Dookie.

>Being a sperm cell when when I come around and Basket Case were on CNN all the time
>being a toddler when Time of your Wife was the de facto fingerbang anthem for hip high schoolers
Unforgiveable. Do you shits even age.

I'll bite.
Limp Bizkit was the epitome of self-aggrandizing, insensitive music. Not a single ounce of subtlety nor wit arised from Durst's juvenile lyrics of barbaric bravado stupidity. Ballad-wise, uninspired, emotionless and pathetic. Durst could not conceive a simple, imaginative thought nor compelling idea, opting for a "gangsta" facade to sell their music. Disgusting.

Well, not bad. I can get not liking Fred's rapping because some of it is pretty bad but the instrumentals are always pretty solid. Fred Durst's vocals even work on a few songs. I wouldn't call them a "great" band but I think they're unfairly maligned.

Green Day is one of my nostalgia band

Limp Bizkit would be a far better band if they have different vocalist/leader

I still quite enjoy them, but it's more of a nostalgia thing for me.

dookie is better

The Smiths are definitely dadrock. Doesn't detract from their greatness, though.

>leddit spacing
haram

we have a thread about this album like every week and every week people quite like it

Thats a great sign

10/10 Thank you for making and posting this for me

>removing whatsername

>CNN
did you mean MTV? or did those songs have some sort of satanic massage?

I really liked this album as a whole. I really dislike the band and all their other efforts, though.

My mom is a Green Day fan. She's 40 now

Yes

What's with all the American Idiot threads? It's not very good, we don't need this thread 8 times a day.

>Removes whatsername

dumb. You need to appreciate the album as a whole. It's actually good that way, even if there are songs you don't like.

aгcл нщг

straight blackchrome facerape from a russian ai right into american cyberspace eat shit and die americunts
фыpфыpф цшыpф ыpшчф ифыpшeф кфepф

I mean, my dad's favorite bands are them, Talking Heads, Pet Shop Boys and New Order, it feels kinda weird discussing the concept of dadrock on Sup Forums, because most of my dadrock borders on Sup Forumscore. But you're absolutely right on that one.

>no novacaine

you talk like a cuck.

You talk like a meme.

If I was ARTV I would be losing my shit right now