What are some albums that encapsulate the sound of depression/ isolation/ loneliness?

what are some albums that encapsulate the sound of depression/ isolation/ loneliness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1lId2GtBbTE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdOimmaSV8
youtube.com/watch?v=NWi8PCFi6hg&t=1000s
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pic not related at all

I would say that Colma and Electric Tears by Buckethead do that, as well as hvis lyset tar oss by Burzum, most black metal to be fair

Yeah white people depression

>my gf broke up with me! Life is now meaningless

Woah... really makes you think

I would disagree

>existential depression is the only true depression
how's highschool bud?

Suicide note - the album

i'd be depressed if i was a shitskin too

@75470836
Nice racebait faggot
No (You) for you.

Wow someone just discovered Nihilism huh

I would prefer to recommend you happy music. I just wish I could stay happy once an album finishes.

More like "take a nonlethal amount of pills and then call a bunch of people - the album"

this one nearly spurred me to kill myself

Most dark ambient would fit that. Also F#A#

Bump

MC homeless's album 27 really captures the feeling of isolation, detachment, and confusion that can come from being a depressed working class but not explicitly "poor" white man. It gives off similar vibes to that of No Cash's album Run Your Pockets. A handful of lyrics make me embarrassed for myself having felt that way, while of course I can still relate, it's a unique purely internal suffering.
youtube.com/watch?v=1lId2GtBbTE

are you fucking retarded?

Sounds like walking around a city at night

seriously, I can't listen to this without feeling worse mentally, I'm a sheltered guy though

so black Übermenschen never suffer depression?

this makes me empty inside

this album is more of an anxiety record for me

They do no thanks to our (the black community) people are told to just stop being sad or deal with so those emotions just turn to anger.

>Realizing that consciousness never ends hence even death wont end the circle of existence and nothing ever will.
Therefor you can't even be comforted by your own mortality and insignificance. You are doomed to forever live.
Hows uni buddy?

So whats the name

shut up idiot

Nobody's named 808s and Heartbreak

Yeah especially Heartless and Coldest Winter

also SAW Vol. II, Pink Moon

Trist - Zrcadlení melancholie
Hypothermia - Kold
Opeth - Damnation (not "on-the-brink-of-suicide" depressive like most DSBM but pretty depressive nonetheless. More tiredness and resignation than suicidal depression perhaps)
Red House Painters - Down colorful Hill
Lyrinx - Nihilistic Purity

wtf? some of the tracks on here are the happiest things I've ever heard

>high prison population
>high suicide rates
>culture filled with violence and instability
Hmmmmm...(you) make some good points

there is not a single song on young team that i would call happy...hopeful maybe, but definitely not happy

have you ever diagnosed with depression? I get the feeling that you haven't because if you did, you wouldn't be saying this. please be more empathetic of other people and try to understand that their struggles for them are can affect them as much (if not more) as your struggles affect you. being rich and having a secure life matters fuck all when you're dealing with mental illnesses.

certain tracks on pic related

this tape destroyed me

Giles Corey and HANL.

Dan is the God of depression.

>tfw Infinite Death
What's it like to be dead?

It isn't like anything

why do u think that consciousness is eternal?

Tfw nobody mentioned Spiderland yet

It's the most relatable album I've ever listened to. It says so much and manages not to be cringey, like depression often is itself

I know it's about dementia more than anything, but it makes me feel generally empty

This truly captures loneliness...

there must be something wrong boys...

>A handful of lyrics make me embarrassed for myself

you should feel embarrassed for listening to any of this

everyone gets told to suck it up. everyone since at least a few centuries ago. doesn't make anything easier

Swans - Cop

Why have there been so many threads about depression? It's really depressing.

niggers, not even once

This album will cast a shadow over anything
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIdOimmaSV8

he's probably white himself which is even more hilarious, numales think self-hatred makes them intelligent

this.

The title track fills me with existential dread like no other piece of music.

measuring depression by its causes and not its effects is retarded

duster - contemporary movement

I'd take this and raise it New Order's debut.
Particularly if it's a version that includes Ceremony, aka the most bittersweet pop song ever recorded.

>i have a 70 iq and can't act out without violence or speak proper english but the white man is why i can't get anywhere in life

>my *white* gf broke up with me! Life is now meaningless

TFW went to sleep, woke up and everyone took the bait.

Settle down friends, t'was just a little bit of a fun!

Bongripper - Miserable
youtube.com/watch?v=NWi8PCFi6hg&t=1000s

Especially Riverman

captures the anger too which not many depressing albums do

If I had found either one of these while I was suffering from Clinical Depression, I would have undoubtedly killed myself to one of them. Zero questions in my mind.

>listening to this shit for the first time
>man, this is some sad shit. The singer sounds like he's going to kill himself and me.
>going up comes in
I didn't stand a chance. Fucking love this album, but it fucked me up the first time I heard it.

>Red House Painters - Down Colourful Hill
Cried the hardest I had in years when I first listened to this. Fucking beautiful how sad this album is.

Red House Painters 1 fucks my shit up too.

is the archive down for anyone else?

Pic unrelated, right?

Yeah, this. I don't think Lopatin has made an album that's about depression or loneliness.

first & only album i cried to

kek everyone got butthurt

Giles Corey - S/T

these are my favorite threads

What is this?

right in the fucking feels

This is really the only one that instantly comes to mind.

>what are some albums that encapsulate the sound of depression/ isolation/ loneliness?
Asks in a thread in the INTERNET.

I feel like this album perfectly encapsulates the loneliness, emptiness, and lack of motivation that accompanies depression with lyrics like "I can count my friends on the fingers of one hand" and "I can't get started no matter how much I punish myself". It's moreso similar to Joy Division and The Chameleons rather than Have A Nice Life, but it still gets the point across that life is bleak.

depression is fucking boring. and wallowing in loneliness is pointless. it's impossible for me to feel either of those emotions now, because I just understand it as lack of a kind of self-generative life energy and there's nothing that would ever convince me to want to think that way. I'm all about a winning attitude.

Great record and tragically overlooked

oh fuck off