Was this the logical conclusion to hip-hop? Is everything past this ultimately pointless?

Was this the logical conclusion to hip-hop? Is everything past this ultimately pointless?

the logical conclusion to rap is it never catching on

f*cking epic dude

the logical conclusion to hip hop would be to have never existed in the first place. pointless genre for people afraid of experiencing real art

What do you define as "real art", vargposter?

open your mouth wide

Western art music, jazz and other popular genres such as blues, traditional folk, african rhythms and some of rock music as well.

Varg sucks

yeah right on I f*cking love led zeppellin bro xD

Why do you have such a narrow view of art when it's so incredibly nebulous? Are you autistic?

led zeppellin is literally cultural appropriation. I was talking about krautrock, english acts by the 70s such as King Crimson, post-punk from the 80s, early post-rock and etc

All music is art whether you like the art or not. If you think differently, you literally don't know the definition of art. Unfortunately psueds like yourself try to box in the idea of what art can be into just what art they personally like.

do you think I have? I judge it by my values and for what I think matters in music. Feel free to change by view, but when it comes to rap, I always thought it hits lower levels of brilliance and appeal

let's settle this once for all. It is just BAD art.

That's all well and good, but in your first post you said
>[Hip hop is a] pointless genre for people afraid of experiencing real art
To consider something more meaningful to yourself is fine, but you qualified a genre of music as being inferior art to other people as well. How do you justify this?

THE UNIVERSAL SIGH

*adjusts bowtie*
ahem, I see you are a gentleman of fine taste as well. it is my honor to make your acquaintance
*tips fedora*
*lights pipe*
perhaps a scotch, good sir?

To you. Just say you dislike it and move on

What makes it objectively bad? Because you don't like it?

AND WHILE THE OCEAN BLOOOOOOOOOOOOMS

objectively bad for me sure. But don't you guys think it can be judge by its "objective" qualities? Or lack of it? Like harmony, melody, counterpoint, all that technical stuff?

I see you're a man of culture as well.
*adjusts fedora*
Let's take a nice walk on these muddy streets, gentleman. The night is always awake
*lights cigar*
I'm fine with a good scotch if you will, sir

>Or lack of it? Like harmony, melody, counterpoint, all that technical stuff?
No. What makes these 'established rules' better or worse than something different? You have a very narrow view of what can be considered good.

No, don't fall for the music is objectively good/bad meme.

>literally cultural appropriation

back to Tumblr with you

Lol