My close friend and I are back for another session of answering questions about the traditional way of life...

My close friend and I are back for another session of answering questions about the traditional way of life. I am an Anabaptist (Amish) and he helped me yesterday to start a conversation about who we are and it went really well. I will answer questions now. Please do not offend.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg
bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/median-weekly-earnings-by-education-gender-race-and-ethnicity-in-2014.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many members of your society do not possess a SSN and/or birth certificate?

Are you ex Amish. If not isn't doing this against your core beliefs.

how common is rape in your community? does it go unreported?

In my community I think we all have them, though I cannot speak for everyone. Each midwife is tasked with doing these things that pertain to government. We are traditonal, but we still abide by laws as much as possible, if not more than most English.

If I fuck a horse in your village do people get mad? Also boobies are tbey considered technology?

what do you think of amish paradise by weird al?

youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

This is not against our core beliefs if done in at the proper timing. It is currently my Rumschpringe and I am studying the English life styles. This is a rare time in my life and I want to reach out to as many as I can in places that matter such as this one.

I think we are fortunate in that many do not place such a high value on sex acts as English do, so this is a rare occurance. I have never heard of any case in my area.

Firstly, I think even an English person would be angry with you and you know this.

Secondly I'm not sure what you mean by technology? Can you explain what you mean by this correlation between breasts and technology?

I have seen this video before and like most videos it is sensational and an inaccurate depiction

1. Is there any sex education whatsoever in the community? I assume it isn’t in school but do parents or ministers at least give you the basics before marriage?
2. How much fooling around is there before marriage?
3. When you’re married is sex considered dirty like Catholics or is it encouraged/permitted to do it often and all kinds of ways with your wife?

1. There is very minimal because we do not believe that it is a topic that should be teached. It is something that is very special and private to be shared between two people who love each other, and to teach everything about it before hand would be to destroy this wonderful process of discovery that two people could share together in private.

2. We are encouraged to experience the world and its vices prior to making our commitment to be Baptized.

3. That is seen as a matter between husband and wife and can be decided at there discretion privately.

Aren't you curious about space and science? Interplanetary exploration? The decryption of the human genome? Curing the deadliest diseases we know?
There's so much to learn and to do, i'd go mad if i was forced to live such an anti technological life, even though i may enjoy it for a week or two. (Is that a thing?)
Do you have electricity at home?

>it is sensational and an inaccurate depiction
its a joke

Why isn’t LARPing considered a form of lying and therefore a sin?

why all the images of prepubescent girls? are you a pedophile or something?

I am curious about many things, most of which neither I nor you will ever learn in our lifes time. I put trust in my family and in Him enough to satisfy any lust for supreme knowledge. I know that I love my family and I love my neighbors and I think that focusing on these things are the most important to me, but I would never discourage those who seek such supreme knowledge. Jesus taught us to be humbled by others and to love and accept all.

I don't think you would enjoy the traditional life at all but I cannot speak for you. The English way seems to be much easier from what I understand, which is limited.

I do not have electricity at home.

I found these paintings last night and I like them because they are very pretty paintings?

Do you believe bitcoin will hold its current value or do you see a correction back to the mean?

I have heard of bitcoin but I do not personally hold value in any currency, so it is worthless to me. The English view this differently and as such it can be used to purchase possessions, just as dollars can be used as well.

are you a virgin?

What’s the mean for bitcoin? Zero?

What is your best experience during your Rumschpringe?

What is the worst?

How do amish people store perishable items like meat and milk without electricity?

Are amish allowed to take pain medication?

Did that Constable corn hole you two sluts?

I remember you from yesterday! I'm so sorry I did not see your question. Thank you for coming back.

My best experience was riding on my friends motorcycle. I would really like to be in a fast car though!

The worst was when I tried alcohol and a cigarette. I did not like the taste of either.

1) Did you vote for Donald Trump?

2) Do you accept the science behind evolution?

3) do you speak Pennsylvania Dutch or whatever they call the variety from Switzerland?

Why do the Amish use smartphones and modern vehicles but still look like Little House on the Prairie?

what kind of alcohol did you try?

When there are feuds between people or families in your culture, how do you settle differences? Is it a similar fashion to traditional courts, is it forgive and forget, or is there another outcome?

Meat is stored with salt and also can be dried for long term storage and rehydrated for eating or just eaten dry like jerky. What milk we drink is usually fresh and the rest used for other products such as butter or cheese.

Medication and treatments from English are an exception in some cases, especially life or death situations. Pain medication is generally not offered unless it is administered by English doctors for reasons of their own.

Surely spending your time on the internet on Sup Forums answering a bunch of fags asking gay and inappropriate questions is against your beliefs and ideas?

So, every year at the county fair, there's a booth there that sells "Amish Donuts" which are pretty friggin' amazing.

Do you guys have a patent on them, or can anyone make them, like for when friends or your uncle comes over?

I’m a “minimalist”. But I do need/want certain basics. I couldn’t live the Amish lifestyle. But whatever works for you.

I'm told that when Amish girls fuck, their pussies grab hold of the boys dick and milks it until all his seed is gone, and he is nothing more than a dry husk that is blown away in the slightest breeze.

Is that true?

Isn’t the Amish life boring? I get the whole having stuff to do to live being that you live off the land and stuff but if you put half that much effort into a career like the rest of society you could have anything you’d like. Is it because you don’t like modern things? You could have the whole farm thing as well as a shitload of other stuff. Do you just rather spend your time among cows and chickens rather than other humans? Because this is understandable

1. No I did not vote

2. I accept that it is a theory as is most science beliefs

3. Pennsylvania Dutch, German, and English

I do not remember but it was some kind of imported blend

We are taught to be very peaceful and feuds or fights generally don't happen. If disputes happen, we have our own courts or the Church can make a determination on what Gods will would likely have been.

So I get that amish don't do technology, which is fine, whatever floats your boat. I'm curious on the lesser aspects of it though.
Were I to send you a mass produced paperback book, would you be permitted to read it? As it was made with technology yet isn't?

Don't exceptions just mean you're picking and choosing what "laws" of God you follow? Those medicines you used were researched using methods your doctrines don't allow. How can that really be following "the word"?

>Pain medication is generally not offered unless it is administered by English doctors for reasons of their own.

So lets say you get a splitting headache. No aspirin?

No flu medicine like Robatusin?

Are you on rumspringa? Why are you on a website and computer?

I’m from Indiana and your kind is so annoying on the road. Drive fucking cars ffs.

With all the genetic disease you guys have, when are you going to give it up and live like civilized people?

>pain medicine
They probably have a few willow trees growing around and just use that. Remember, herbal stuff works just not pharmaceutical stuff.
So for headaches, you could brew / chew coffee beans (caffeine), chew willow bark (aspirin), etc.

You are right, but we are no less perfect than English. We trust that God forgives us for some things like life or death situations, but to take advantage of technologies that go against our way of life purely for vanity is a sin that is exploiting the kindness of our creator.

The traditional ways are more complex than you may realize? I think if I told you to make a dress for my niece you would be just as confused as I would be if you were to command me to program a computer. I may be wrong though. I mean no disrespect!

We are allowed and encouraged to read books about a variety of topics.

I find what your kind does to Amish children disgusting. You give them no tools, like education, to survive the outside the world and then pretend it’s a “choice” to be baptized. They are trapped, because they don’t have the means to get out.

Do you support not educating teens?

My grandfather got out, joined the army, and became a small business owner. He had a thriving carpentry business. It isn't impossible to leave but I will grant that it's hard to have your family shun you for making a choice and still make that choice.

Would you say no to a cup of coffee? No innuendo intended, just conversation.

I find Amish interesting and wanna know the good and bad of it. Thoughts you've have of the outside world, it's people and what not. Have you watch any films or television?

I'm an Orthodox Christian and theologian from a Northern European country.

What intrigues me is that how "Calvinist" the Mennonites/Anabaptists really are? You were historically of course on the "radical" side of the Reformation but do you, for example, (and despite your so-called plain way of life) equate material success with faith? Are you fervently against anything "high church". Do you have the Calvinist concept of predestination?

And how do you view your European heritage? Do you feel more attached to Europe than the other Euro-Americans? Or do you have ill feelings towards the Europe because of the religious persecution that forced the Anabaptists to migrate to North America?

I find the American Anabaptists interesting and would like to visit one of their communities one day. I like to have a slow pace in my life and I don't own a television set or a smart phone, for example. I also much prefer the rural way of life and nature, although I live in the city.

I am very sorry that you feel this way and am hurt by your view of how we treat children. I promise you that we love our children and we do as much as we can to provide them a healthy way of life and a good moral compass with which to view the modern world as well as our own ways.

I am so sorry for this, I do not know what to say other than you are wrong if you think we do not educate our children or if you think we brainwash as has been the perception of media coverage for a very long time.

Thank you all for a very wonderful discussion. Remember that we are not all bad and religious fanatics and that we love you all from the bottom of our hearts.

Absolutely nothing to contribute except this:

Friendly Molinist Protestant drive-by

You don’t. Amish children are only educated until
12-13 years old. Which is the 8th grade level of reading and math. That’s retard level in the USA.

Which means they the chances of then going to college and obtaining jobs earning a living wage is significantly decreased.

Amish do have strong worth ethic, but terrible in any type of math or reading (adult level). Career prospects are limited.

Nigger, purely anecdotal but I live two miles up from a homestead (proper term, Amish user?), and deal with the family regularly. Their kids are better educated than my worldly nephews.

>implying that you actually learn anything in public schools

you dumb niggerfaggot, you scared her off and killed the thread...

Low quality bait, OP isn't Amish.
I live in Northern Indiana, near Middlebury
Where theres a community of these idiots.
They dont type for starters,
They use technology, power tools, microwaves, cell phones...ive seen it. Most of the younger guys smoke cigarettes.
They will do as much as possible,to avoid paying taxes, they will use healthcare.
They have a pretty high incidence of birth defect because most of the last names are Yoder and Miller.
They are conscientious objector so no military.
They will shop in town for shit, they go to Meijer amd other stores. And they arent just buying flour...ive seen fucking cheetos and shit in their cart.

Sounds more like Mennonites than Amish to me. And yes, Mennonites are cancer.

Nordic Orthodox here again.

How do you celebrate Christmas? What kind of special Christmas traditions do you have? Is it true that some Anabaptists follow the Julian calendar (with religious festivities)?

So you don't have a spring house or gas-powered refrigerator? I'm surprised, the Amish and Mennonites around here do.

>when are you going to give it up and live like civilized people?
Go shop on Black Friday or observe a BLM "protest" and then tell us about how civilized modern society is. The Amish have us beat.

>Thank you all for a very wonderful discussion. Remember that we are not all bad and religious fanatics and that we love you all from the bottom of our hearts.

OP is gone fags

Yeah amish people are fakes and liars because they dont live up to what others stereotype them as. Okay

(checked)
apologies if this has been asked, but i didn't read through the thread
what do i have to do to marry an amish qt virgin girl (serious question - please give serious answer)

I have seen an Amish have power saws in his shop, but they were driven by a huge timber treadmill with two draft horses. Pretty amazing.

How does one go about converting to be Amish? What sort of people are barred from it?

So your nephew is retarded, who cares? That’s an anecdote. The Amish on average have 8th grade educations, which gets you a job at McDonald’s in the USA. They have no knowledge of advance math and reading comprehension. It’s an issue if they want to get out and attend a college.

People with degrees earn more long-term in the USA. That’s not an opinions, it fact. They have numbers and people without high school degrees/GED are at the lowest end. People with advance degrees at the highest.

Nigger what does BLM and Black Friday have anything to do with education? Riding around in a buggy when everyone else is driving cars is annoying and dangerous.

Civilized people shop online during the holiday. The Amish have no one beat. Their IQ are low from all the inbreeding and lack of education.

Are there any other stats that your hs guidance counselor would like us to know?

Yes. The dry husks are used for fuel.

Yep. I live in Indiana too. So these fuckers at an air show with cellphones dressed in their retarded outfits that wear for attention.

Most are retarded from all the inbreeding. They descend from like less than 100 people. So they have weird genetic diseases like maple syrup urine disease. That’s real bye google that shit.

There's only one way to find out.

>Pennsylvania Dutch
>German
What's the difference?

How sad. Here nigger.
bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/median-weekly-earnings-by-education-gender-race-and-ethnicity-in-2014.htm

im also from indiana Sup Forumsro, can I piss maple syrup onto your pancakes

Some would argue that the simple life of the Amish is inherently more civilized than ours. More peaceful, social, healthy, and natural. What does an Amish person need a PhD or an iPhone for? They don't want that shit.

Why do you and your people still refer to us as English?

I don’t eat pancakes. I’m an eggs and bacon man. What college did you go too?

>Riding around in a buggy when everyone else is driving cars is annoying and dangerous.
Yeah, and pilots get mad when geese get sucked into their jet engines...what's your point?

Which amish community do you belong to? Asking more because I live in Lancaster county PA and encounter amish on a regular basis.

The average american has an 8th grade education you fuckwit. Nice argument.

Not healthy and no peaceful. They have the same issues we do, they just don’t call the police on each other. They have huge opioid and meth issues amongst their youth, from when they go through rumpspringa.

Also have high rates to disease and also have fucked up issues with pedophilia that goes largely unreported, because victims are shunned for calling police.

So you equate Amish intellect with that of geese kek. Right on.

utter bellend

do you beat your women and kids?

Average American has at least a high school deploma and some college.

Never went, near purdue though

Shut your cocksucker euro piece of dog shit. Shouldn’t you be hiding from Muslims and not on Sup Forums?

>Average American has at least a high school deploma and some college.

You can't even spell diploma and you think every nigger and spic in this country has a high school diploma and has attended college at some point? Plenty of whites drop out of HS as well.

utter bellend

>average

No, I just respect them for rejecting technology and consumerism. I don't really think it's made us happier as a society.
I'm willing to put up with any "annoyance" on the roads to make sure that they can still live the way they want.

>OP is Amishfag
>using Sup Forums

>They have the same issues we do
I've never seen an obese Amish man. Do they exist?

so I get op isn't here but my grandparents were Amish from Lancaster and had all sorts of fucked up diseases. Anyone here know anything about those?

Spic isn’t a race fag and I’m on my phone. Who give a shit about spelling on Sup Forums?

Spics can be white or black or brown. Do you not understand “average” vs “all”? Yes, the average American has a HS diploma and some college, half has a college degree. Do humanity a favor and Kys.

How rampant is racism in the society? Are Irish considered white in your eyes?

Yep, especially the women over 40. They have kids every year. They become enormous. Men stay thinner longer, because they work physically demanding jobs on farms for a long time.

Are you retarded literally ever picture of them you see online is of fat Amish dudes

I graduated from Purdue with an electrical engineering degree. I would not make as much as I do if I didn’t have a degree.

Amish people contribute nothing to the US and in wartimes should be used as meatshields for actual tax paying Americans.

>half has a college degree
Nigga, you retarded?

Northern indiana here too. Near south bend. There's a shit load of these Amish fucked out here. I see them constantly going to Martin's and Meijer, the younger ones even ride bicycles, with safety vests and blinkers on them. And a lot of them have large natural gas tanks outside their houses. Most of the bitches I've seen were very good looking though.