Imagine being so goddamn rich you start having delusions about being poor and not having possessions

>imagine being so goddamn rich you start having delusions about being poor and not having possessions

Should your lyrics reflect who you really are, or can artists just take this artistic license of larping of being whatever the fuck they want to be? Even if it borders blatant hyprocrisy or even parody?

WELL SHAKE HER UP BABY NOW

BEAT YOUR WIFE

COME ON COME ON COME ON COME ON BABY NOW

COME ON AND PUNCH HER IN THE FACE

>Should your lyrics reflect who you really are
Except there was a time when he was poor and had little to know possessions.
>Even if it borders blatant hyprocrisy or even parody?
friendly reminder John Lennon did a ton of social and charity work for people less fortunate than him. What have you done lately?

Imagine is not about being poor

>brainlets can't into john lemon's meta-crypto lyrics
must suck to be you. anyway, if you want lyrics, go read a book.

>i wish we all were poor and atheist and lived in a commie hellhole where all property is state owned
yeah its about living in a literal dystopic nightmare, but still, he wishes for poverty too.

you sound dumb

Charity is for rich people like him. For common folk working and contributing to society is enough. If they didn't do that then everything would fall apart and everybody would be poor.

How is he wrong? Imagine pretty much lays out the blueprints for an idealized communist state.

>where all property is state owned
See:
>imagine there's no countries
>imagine all the people sharing all the world

Nice try illiterates
>Charity is for rich people like him
No shit. Poor people can't afford to give away money to help other poor people. Do you know why? Maybe you can guess.

Emphasis on 'idealized'. The song is catchy but its message is retarded and you're wasting time trying to defend it.

>no countries
oh truly, i forgot to address his globalist cuck wishes. yeah, a big multinational state would enforce that "world peace". if you leave people on their own, theyll naturally organize and have nations, rules, shared creeds and all that stuff.

>Emphasis on 'idealized'
Irrelevant.

Also
>I don't understand the message but I'm sure it's a waste of time

What do you do for a living?

Nice backpedaling
>a big multinational state would
See:
>imagine there's no countries

Did you actually listen to the song?

Daily reminder that Lennon literally replied to interviewer asking about this song: "It's just a song". He wasn't a hypocrite, he was a cynic.

Oh, yes. And that Bob Dylan fella? What a crock of shit, get a book.

>if you leave people on their own, theyll naturally organize and have nations, rules, shared creeds and all that stuff.
See:
>Nothing to kill or die for and no religions too

Anti-Lennon fags getting rekt itt

How fucking depressing is it that a guy writes a song, literally just asking you to imagine a world guided by altruism and people living in harmony, and people across the political spectrum go out of their way to tear him down and degrade him for it.

For one, some artists were poor in their past. Other than that, art shouldn't be limited by our lives. A richfag who never was poor talking about poverty simply isn't authentic, so what? Verisimilitude isn't a requirement.

Communism is inevitable.

>humans either become robots with universal basic income and communism
>or nuclear war brings us back to the stone age
future is exciting!

Holy fuck I'm in high school again.
Holy fuck I never left.
This is the fucking worst.

>What do you do for a living?

Kill yourself

NO RECESS!!!!!

this

Nothing could be as bad as living under capitalism

Ben Shapiro is anti-love shill
We live n a world where such a thing can exist
Can you fucking believe that

>can artists just take this artistic license of larping of being whatever the fuck they want to be?
Yes. Nobody is forcing you to listen.

Confirmed NEET

kek

Lennon was the dogs bollocks