What kind of music do "Gamers" listen to?

What kind of music do "Gamers" listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyx36LDuVJ8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAw_ZR5YkI
youtube.com/watch?v=CFgV2KG7R94
youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU
youtube.com/watch?v=UrJcQ2nZips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Protomen

generic EDM

kanye
Kendrick
earl
beyonce
fka twigs

Act III fucking when

Whatever they want to you twit. What do Jews listen to?

OSTs for anime, vidya and capeshit
Power Metal
Protomen
Synthwave

anything you don't like

People who call themselves gamers probably soundtracks, garbage EDM, or metal
Normal people who play video games just listen to whatever

logic, j cole, dubstep remixes

pendulum

Sup Forums

>People who call themselves gamers probably soundtracks, garbage EDM, or metal
Isn't this basically what Sup Forums listens to?

garbage

Anyone else have trouble believing gamers are human?

to be fair this board's taste in video games is just as bad if not worse than their taste in music

Dadrock, metal, synthwave, vaporwave, soundtracks and dubstep.

I'm a gamer. I like massive multiplayer online gaming communities. If you meet me online by Grubs Tavern, I'll show you where the treasure is hidden.

these predominantly and dadrock

The only games I play are Overwatch and 2k these days and I just get the Pandora Ultimate Gaming mix going. Sometimes I'll play the Mac Demarco station or Jimmy Eat World if I'm feeling a little crazy.

The Game

the only thing worse than edm is country music

Classic country music is comfy.
So is classic EDM (80s and 90s) actually, but in a different way.

>there are people that think this is the case
yikes

shitty edm and buttmetal

lo

Honestly playing vidya is so boring. I don't understand how someone can invest so much into it.

i used to be able to play all day when i was a teenager but now a game can only hold my attention for 2 hours max. also most shit coming out these days is so bad that i'm never even interested in finishing most games

Ask a licensed MLG pro anything

I'm serious. I competed in a COD tourney in Miami when I was 15. Went bronze and played some kids from Korea and got shat on.

yikes

no one cares

I'm serious bro. I qualified for MLG Nationals for Black Ops II and got on a clan and we lost. Got 3rd place in Miami regionals and got offered a spot because my KD was fucking choice.

I'm the opposite. Lost interest as a teen, and picked it back up now that I'm 25. My life must've gotten a lot worse.

Google "TheWhiteNagger" gamertag you'll find me

no one cares

Well I thought it was pretty cool. I'm somewhat of a famous gamer myself and renowned for my skills as one of the top 1% of COD players in the country for Black Ops II. Oh and I listen to a lot of hip hop and Death Grips, King Crimson, Oasis, GY!BE, OPN, Paparoach, Nick Cave, a lot of variety

fi

No one cares dude

>I'm somewhat of a famous gamer myself and renowned for my skills as one of the top 1% of COD players in the country for Black Ops II. Oh and I listen to a lot of hip hop and Death Grips, King Crimson, Oasis, GY!BE, OPN, Paparoach, Nick Cave, a lot of variety

You may be good at COD but you've never seen a pussy so who's the real bigshot here?

>resourcefulness
>negotiation
>strategy
>leadership
>hobbies

imagine being proud of being good at pressing a button and moving analog sticks for hours and dedicating enough time to compete in a tournament for it

Sorry you got fucking shat on and I made you rage quit pussy. Everyone plays COD. Successful people do. Guys who get sex do. I'm better than all of them and fucking make them look like fools every time I play them. I legitimately impress people with how fast my fingers are. If you saw me in action you'd be in awe of the sheer kinetic movement and coordination I'm exhibiting. It's comparable to an artist honing his craft when I'm on the joysticks. Gaming isn't just a fun hobby for me, it was there when no one else was, it spoke to me and it is what makes my life fulfilled. Gaming is an art, a passion, a lifestyle, and you wouldn't understand unless you spent hours with your brothers in arms competing against squads of players in simulated brutal combat. It's camraderie and teamwork and unity. We're up 18 hours a day just practicing, developing strategy, studying the map and tendencies of the opponents, it's just like any other sport. Pro gaming was the most fun I ever had in my life, and you ignorant fucks need to just stop shitting on video games when I know you all play them

imagine being this much of a loser

nice bait

> Pro gaming was the most fun I ever had in my life
don't worry when you take your first cock up your ass and finally lose your virginity you'll change your mind

lofi chillhop radio 24/7 beats to game/study to

What a terrible sweatshirt. It reminds me of the people who vocally proclaim their nerd status because they like star wars and played minecraft once. No one who plays games in any semi-meaningful capacity would design or wear a sweatshirt like that.

Where does this pasta come from?

I'm very much a "tr00 gamer" because I collect niche titles for old systems and I play on hard difficulties. I even have a post-ironic collection of the world's worst vidya.

I'm also a Sup Forumstant, have been for seven years. I listen to everything from the more listenable samplings of top 40 garbage to the niche and obscure. Right now I'm listening to a K-Mart muzak reel from 1988.

But here's my top 100 if that helps define a gamer's music taste.

Now, when I first came here from Sup Forums, my taste in music was defined by Need For Speed, Burnout and Tony Hawk. So I guess someone who wouldn't crosspost here might have a similar taste.

>tr00 gamer
>gets 00
H I G H S C O R E

You don't have the witcher 3 on here. You must not know what you're talking about. youtube.com/watch?v=eyx36LDuVJ8

One of my favorite RPGs, actually. I just haven't sat down and listened to the score yet.

>instrumental hip-hop
>electroswing
>synthwave/chillwave/80s-wave
>"future funk"/"vaportrap"
>downtempo/lounge
>power/prog metal
>EDM-based Trap/Dubstep/Tech House
>IDM
>Chiptune (excluding tracker music) / "Bitpop"

80s music from GTA Vice City

I listened to a lot of Netsky and backpacker-hop back when I played video games nonstop.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAw_ZR5YkI
This track would foreshadow my interest in old skool jungle a few years later...

>calling Witcher 3 rpg
What’s next, are you gonna call fallout new vegas rpg too?

Dubstep
Vaporwave
Lofi hip hop
Trash SoundCloud rappers

>thinking RPG means "old," 2D," "isometric" or "difficult"
Mate, it simply means role-playing game. Hope this helps.

I've had lots of gamer freinds and it's this desu or Japanese hip hop or also stuff like Trivium,Linkin Park and NIN etc.

Image the autist that would wear this

Synthwave, judging from Sup Forums's threads about it.

Bump inb4 404

This.

something like dad rock

Either hipster or pop shit.

>isn't this what Sup Forums listen to
No I listen to a variety of music ding dong The Protomen are good though. Top 3 favorite artist of all time
>Nirvana
>Jay Reatard
>David Bowie

i like the sweater, anybody knows where i can get one like that without that gamer shit?

YouTube channels that upload EDM (stupid shit like Monstercat)

OST's (Gamers tend to be so obsessed with fantasy that when they take a break from a game they go and listen to the music from it)

Metal invariably attracts "gamer" types because they find it shocking and unique (this music is for outcasts, like ME! :)

special mention goes to Lo Fi Chill Beats

when vaporwave became a meme it just became another way for losers to signal nerd status to each other

Metal

This is ancient, but youtube.com/watch?v=CFgV2KG7R94 I remember seeing this on a VHS tape when I was a kid. Does that count?

youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU

>hey guys welcome to my new let's play of minecraft

reminder that Sup Forums is way better than Sup Forums

it looks comfy

Time Machine Modulus

Everything that is on Monstercat, Trap Nation or any other youtube edm promotion channel.

Would cop effay as fuck

Depends on what their gaming rig of choice is. PC is more likely to be listening to edgy genres, playstation more likely top 40 or hiphop.
Nintendo is either top 10 animu battle epic music or whatever their school friends like.

hip

Depends. I used to listen to everything on both Liquicity and MrSuicideSheep's youtube channels back when I was heavily into games.
I still love liquid dnb but i haven't listened to it in a loooong time.

Oh, and I used to strictly browse Sup Forums and /x/ but I can't hhandl Sup Forums anymore, especially since I don't buy any new games because it's impossible to get a full package anymore. Gotta buy a ton of dlc plus microtransactions.
It's so anti-consumer I could puke, hence me taking up the hobby of music.

But those artists are all good (and COD players definitely don't listen to any of them)

Hello fellow gamers how are you doing? ^_^

youtube.com/watch?v=UrJcQ2nZips

Your favorite rapper.

Gamer here. I was listening to Massive Attack, Gorillaz, The Bird and the Bee, Carpenters, and Fleetwood Mac last night while gaming.

Checked

Nah, Xbox users are the ones listening to top 40. Mainly PC with PS4 and Nintendo for exclusives is objectively patrician.

Depends what you mean by "Gamer"

m o n s t e r c a t

This.

this is me compounded by the fact that there are probably 5 games i want to play over a decade and each one is on a different system.
tbqfh i'm gonna spend $300 that should include a lifetime subscription to play whatever zelda games they end up making. instead it's just the hardware.
then there's games i've waited my whole life for them to make like Super Mario Maker or PUBG(online multiplayer adaptation of Battle Royale) and i can't play them because it would cost like $1000 or something

high hopes in the 90s but video games completely blew it in my opinion

Just get a good PC and emulate. Sure, you might have to wait a few generations to play new games, but then you don't have to spend dosh on new consoles.

forgot to say what i think gamers listen to. mostly this:
>AFI - The Boy Who Destroyed the World
>Adolescents - Amoeba
>Alien Ant Farm - Wish
>Bodyjar - Not the Same
>CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
>Del the Funky Homosapien - If You Must
>Guttermouth - I'm Destroying the World
>House of Pain - I'm a Swing It
>KRS-One - Hush
>The Mad Capsule Markets - Pulse
>Motörhead - Ace of Spades
>The Nextmen - Amongst the Madness
>Ozomatli - Cut Chemist Suite
>The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
>Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fight Like A Brave
>Redman - Let's Get Dirty (I Can't Get in da Club)
>Reverend Horton Heat - I Can't Surf
>Rollins Band - What's The Matter Man"
>Xzibit - Paparazzi
>Zebrahead - Check

this

I'm really jelly of people that grow out of video games. It's a crippling addiction for me

i've thought about it but i use a macbook and if i trade for a nice pc i won't be able to carry it around. i could tolerate using a cozy thinkpad with some overly complicated linux but i dont think that's what people mean when they talk about gaming pcs
all i can do with this mbp is play ocarina and mario64 over and over but a PC just for games would be even more expensive than a console

>macfag
There's your problem. Get a desktop with Windows for home and a cheapish laptop for elsewhere. Thinkpads are cool, but anything works so long as it isn't a fucking Mac. I use an HP laptop that was used in some office but got sold for cheap when they upgraded it. An i7 processor for 25 bucks.

Macs work great though. my texts and calls come through to my laptop and i can send big files around between my phone iPad and computer like crazy (i use this all the time in music production)
computers all cost the same anyway if youre good at craigslist. i think i bought a G3 for $15, traded it up a few times, and now i have a 2013 retina mbp, a tv, speakers. you just gotta grind on it

lol