Puts on record

>puts on record
>BZZZZZ HISSSS *SNAP* TTTSSSSSS *POP* BUZZZZZ
mfw
What's the appeal of this? Is there something I'm missing? Why is vinyl considered the superior format by so many people?

I think you need a new cartridge.

New records play just fine, but the quality does deteriorate heavily over time, which is terrible for me since most of the music I like is at least 20 years old

>TSSSSSSSSSS *SNAP* *CRACKLE* *POP*

w a r m

It's the big art for me. It's not really about the quality of the music, it's more a hobbyist or collector thing. I enjoy collecting rare editions of new stuff like, and though I hate to say this, the whole concept of a record store is really neat. It's like the iTunes store front page if it were a quaint corner shop. Also aesthetics.

Its called cleaning your revords dumbass

nostalgia
vinyl records are complete shit, they have a much lower frequency range than CDs, you have to worry about all sorts of mechanical problems in playback, they break if you drop them, they lose quality as you play them, they fuck up if you walk too hard on the floor, you need to physically clean them like some kind of autist, you need to worry about what orientation you store them in so the vinyl doesn't warp over time
two things that are good about them: 1) they weren't raped by the loudness war (the mastering process is different so they are different than the CD version), 2) a lot of great vinyl recordings haven't been remastered on CD yet

is me
I agree with this

Wrong
Not an argument

This.

You see, with dumbass vinyl records (an inferior product to digital records, whose technology is a variant of technology invented in the 1920s) you have to constantly clean your product in order for it not to sound terrible.

This. Alongside the ritual aspect of it. I like setting everything up, brushing the record, cleaning the stylus and picking a record.

Also a good source of interest if you have company. Sound system takes center stage in the room and people are usually intrigued and want to flick through records and pick something. Instead of just going on Spotify or itunes

Agree.

Not everything is about production and clean sounding music.
Also some albums were only released on vinyl, so no other way of listening to it. In some cases it has not been ripped by anyone. Or re-released at all.

Ground your turntable dumb shit

There is no actual appeal. Musicians and the vinyl industry push the memes so youll spend 40 dollars on a single album. Its like the guy from Pawn Stars said
>Some people say vinyl sounds better
>All i know is that vinyl costs more money and that sounds better to me lol
If you actually believe that vinyl sounds better you are just a sucker.

LMFAO if you pay that much for a new vinyl, you have been fooled. i payed 40 dollars for the 4xlp Disrupt box, remastered and shit. Stop buying commercial shit.

I bought the NIN deviations vinyl for 80 bucks plus shipping which turned into over 100 bucks. After waiting 6 months for it, i got this flimsy ass package with the vinyls and one artwork insert. Ive gotten actual heavy packages that cost 20 dollars to ship so theres no fucking way thats how much it cost to ship it for them. I decided to not buy anymore NIN shit after that. I feel like i got ripped off for being a loyal fan.

the music industry didn't push vinyl, they tried to push vinyl out in the 80s. lots of record stores just switched over to CDs
they capitalized on the craze, and pretty fucking reluctantly at that

shipping for fragile items is more expensive

You did get ripped off. Stop buying commercial shit.

lol i guess thats why all the corners were smushed when i got it. Trent doesnt give a fuck anymore. He just needs more money so he can buy a bigger house so his wife will stop nagging him.

>all the corners were smushed
okay you got ripped off

Spend your money on the artists/bands that have no wish of becoming the next pop/rock/rap/whatever star, those who do it because they care about their music.