ITT: albums that try so hard to be poignant and grandiose they come off as cheesy as fuck

ITT: albums that try so hard to be poignant and grandiose they come off as cheesy as fuck

99% of prog rock

t. Nu-male

Your description doesn't fit the album on the pic.

t.brainlet

jesus what a terrible thread

Pretty sure Jon Hopkins was just trying to make some cool sounds bro.

This board is so cucked.

As far as Op's concerned I agree about that John hopkins album. And also in my unpopular opinion TPABF qualifies as a cheesy as fuck album. But of course you come closer with a lot of albums near "intelligent"-genres like jon hopkins type of music.

why are you so disgustingly difficult to please? as soon as any album exhibits any kind of ambition, why are you so keen to slag it off just for that? do you seriously want your music to sound like no effort was put into it?

Post albums that succeed on being poignant and grandiose without being cheesy.

Why are you so idiotically obtuse? Why do you generalize criticising one fucking album to saying people hate any kind of ambition? Stop pulling shit out of your ass, dipshit.

Well this obviously leads to a complicated discussion about philosophy, art and perception. But having grandiose intentions from the onset of the creation of a piece of art rarely fails to undermine the complexity of transferring honest emotion.
There's a word for it called contrived. What you end up with as a contrived piece of art.

One such album off the top of my head would be Bowies last album. Although maybe not 10/10 it's not contrived

Thom Yolke tomorrow's modern box

lool i just don't get your ridiculous standards you prissy cunt

ITAOTS

>TPABF

can this fucking bullshit stop

how am i supposed to know what the fuck that is

To Pimp A ButterFly

ty

By being here more than a day

I bought this album on a whim with no expectations and thoroughly enjoyed it. Grandiose maybe but not poignant, not sure why you'd use that word to describe this.

this sounds like daft punk so i guess i agree with you

>artists who try to "get a message across" using music