/Grimes/

Discuss one of the most exciting artist working today.
Reminder: If you don't like her, you're a massive pleb and need to reconsider your taste.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2eX06z2VY3o
reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/50n4fj/what_oneitis_really_is_and_why_youll_never_get/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Grimes is the artist of the decade.

she made me insane

you guys haven't listened to much music huh

music peaked at grimes

>projecting

hardly, but enjoy your waifu
oh, was I mean to babby's first album?

Bump

>waifu
don't call her like that

>babby's first album
how is this supposed to be an insult considering that 90% of Sup Forumscore is babby's first albums?

This is the Grimes of party hats. Respond to this post with "party on, Claire" to recieve 100 years of good times.

lol I'm not a Sup Forums regular so I don't know what people listen to around here, and I don't care either. If you know you're just getting into music why would you parade around saying whatever flavor of the month you found today is the best music ever? It makes me cringe. Sup Forums has got to be the most underage board of Sup Forums

Speak for yourself. Some of my fave artists:
Steve Reich, Wire, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Cocteau Twins, Killing Joke, Stereolab, Depeche Mode, New Order, Can, Joni Mitchell, Telefon Tel Aviv, Siouxsie & The Banshees, MBV, The Human League, Disco Inferno, CRJ, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie, Neu!, Duran Duran, St. Vincent, The Beta Band, Ozric Tentacles, Aphex Twin, The Blue Nile, Tangerine Dream, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack, Kraftwerk, Public Enemy, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Klaus Schulze, Kate Bush, Plastikman, Dead Can Dance, FSOL, Glenn Branca, The Pop Group, Bob Dylan, Silver Apples, The Beatles, Fever Ray, OMD, Computer Magic, The Knife, Royksopp, DJ Shadow,........................
Liking Grimes is a piece of cake if you enjoy the music of all these artists.

i love the way grimes looks in this picture.she looks so happy

>flavor of the month
>is 2 years old

I mean she's fine. I didn't think her first album was interesting, but Art Angels had some good tracks on it. But would you put it on top of that pile you posted there?

irrelevant
That's like a ten year old acting like they're an adult now that they're not eight

>Steve Reich, Autechre, Cocteau Twins, Can, Joni Mitchell, MBV, Skinny Puppy, Neu!, Klaus Schulze, Kate Bush, Dead Can Dance, The Pop Group, Fever Ray, The Knife
ok
>New Order, Stereolab, Boards of Canada, Telefon Tel Aviv, Siouxsie & The Banshees, St. Vincent, David Bowie, Duran Duran, The Beta Band, Aphex Twin, Ozric Tentacles, Mazzy Star, Massive Attack, Public Enemy, Dr. Dre, Tangerine Dream, The Blue Nile, Plastikman, FSOL, Glenn Branca, Bob Dylan, Silver Apples, Computer Magic
eh
>Wire, Killing Joke, Depeche Mode, The Human League, CRJ, Snoop Dogg, Kraftwerk, The Beatles, OMD, Royksopp, DJ Shadow
yikes

Absolutely. It's like a buffet of well mixed best ingredients. I can't explain it but I just love her music. This is like explaining what is love.

>an album I dislike is a flavor of the month no matter for how long it's actually been popular

>Wire, Killing Joke, Depeche Mode, The Human League, CRJ, Snoop Dogg, Kraftwerk, The Beatles, OMD, Royksopp, DJ Shadow
>yikes
I just can't take you seriously if you say that. I can only hope that you're trolling.

>I can't take you seriously if you have a different opinion
>I can only hope that you're trolling if your opinion is different

Why does an album have to be very old to be taken seriously? To name 3 albums: Loveless, Nevermind and Screamadelica were praised and loved straight away even in 1991 when they were released. Same thing with Art Angels: it's a great album that rightfully got big praise at the release. You don't have to like it but at least to admit that it affected many other people in a positive way and they enjoyed it.

You're just hating some really good artists. I'm not sure if it's ironic or for real.

>You're just hating some really good artists
in my opinion I most definitely don't hate any good artists

You suck dude

He's just a pretentious dude.

hmm why?
>if your opinion is different from mine you're a pretentious dude

I don't really care about how long the album has been around, what I'm talking about is how long the person who says it's the greatest album they've ever heard has been around. It's hard for me to believe that someone unironically feels that way after listening to and enjoying other artists. I guess: Thinks so. But what ingredients are being mixed? Compare it to some of those artists you mentioned. Because all I hear is some somewhat weird pop, maybe early crystal castles made into more exciting bangers. I don't feel like I'm looking out over some kind of synthesis of different sounds and styles like I might if I was listening to an Ariel Pink album.

>It's hard for me to believe that someone unironically feels that way after listening to and enjoying other artists
If AA leaves you cold it doesn't mean the same thing happens to other anons.
>Compare it to some of those artists you mentioned.
Grimes has a multitude of sounds. Her music is far more kaleidoscopic than any of those artists.
>Because all I hear is some somewhat weird pop, maybe early crystal castles made into more exciting bangers.
Her brand of weird pop could be made only by her. Crystal Castles could never make something like Laughing and Not Being Normal or California. They're too one note to be even close to her eclectic style.
>I don't feel like I'm looking out over some kind of synthesis of different sounds and styles like I might if I was listening to an Ariel Pink album.
Ariel Pink does about the same things (mixing different genres) as Grimes but he does it in a different way. He's like a rock counterpart to Grimes' electronic approach. You can safely listen to both Ariel and Grimes and you'll get different vibes and sounds. You can't confuse each others' music.

> *SSSSSNNNNNIFIIIIFUIFIFUFUUUFFFFFF

That wallpaper is the same pattern as the hotel carpet from the Shining movie.

Could Grimes be working on a feature length thriller film?

A bit of a lazy response my dude. I'm not trying to tell you not to like AA. I liked it well enough. I'm just saying it's not the monumental artistic accomplishment you, and Sup Forums, make it out to be.

you’re a pretentious fuckwit LMAO

You're boring

Yes

can she act? Any experience?

a little bit
youtube.com/watch?v=2eX06z2VY3o

party on, Claire

>I'm just saying it's not the monumental artistic accomplishment you, and Sup Forums, make it out to be.
Are you sure? Who else did such album? Name even one similar album to it.

Hello

she does look like an instellar alien goblin she fits that part well

Hi

Yeah ive actually never embraced these goblin memes ever and used to take her a lot more seriously than that

Do we care about grimes?

Yes, WE do.

She looks sad all the time

Bump

not true

BE A BODY

Guys I'm crying right now. Grimes really is all I think about all day.

she's always on my mind as well

Bump

She's a great meme and has definitely been worth wasting all my time on

Possibly maybe.

Bump

The thing is that beyond that meme there's some actual great music. For once Sup Forums got the meme game right.

Fake bumps

>She's a great meme
Too bad you only like her for this reason. That's what actually sad.

Trump

Fake news. Fucking grimesfags in charge fetching a cup water lmfao 2017 lmfao prickle rick

I turned myself into the president morty

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

why would she sleep now?

She can sleep when she wants

is grimes awesome?

of course she is

She used to be

i'm seriously so confused. what is it about this chick that drives you guys to become so batshit crazy? it's like you were literally lobotomized or something. is prolonged exposure to her music damaging to the central nervous system or something? you're all fucking psycho.

and her music isn't even that good.

>and her music isn't even that good.
you're a mere pleb. become a patrician and then you'll understand what's the big deal about this amazing musician.

wow you sure proved me wrong lol

of course. now beat it.

Bump

if your a grimes wiafu fag wouldnt you want less people to like her so you can keep her for yorself. also, it bad music senpai

>what is it about this chick that drives you guys to become so batshit crazy?
I love the fact that she constantly seems to have to draw everything in & keep putting it down somehow, that the inspiration is so intense to her that she constantly feels the urge to commodify.
I love the fact that she seems so interested in everything, that anything has some perculiar side to it.
I love the fact that she doesn't give a fuck, that she doesn't let other peoples opinions get in the way of her personal preferences, that she stays true to herself no matter what to such an extent that she puts everybody else to shame with her lack of guilty pleasures.
I love the fact that she is often "boyish" in her interests, that she loves games, fighting sports, that she loves taking the piss.
I love the fact that she can't sit still, that she always has to keep moving somehow - i'm calm, so movement gives me comfort.
I love the fact that she seems obsessed with death and a sort of underworld art. I love the fact that she's fascinated by old cultures just as much as i am, that she keeps on delving into history and symbolism to find some truth. That she loves sci-fi, comics & fantasy.
I love her for telling me that embarrassment is good, how she seems to have unlocked so many mysteries that it just makes me want to listen to her talk everyday day about everything and anything, to hear her opinion all the time...
I even love the fact that she is so smart and strong in her opinions that it makes her stubborn to a point where she thinks she has the right to judge everyone with impunity.

>and her music isn't even that good.
objectively wrong

>if your a grimes wiafu fag
no

>wouldnt you want less people to like her
no

>it bad music senpai
no

>
>Grimes
>>"Plebs"
>Art Angels
>>"Patricians"
>Visions
>>People with actual musical knowledge
>Halfaxa/Darkbloom
>>Contrarians
>Geidi Primes

dude man up. oneitis is a defense mechanism to protect the ego from rejection.
reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/50n4fj/what_oneitis_really_is_and_why_youll_never_get/

the fact that you're pining after some chick who you'll never even meet is even worse. you've constructed an unattainable holy grail in your mind so you can justify allowing the rest of your life to crumble to pieces in the wake of your impossible quest. grow up and go find some real women

>if your a grimes wiafu fag wouldnt you want less people to like her so you can keep her for yorself.
you just proved yourself that there are no grimes waifufags. her fans simply want to share her great music with other anons.
>also, it bad music senpai
shitty opinion at best.

i kinda agree with this. visions is definitely her patrician album, seconded by halfaxa.

>there are no grimes waifufags.
explain this.

meant to quote this

Her music is empowering and she's beautiful and stylish.

that's a pasta. i've seen it before. you just take everything at face value like a n00b.

>what is it about this dude that drives you guys to become so batshit crazy?
I love the fact that he constantly seems to have to draw everything in & keep putting it down somehow, that the inspiration is so intense to him that he constantly feels the urge to commodify.
I love the fact that he seems so interested in everything, that anything has some perculiar side to it.
I love the fact that he doesn't give a fuck, that he doesn't let other peoples opinions get in the way of his personal preferences, that he stays true to himself no matter what to such an extent that he puts everybody else to shame with his lack of guilty pleasures.
I love the fact that he is often "girlish" in his interests, that he loves games, fighting sports, that he loves taking the piss.
I love the fact that he can't sit still, that he always has to keep moving somehow - i'm calm, so movement gives me comfort.
I love the fact that he seems obsessed with death and a sort of underworld art. I love the fact that he's fascinated by old cultures just as much as i am, that he keeps on delving into history and symbolism to find some truth. That he loves sci-fi, comics & fantasy.
I love him for telling me that embarrassment is good, how he seems to have unlocked so many mysteries that it just makes me want to listen to him talk everyday day about everything and anything, to hear his opinion all the time...
I even love the fact that he is so smart and strong in his opinions that it makes him stubborn to a point where he thinks she has the right to judge everyone with impunity.

>and his music isn't even that good.
objectively correct

You had a lot of spelling errors bud. I fixed them for you.

>responding seriously (and with citations) to a copypasta

>attempting to modify a pasta and making it way worse
p a t h e t i c

>greentexting
Welcome to Sup Forums have fun in highschool.

Bsbnd