Why is literally EVERY American I've met, of all ages, taking some form of medication?

Why is literally EVERY American I've met, of all ages, taking some form of medication?

Because we love the idea that no matter what we do there's a type of medication that can counteract any negative effects we would be getting from all of our fucking terrible decisions.

kids love sugar

I'm American. I take none and have never had a regular prescription

kys

Because stupid fucking pharmashits keep lowering reference ranges for disease. I work in a lab and see criticals that are technically normal but still have to call it and it is shit. Patients just believe what the bloodwork says, I have to explain to polycythemia patients that even though their HGB is 'critical', it is upper-normal for their gender and that just goes over their head so we end up drawing blood anyway. Recently millions of people woke up over night and became diabetic because they lowered the range. They do it to get more money.
TL;DR Drug companies want more money

youre probably conservative right? do you drink?

To add on to that, antibiotic use is also really bad. I can't even list how many cases of multiple drug resistant acinitobacters I have seen, many times they have to treat that shit with non-FDA approved drugs and I have no clue how legal that is. We have foreigners that work here and it horrifies them.

drink, smoke weed. i wouldn't label a political affiliation specifically

It's even worse in the "happy" European countries.

I think growing up in America, if fucks us up mentally.. Like you get depressed, and dumb founded from how stupid this place is, but you try to believe how great it is, from what everyone here says, and at the end it makes you feel crazy. I take 4 different medications, but mind you i have a form of tourettes (motor eye ticks) so thats what i think.

im american and I dont take any medication regularly. people here are too quick to turn to drugs to fix every problem though

only retards think america is some kind of backwards or stupid country. there are stupid people here like everywhere else. avg american iq is just about the same as worldwide avg

My dude, i live here in America. I know how it is here... People are pretty stupid. Also look, we have trump as president, i mean, for fuck sake, this is the reality. I feel like since you think America isnt stupid, you're conservative, or a trumpfag. I legit haven't talk to a person who thought America was great, unless you were just that.

It's fairly high once you take the brown people out of the occasion, better than most European countries if you scale the brown people porportion to that of said countries iirc.

It's not that Americans aren't dumb, it's just that yurops are just as dumb.
Americans tend to be less reserved so tge stupid is much louder.

>taking some form of medication
Does that include cannabis?

>occasion

Im sure you ment "equation", you sort of just lost your credibility in that post user lol

I'm drunk

You know what, thats a pretty decent point. Honestly we can never know, unless we visit Europe. From what i know, Americans are loud af

because medicine is still for profit here. if we had real socialized medicine here I guarantee you medication would be handed out like candy

Cheers i am as well. Just being an asshole.

would not be*

Has anyone in this thread actually been to the US? I can't tell if this is a troll or if eurofags are really that retarded.

American vacationing in Eastern Europe here..
Americans are dumb. At least compared to peoole in these countries. People in the us are coddled, insulated and given a false sense of grandeur.. it shows in our infrastructure, zoning regulations, how shops are arranged.. it's like living your whole life in a padded room.

When can i start crying user

When your SSRIs stop being effective

Welcome to Trumps America

You dug deep into psych 101 for that joke. Props.

Where exactly are you?

Well...you're not wrong

Hungary. I honestly love it here but that's probably because I'm a little crude and racist.

I'm not
just don't care enough to keep up with that kind of thing

To cope with living in a cold capitalist dystopian nightmare with that orange joke as their leader.

How are Americans on meds if they dont have healthcare? Also why doesnt America have hospitals?

The real answer is because our politicians and media are bought out by pharmaceutical companies and the other fortune 500s so we continue to give them our money (money=time, time=life) until our dying breath.

ITT people who confuse ignorance and poor education with stupidity.
>Stupid is as stupid does.
There is some truth to that however.

Transhumanism.

even if this was true, why is it a bad thing? you an anti-vaxxer too OP?

I live in northern east part of europe. Not much refugees here if thats what you like. It's cold and they don't get extra money...

In 90's USA was a dream for many of eastern europeans. Probably because it was unacessible in soviet times and USA was enemy of Russia.

Anyway, enjoy your vaction!

we have great healthcare and the best hospitals. "Healthcare" nowadays just means free Government Health Insurance

>taking some form of medication?
>I take none
>drink, smoke weed
>I take none

>I'm American

What the fuck does that have to do with taking medications or not?

That doesn't justify America though.

This.
America is a beautiful lie.

>bought a pass to write one-word posts

OP literally said "every American he has met", he has never implied having been in the USA.

Yep.

I mean the economy is way better in the US. I'm actually here to marry my fiancee so he can move to the states with me so clearly people here still have reasons to leave.
Culturally though i think we would both prefer to stay here.. and thanks, dude.

neither alcohol nor cannabis are commonly accepted as medication

Same reason why every European I've met drinks way too fucking much. To cope with hard life and capitalism.

Because it's much easier to take pills rather than try to better oneself.

this

Kind of this. Growing up here I've been prescribed four different medications, eventually gave up going to doctors. I'm 21. Theyll try and give you everything they can, and many people around me take pills daily, and I can tell who does before they even tell me, because they're fucked up.

I'm a white guy who (pardon my narcissism) is very smart, but I decided to just drink and drop out of college, because I'm tired of dealing with this shit system and the people I have to be around to go through it. Rather be quiet and happy, do my learning on my own at my own speed. That being said, I need to stop drinking so much..

I've been on meds for several years now. I thought it was cool at first to be on zoloft, but now I take it because I depend on it. At least, that's what the doc says.

i take 300mg of some anti depression medicine every day, and I weigh like 130 pounds. It barely works

Cannabis is medical in most states you fucking tard