Slowdive, DJ Shadow and GY!BE are all playing near me this month, but I can only afford 2, who do I see?

Slowdive, DJ Shadow and GY!BE are all playing near me this month, but I can only afford 2, who do I see?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5gmxBRkQd70
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slowdive and DJ Shadow. GY!BE are fucking boring live.

Slowdive and GY!BE

Wrong. GYBE and Slowdive. DJ Shadow is a has been

His live show was amazing last time I saw it. The energy was insane.

I didn't think they'd be too good live desu

Well I'm going to Slowdive and Bardo Pond. Shame Transformer 2 got cut back.

I'm also seeing Shellac in Manchester this week. They should be top of your list.

Don't see any of them and wait for something better D E S U.

Never heard of them desu, ill check em out
Slowdive is definitely top of my list though

It'll be a boring black and white reel projected on the stage with the band playing crescendos for 1 and a half hour while dudes with trilbies headbang.

Also seconding Shellac.

spend the dosh on spice instead

lmao

Any leeds jungle man in??

Liars are fucking great, though I didn't really like their new album.

seen them twice, both times were two of the most insane things i've ever seen, would recommend to literally anybody

when did you see them? Was it after or before their comeback?

neither. they're all shit and would be a waste of your money.

both were after. first time in october 2015, second time at arctangent festival last august

seeing them again at the end of this month and am immensely excited to see their new album played live

thanks for your input

Slowdive and GY!BE.
DJ Shadow has released only one good album and it was 20 years ago.

I saw DJ Shadow in july and it was a blast . the visuals were extremely nice and he played a lot of songs from endtroducing and the private press . Highly recommend it .

Jesus, why can't Bardo Pond visit my city

GY!BE is losing their edge fast live, better see them now now before they call it quits. Slowdive was ok when I saw them, mostly for nostalgic purposes though. Bardo Pond is a plus

Even if their new album is disappointing, godspeed is still a good live act. Can't speak for the other two.

Do you remember who supported him? Were they any good?

He was alone for 2 hours ~ . The first part was a beatmaker girl from the town he played at ( Toulouse , France ) .

wait for Dinosaur jr to come to town

GY!BE
youtube.com/watch?v=5gmxBRkQd70

Slowdive is better live than DJ Shadow, but if you really like DJ Shadow go see him but it's a stupid move

I swear Godspeed are spectacular live...

>GY!BE
I guess it would be free, otherwise they would be against the ideology they are preaching
free concert is always nice

I'd check what kind of setlist DJ Shadow's been playing this time. Saw him a couple of years back and it was alright, but barely any of his classics

Tfw i was going to see gy!be live but they cancelled

gybe is great live
go see them

I'd personally see GYBE and Slowdive. I think both the support acts Bardo Pond and Liars are pretty good too, so thats a bonus.

Oh, so you're one of those people who need some sort of fabricated energy from the artist in order to enjoy them. You should focus more on how they sound in a live environment..
Interesting. I've been to probably 10+ gy!be shows over the last 15 years and have never seen anyone with a fedora.
They're not nearly as good as they were back in 2003, but they're still one of the better live acts around.
They used to be. In the last couple of year their level has dropped pretty substantially.
True,his shows hinge a lot on his set lists.

I saw him last year and it was fucking amazing, mostly old songs, and a new one here and there. def worth it

What ideology are they preaching?

Lad

Yeah i just checked and he hasnt been playing the songs I want to hear recently, so guess ill see him some other time