Hey Sup Forumsros, just finished putting together my new PC...

Hey Sup Forumsros, just finished putting together my new PC. Sadly it won't connect to my monitor and other than the power button LED being on it doesn't show any signs of being powered on. Anyone got any tips on what i should do? Hoping you fellas are in a good mood to help a Sup Forumsro out

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/NyboF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

So the PC itself powers up? Show pic of inside PC.

Have you checked to make sure the PSU switch is turned on? Check all of your cables, and then check them again. Power it on with the button on your motherboard, and make sure your HDMI cord is plugged into the GPU. Let me know how it goes

Buy a Mac.

make sure your pci-e power (6/8 pin) is plugged into your gpu
also make sure your fans are spinning
if you're using usb mouse/keyboard, after turning on the pc and waiting 10 or so seconds, tap capslock, if it flickers, it probably succeeded in booting into something

Reseat the video card.

Connect your monitor using a VGA cable and make sure the HDMI connection is enabled. If you have an onboard gpu make sure that is bypassed in the video out priorities to make the graphic board the main video out device.
Also check f you have an onboard gpu, connect the monitor to that first to set up your BIOS settings correctly first.
Good luck.

I don't believe so, I don't hear any sort of rumbling or see any sort of functions going on outside of the LED on power button. Gime a sec on pics

Ignore the god awful cable management imgur.com/a/NyboF

There will be a 4 or 8 pin header by the cpu, make sure that one's plugged in.

Make sure you have motherboard standoffs.

If you have the 20/24 atx and the 4/8 cpu power plugged in there's no reason it shouldn't turn on.

Make sure you put the power button on the correct pins.

disconnect and remove everything carefully
pop the battery out of your motherboard for about 10 seconds
reinstall everything carefully, except for your HDD
triple check all your connections
check your connections one more time
make sure your RAM stick is in the correct slot. unless you're using every slot, it matters which one(s) you fill first
re-seat your video cable
attempt boot cycle
with no HDD installed, you should get to a basic BIOS menu after a few seconds
if still no video after about 90 seconds, follow this dude's flow chart if you get a picture with no HDD, but no picture with HDD installed, then something's wrong with that HDD
otherwise, after about 90 seconds with no HDD if there's another problem, you should get an error message to get you pointed in the right direction

You did try pushing the power button on the actual motherboard right? Atrocious cable management btw. I can't tell what the fuck is going on in there

have you tried plugging it in?

they never crash, and they never get viruses

lulz

Can't see anything fucky from the pics.
Follow this

*edit
you'll also want to make sure your GPU is installed on the correct PCIe channel. most newer motherboards have multiple PCIe slots and they should be labeled
in fact, every connection on your motherboard should be labeled
check those labels against where each connection is going

yikes bruv

buy a non-potato computer

It is important which pins go where exactly?

get someone who has put together a computer before to help you

yes, very much so.
most PSU's have the tips of each connection labeled too.
make sure you check all of those.
also, a part list would help a bit if you can post that

>make sure your RAM is in correct slots
to add to this, a lot of boards are set up with RAM slots in dual channel pairs. if you have two sticks that are the same, you should install them in the same colored slots. if you're filling all slots with identical sticks, then it won't matter.

if all slots are the same color, you can probably disregard, but check manual to be sure

*edit
yes it does matter, but usually the tips won't fit if they're not the right one

I suspect vid card tomfoolery

the slots will usually be constructed so that they only fit together easily one way. this also goes for RAM, PCI, SATA, etc, all the way down to little fan pins.

if you're having to force anything into its socket, pull back a sec and visually inspect to make sure it's going in the right way. most stuff should just slide into place unless there's some kind of locking mechanism, and even then it shouldn't take a lot of force to click everything in

I mean in the panel header area (if that's not what you mean) not just any set of pins on the motherboard

pic related

My one PC nerd friend is away for a while unfortunately :\

that's true, but just to be safe he should probably assume that his motherboard requires classic RAM hierarchy

speaking of which, that's another reason to try booting with no HDD
if you can get to the BIOS menu, you'll be able to retrieve a lot more information
especially, if something isn't connected properly, you'll know because that component won't show up in the BIOS menu at all when you look for it

example: I tried to install a really old ATA CD/DVD RW drive in my current PC using a $3 adapter I bought from newegg
after spending an hour trying to boot from a CD, I disconnected the HDD and did a cold boot only to discover that for whatever reason the disc drive was not being detected at all.

same principle can be applied to almost any component that has not been correctly installed

are you fucking serious? get these damn cables off of this CARD! and you wonder why shit isn't working when things are this sloppy? ffs.

yes yes yes those do matter and each pin should be labeled.
let me see if I can get a decent pic of that connector on my motherboard

I'm trying to get stuff working first then disconnecting and rearranging shit, hence why i said don't mind the management.

itt: retards that can't build a pc. probably can't build lego kits either.

the cables should be bundled a little better, sure, but they're insulated so there's no residual static.
cables in contact with other components wouldn't cause OP's issue unless they were frayed

yes, metal pins in the connectors also made out of plasic, hey? you DENSE CUNT?

Not gonna lie, i did struggle a bit in this department :(

to be more specific: the cables or tips of same would have to be frayed, damaged, or otherwise improperly exposed/connected in order to cause this kind of power failure.

Dubss tripss quadss 0-9s random numbers is quite boring and weak like your unpredictable arsehole pics. Kms faggot

The 8 pin connector near the cpu doesn't look right, the clips shouldn't be sticking out when it's placed correctly. Remove that and check the connector on the motherboard for a lip, the clips should be facing the same direction as the lip so they can hold the cables onto the board snugly. There should be some sort of ridge between the 2 halves of that connector as well. make sure those are connected correctly. You don't want those 2 halves to get messed up and put on wrong.

remove all non essential equipment.

And put the ram in the slot closest to the cpu. Check the manual for what ram slot to use for sure, but I've never had a system work 1 stick of ram being in the second slot. Should have at least 2 sticks of ram at the very least imo.

shitty image but that's sorta what it'll look like.
make sure you refer to the manual that came with the motherboard to see which pins should be connected where.
and, again, each pin should be labeled as well, even if it's printed super tiny style on the side of each tip.
if the pins aren't labeled, refer to the manual that came with your computer case, assuming the power/reset buttons/LEDs came pre-installed in to the case.

It would still power even without RAM, just wouldn’t POST.

Also make sure it’s the CPU power cable from the power supply, and not a GPU labeled cable. Some modular PSUs can have similar looking cables, and I have run into that issue specifically.

Reset CMOS (battery on motherboard) make sure your front panel connecters are done properly. If your processor has onboard graphics remove your video card and try plugging into mother board. If you are plugged into mother board plug into video card

gonna emphasize the "check the manuals" mantra here, which is probably the best thing to do
for my board, the manual says to install sticks of ram in the order of "DIMM A2, DIMM B2, DIMM A1, DIMM B1"

most important takeway: not all parts are created equally

Also OP you need to make sure your CPU fan is connected. And i see you have AMD they can sometimes take a few minutes on thr first boot

Oh fuck it worked.. Thanks Sup Forumsros, i may be a retard but now i'm a retard with a PC

check all your cables really well i built my computer and didnt plug one of the connectors in all the way and i thought it was fried for a sec