Speaking of Mansons, did anyone ever listen to Charlie's music? What are your thoughts?

Speaking of Mansons, did anyone ever listen to Charlie's music? What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=49bxJKLI5d8
youtube.com/watch?v=-qMFBqCeAc8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably in my top 20 favorite albums of alltime
Heard it on acid and cried, it wasn't my first time hearing it but still
I love this man

He could of been the next Bob Dylan if he didn't get his cult to kill those people.

Ok I'm probably exaggerating but his stuff is still pretty good.

Okay [but] how loud can I go with this? [screams loudly!] Now that’s where Rock and Roll comes from… Music comes from the Crown. Music comes from your King. Music comes from your lord. Music comes from your soul. Hollywood plays music to little girls. I don’t play “little girl” music. I play music for God. I play music for myself. Then, I come up with a song, and they [go and] change the words. I say, “Don’t change the words!” If you change the words, my shadows are running fast, man. I’m running out of monk school. I’m running out of Boystown – Father Flanagan’s in Nebraska. I’m running out of an Irish Catholic Church. I’m running from the IRA. I’m running from everyone that wants to live on the planet Earth, man. I’m running from nowhere and doing nothing. I’m all the same, on and on, as if Shakespeare was a clown.

Only heard Lie and One Mind.
Good stuff.

I'd rec Air

Yes it's actually bretty good.

he probably coulda been one of the most iconic artists if he didn't get wrapped up in the family thing, or at least if the murders didn't happen

the personality, his history, the actually pretty good music. He was homeless since like the age of 12, and his mom named him "no name". He could've been one of the most interesting recording artists ever desu

He already is
Charlie's a fucking national treasure

well I meant in the musical context

he's a household name even today because of his family and the personality, but not his music.

i honest to god don't think he deserves to be labelled a killer or even a cult leader. He's just a severely detached individual who spent his life in prison, got out of prison and missed an entire generation, had no family or friends, fell into a completely new world, played guitar and people were enamored with him. When the Tate murders happened they were all tripping out of their minds and Charlie never said anything about killing anyone

It's disappointingly boring. I'm sometimes a fan of weird hippie-era private press recordings made by actual cults (usually Jesus-y folk or creepy jam / drone stuff), but in his case, he has more pop aspirations, and there's a reason it didn't go anywhere. The songs are cheesy and his voice is like some corny, dated 60s style teen idol bullshit.

Red Snake is easily his best song. Also we can never forget the time The Beach Boys stole lyrics from him.
youtube.com/watch?v=49bxJKLI5d8

He had real potential. He should have kept on instead of getting butthurt that the first person he met didn't want to sign him.

I like his collab with Death Grips

His music is whack. I hate him for he has taken down someone with actual talent (pic related) with him

When will Greg Ginn/SST Records release the Manson album that was supposed to come out in 1984?

I wish that crazy methhead Tex had just stuck with the plan and gotten the fcuking money, so we could have some sweet Charlie Manson symphonic pop albums. But no, that asshole had to stage a fucking massacre.

Anyway, it might have been a blessing in disguise. Lie and the '67 sessions are good stuff but pale in comparison to the genius of Charlie's prison free-folk albums. The Way Of The Wolf and Horsefly especially are incredible and, I hope, will be remembered fondly and cherished for the masterpieces they once mainstream culture will have overcome Bugliosi's nonsense.

Why Air?

Right on!

>Charlie took down Bobby with him
Bobby took himself down. He killed Hinman, he got himself incarcerated. Charlie just wanted to bail him out. Too bad Tex fucked up getting the money.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qMFBqCeAc8

Pretty good.

This is the song that triggered Charlie.

The original version is the BEST version. Fuck Guns n Roses!

>The original version is the BEST version
Yes, the original being the '67 sessions (or All The Way Alive) version.

i love his music

>subtle DG thread

I CLOSE MY EYES AND BEAT IT