I was wondering what this motherboard and that other thing are. Also, could I make a decent pc with them?

I was wondering what this motherboard and that other thing are. Also, could I make a decent pc with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-980-Series-Socket-AM2-Desktop-Motherboard-CN-0HK980-70821-68V-40HJ-/272673967786
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, and that's a hard drive dumbass.

that's an old board. looks like no SATA. what is the cpu? rub off the thermal paste and read it off. give me the long number.

he meant the expansion card, dumbass.

those are some high quality parts OP

and a high quality pic

some old ass dell oem crap, probably am2 socket or something super old
you'd have to pay someone to take that crap

It belongs in a museum!

No matter what you do, this PC will stay pleb tier.

that stuff is outdated and you would have trouble finding drivers that work.

"super old"... at least they're DIMMS.

it should run linux fine but most likely not even beyond XP.

You wont get far without a heatsink, but that computer is literally garbage with or without it. You could make something usable, but you'd pay way more than it's worth to get it working

the "other thing" is a front panel board for use with the dell chassis for which this sad assembly was intended.

I am high and wrote that quick. I know thats a hard drive.

H212632I60624

>Has sata
>looks like ddr 3 to me
>dual channel
>propably 776 or 1155 socket
>pcie gen2
throw away the hard drive
could make for a cheap seedbox or working/browsing machine

I don't know what the fuck it is. That was I lie because I was embaressed that I didnt know what it was.

>H212632I60624

there's not going to be an I, it's probably a 1 but that doesn't get hits. i was more curious about the board. look for a nice long serial number on the dell board. whatever cpu it is, it'll go but i was wondering about drive and ram capability more than cpu. you could probably find the best cpu for this board for 30 bucks and full ram for 40 bucks on ebay used.

It is an I. It has the twisty bits.

still me. forget it.

i got a refurbished office machine for $175 on amazon. inside it was SPOTLESS and it was "microsoft certified refurbished". you'll need to pay for windows 10 but a box like that will get you running ok with windows 10. you still need a power supply and ram, etc.

really, it was that cheap, came with a 1tb drive, and it's sweet in a nice case.

i actually got mine through walmart.com but really... refurbished microsoft certified is damn good if you want cheap and decent.

i started that typing amazon but i remembered it was walmart. it's "microsoft certified" though that means it was probably a BARELY used box in some office fleet they leased. clean as hell.

this thread is a troll right? LOL

that is worth nothing to nobody

an electronics recycle company might take it for free

that barcode serial gets no hits. it IS a dell. look for something closer to the dell logo?

wait, i found a video. that IS the number. let me see...

I might just go with a refurbished pc. Might switch some parts around. Not going to buy shit till I sober up so thanks for the feedback. Seems like trash so if anyone wants more info for some reason just ask.

Thanks for telling me. It isn't a troll I'm just a retard.

I just found out it comes from a pre built pc thats like fifteen years old. I don't have the case anymore.

looks like a variation of a Dell Dimension E521

its worth less than the time you spent making this thread im afraid

ok. it's not total shit.

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-980-Series-Socket-AM2-Desktop-Motherboard-CN-0HK980-70821-68V-40HJ-/272673967786

it's something like this. i tried google's autocomplete by slowly typing it. i'm surprised someone previously recognized am2.

this item has a very similar number, so probably very similar specs. the rest last two sections are probably for the special build/model.

you posted right before i finished. how did you recognize fucking e521? sheesh.

anyway... why is OP's pic of the serial almost exactly framed like the pic in this ebay listing?

it's ok. i was bored enough to play along.

if OP needed help, they should have enough to figure out what the board can take if they google. if they raped our love, then they'll get theirs.

now, i wish someone could figure out what this video is on seinfeld's tv in an early episode. this is the best frame from the actual dvd source.

it CAN'T expand because that's already blown up.

I kind of want to figure this out

no

it doesnt look like any of the video's on his shelf

You already killed the motherboard by putting it on a blanket. Throw it in the trash.