Why do nerds and autists cream their pants offer vidya music...

Why do nerds and autists cream their pants offer vidya music? Most of it is pretty bland compared to contemporary artists and looping can make some songs fucking annoying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oDlOexkBZaI
youtu.be/1Qfm2WRY8Us
youtube.com/watch?v=NOo0XA1ZCsI
youtube.com/watch?v=xuT_HVe3qU8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cndd8OsEaP0
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0
youtube.com/watch?v=zNEqk8DXRQk
youtu.be/408tWOubRDM
youtube.com/watch?v=EJGrl4gJxx4
youtube.com/watch?v=zv6cc5cuiX0
youtube.com/watch?v=e8ONhxEIx-M&list=PL6BF9D9160C8EEB5D&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=PZfaSNoZ6L0
youtube.com/watch?v=s9-FU-1YoUU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqv5wxKDSIo
youtu.be/-J0H5ah1G7A
youtube.com/watch?v=GAwUaiWHgL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some people like vidya. Some of those same people also like music.

People like stuff more when it intersects more of their "worlds". It's simple, but powerful. I get it, and I hope you can understand as well.

Nostalgia, mostly. If there's a game you really like, listening to the music can help you relive the moment. One of the symptoms of autism is getting really obsessed over something, whether it be a series of games or anime, a subject (math, science, ect.), or something else. Part of "bringing the game into your everyday life" would be to listen to the music from the game. Another thing is that autists often have a hard time making relationships with other people. They often have no friends, no gf, family members who hate them, ect, because they are impaired socially. They still long for this social connection with another person, so they get attached to characters in their games and animes and shit, as if they're their friends. Listening to music from those games, then, can bring back memories of being with their "friends" even after having played the game.

What do you mean by “worlds”?

That makes no sense. Those autists only listen to shits like anime theme songs and vidya bgms. There's nothing powerful about shitty poppy music for nerds.

because a lot of it is just genuinely better than monotone z-list literally who rappers

And most of it is a lot worse than everyone else

>why do nerds and autists do x
Gee I fucking wonder why

t. hasn't listened to a single good video game soundtrack
i would post something but i know you won't enjoy it no matter what, because it's from a game

yes but you see the important thing here is that rappers are bland

Some of it is extremely well composed (although I wouldn't describe most of it that way). And maybe it's a genre that people aren't otherwise very familiar with.

you're retarded though

um, nostalgia?

Even if you did it's probably gonna be some overrated crap like Persona

suck my dick bitch

That is a good fact

it gives the plebian mind an instant and accessible point of emotional attachment to a piece "oh this is what it sounds like when X did Y" so they don't have to use their imagination and listen critically

when have you used your imagination or done anything creative ever?

Because they associate it with the game.

I think it’s really like a lot of people are sated with a certain amount of art and if you play a lot of video games hearing that soundtrack you enjoy might be as much music as you need that day regardless of whether there’s music you might enjoy more available

when I listen to burzum and have normie killing power fantasies

It's just more music user

it's too bad you can't buy yourself some talent.

Cause some of it's good and it's easy to listen to in the background while I browse

unironically this
some jap vidya music is very good

Sorry you got fucking shat on and I made you rage quit pussy. Everyone plays COD. Successful people do. Guys who get sex do. I'm better than all of them and fucking make them look like fools every time I play them. I legitimately impress people with how fast my fingers are. If you saw me in action you'd be in awe of the sheer kinetic movement and coordination I'm exhibiting. It's comparable to an artist honing his craft when I'm on the joysticks. Gaming isn't just a fun hobby for me, it was there when no one else was, it spoke to me and it is what makes my life fulfilled. Gaming is an art, a passion, a lifestyle, and you wouldn't understand unless you spent hours with your brothers in arms competing against squads of players in simulated brutal combat. It's camraderie and teamwork and unity. We're up 18 hours a day just practicing, developing strategy, studying the map and tendencies of the opponents, it's just like any other sport. Pro gaming was the most fun I ever had in my life, and you ignorant fucks need to just stop shitting on video games when I know you all play them

but there's usually better non-vidya music of the same genre if you know what to look for

the only exception is metal-ish stuff like boss music; that tends to sound dumb as fuck when played by an actual band

COUGH

lol

Only vidya OST I like are the ones with real music. Like the sports games.

I just downloaded all the nintendo soundtracks because of your shitty thread OP

>only real music is lyrical music
I guess you think music started in 1910

did you cream your pants nerd?

>music fits tone of game
>nerds cream over it and call it masterpiece
Not much science

I filled 847 industrial size condoms to be precise

Wait, no, now 873

I'm getting sick of the same lyrics but rearranged differently and beats and rythms that for some reason make me want to count to 4 or some multiple of 4. And lots of video games have some good metal covers or whatever instrument cover.

>but there's usually better non-vidya music of the same genre if you know what to look for
Name better acid house than the Streets of Rage 2 sountrack.

(you can't because you'd be wrong)

>video game music can never be patri-
youtu.be/oDlOexkBZaI

there's a few vidya osts that are legit good albums in their genres, the rest is still fun but nothing special

overrated != not good

Post lyrical vidya music nerds
youtu.be/1Qfm2WRY8Us

youtube.com/watch?v=NOo0XA1ZCsI

youtube.com/watch?v=xuT_HVe3qU8

The soundtrack to the Robocop Gameboy game was fucking sweet.

I don't know any besides the Persona series and maybe a couple more. It's mostly all instrumental sheeit up in here *muh brain*

youtube.com/watch?v=Cndd8OsEaP0
Turn up de bass

>lyrical music started in 1910
wut

I think you should kill yourself, Dilbert.

>not recognising the genius that is Tim Follin
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

youtube.com/watch?v=zNEqk8DXRQk

context of the story of a game they played through means there absolutely is something powerful about it

also fuck you

Bramble Blast is pure art made even more beautiful when you realize the limits of the system they were composing for

>that makes no sense
>calls others autists
Literal retard.

unironically one of the best djent albums

youtu.be/408tWOubRDM
faggot

Fuck you OP, tell me this is bad
youtube.com/watch?v=EJGrl4gJxx4

In A Snow-Bound Land is the best vidya song.

808 State - 90
Actual dance music > Poorly made dance music from video games for children

>Name better acid house than the Streets of Rage 2 sountrack.
the stuff it ripped-off

youtube.com/watch?v=zv6cc5cuiX0

Their interests

It's really no different than being into film scores if you think about it, serves the same function in establishing mood, etc. Actually, OP I think the real autist is you!

This fucking FM chip
youtube.com/watch?v=e8ONhxEIx-M&list=PL6BF9D9160C8EEB5D&index=16

>(you can't because it doesn't cater to my manchild nostalgia)
ftfy

Nice copypasta but cod is shit

Op is a very bad shitposter and a troll. You should drop that act already, dumbfuck

Is this the videogame music thread

youtube.com/watch?v=PZfaSNoZ6L0
youtube.com/watch?v=s9-FU-1YoUU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqv5wxKDSIo

Still goes hard
youtu.be/-J0H5ah1G7A

This is hitting a little too close to home, user.

some games (mainly japanese ones) have really good music. it's not that hard to imagine when there are so many games.

this is awesome never heard it before

youtube.com/watch?v=GAwUaiWHgL8

Bitches check that chord progression and weep

same reason people cream their pants over any other kind of soundtrack. they associate it with good times. a lot of nostalgia goggles.

On that note, why do video game covers always sound so fucking bland, flat, and corny? and its ALWAYS the metal covers.

Some of its good. Some of its bad. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe not. Who cares? If you like it, good for you. If you don't, why shit on it?

bramble blast is actually the best piece of video game music. Donkey Kong has the best video game music no question

the streets of rage stuff is great, but it's not really better than R&S records

the thing that makes game music often not so great is that the composers are too pressed for time; if you're given 6 weeks to write 90 pieces of music, they're not all going to be masterpieces. it's kind of more like TV or commercial music in that sense

Oh shit that Chaos theory song is fucking great