youtube.com/watch?v=meVRpdEQ8zk
youtube.com/watch?v=1KBORE0h79s
clyp.it/ub5uln01
clyp.it/pdozzx22
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name a cuter fat guitarist.

youtube.com/watch?v=meVRpdEQ8zk

Go Gibson™ or go home.

I recorded another Caline CP-12 Pure Sky Overdrive ($30 Timmy clone) demo today. Best overdrive pedal I've ever owned. I cannot believe I got this shit for $30. 5000x better than a Tube Screamer.

youtube.com/watch?v=1KBORE0h79s

he deleted it

I'm scheduling a meeting with a guitar teacher at my uni. What should I expect? What should I ask?

I've been playing for 10-11 months now and he's a jazz teacher mostly.

is there fun to exposing deleted posts?

ask for cock

of course :-)

>What should I ask?
tell him your goals and ask for practice goals

Definitely asking fro practice goals. I think a goal I'll mention to him is that I want to play with other musicians and be able to play gigs. Is that a realistic goal to mention on the first meeting?

sounds pointless to me desu
it's something he probably won't be able to help you with

That's the best possible goal. Play as much with other people as you possibly can once you reach it. It's the most fun you'll have in your life.

do you want to get into jazz?

who do i trust

I know my playing is shit but what do you guys think of this?

clyp.it/ub5uln01

Gonna get pic-related for my Epiphone Les Paul, they look way better than the kidney bean ones that came with it
Just dropped by to say that

Yes. I want to get into every genre possible. I've already picked up some jazz stuff the past few weeks.

shit

I appreciate your feedback.

the goal is ok, but what do you want him to do about it? how can he help you achieve it?

got recs? been listening to lage and kreisberg lately, on the recommendation of jazzguitaranon, but don't know much about jazz guitarists

Always practice with a metronome.

So what kind of goals should I be looking at? More short term stuff?

Kurt Rosenwinkel - East Coast Love Affair

>he deleted it
lmao, of course he did.

It's hard to believe anyone could be that fucking dumb yet here we are... being highly entertained by the profound dumbassery.

you misunderstand me, the goal is fine, go look for people to play with, but take advantage of this time to discuss things that the guy will be able to help you with - state your primary goal and ask what you should work on

thanks for the rec, i've listened to some of kurt's work

>gold hardware
vomit

>Epiphone
Don't put any more money into this brand. It's a journey. Not a destination. (Sounded good in my head.) Buy strings when you have to. Save the rest for a better guitar and/or amp.

I own this one so it already has gold hardware to begin with
I only have a year playing, it works for me. Thanks for the advice though :-)

alright I think I've shitposted enough for one day

nite nite guhtards

The thing about Epiphones, Squiers, etc., is that there's great ones and there's shit ones. You need to play them to find out. Play enough of them in stores and eventually you'll find a great one, and it'll be a great deal.

nah chinkshit epiphones are all fucking garbage

>(You)

buying chinese guitars is a win for communism. do not support communism.

wtf
i love communism now

>implying china is actually communist
bear with me. I'm imagining being retarded enough to pay 250% more on average for a guitar that's a piece of shit so I'm really just paying for a shitty guitar with "Made in USA" stamped on the headstock.

rec chinese electric guitar manufacturers
i like eastman for acoustic

True. Better buy Indonesian guitar

>mfw the Poorfa/gg/ Bri/gg/ade™ is crying about money again

Your lil' fee fees don't get rekt when money's no object, children.

post gary moore songs beyond the memes

ok

What guitar cables do you lads use? I'm usually using the Planet Waves right angled ones but I feel like they break a lot

>cables
goddamn dumbass bedroom warriors I swear

Cool it with the autism, friend

my gibson cost $3k. score one for the good guys.

these are both correct

>People still think made in USA is synomymous with quality and doesn't realize that USA made instruments gets BTFO by Japan
What year is it?

Takamine are inferior Martin clones.

not sure if stupid question

can you replace a kahler with any other kahler model? or does it have to be a specific one

les pauls are not guitars, they're furniture

clyp.it/pdozzx22

I'm trying to add up strums naturally without overthinking it to give a less 'beginner' sound and better rhythm. Am I doing it right? Just finding my feet at the start of the clip.

I don't normally play with a pick, first time in three months (have been learning for four), so volume control is something I am struggling with a lot. Any tips? This is the thinnest pick you can buy (.38mm) so it's definitely my playing that is at fault.

hard pick or soft pick

Nylon. Quite flexible so soft I guess?

herco 75

hard dick :з

literally practice strumming with a steady dynamic/intensity
to a metronome
also strumming with varying time divisions and trying to strum widely and loosen up is cool also

i got one

take it out, let's see c:

m || f

F, 19, Sweden

male, 27, handsome

hey you're not me, piss off sweden

Perfect. I got 17 cm.

Damn you, we could have got the moron banned.

I didn't want to get him banned, I wanted to play with his dick c:

sdf

only wall I have between my roommates and me is two big shelves with boxes on them

roommates get upset when they hear my unplugged electric guitar

what do

kill him

Plug it boi

Should I replace the pickup covers/knobs on my Jazzmaster?

It's a blue CIJ that looks exactly like this one, with white pickguard vs. off-white electronics. Last owner didn't do a super good job of taking care of it so the pickguard and knobs are kind of dirty and scratched up. Definitely going to replace the pickguard and was thinking of replacing the covers while I'm at it, but I dunno if pure white all the way through would look better or worse than the white/off-white combo it has now.

Thoughts?

Need help in upgrading my sound...

Right now my pedalboard is Epip SG G-400 -> Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz -> Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah

Looking for a good pedal combo to compliment the FZ-2 sound.

> playing electric and acoustic guitar for 15 years (but probably at the level of someone who's been playing for 3 and actually practices)
> get a classical guitar
> can't even play basic shit well because it turns out my barre chords aren't as good as they should be

It's nice to get into a new style of playing but I thought I'd be better desu

thicc picc

Did anyone else seriously struggle with alternate bass picking at first? My accuracy goes to shit the second I change chords, I practice it quite frequently but I just don't seem to be getting better.

Hard, changing from orange/yellow/green Dunlop Tortex to Jazz III's changed my life

all white would look cleaner and polished but creme pots and pups look cool
pls post a pic of your actual jmaster

what is alternate bass picking

Try the Jazztone 205s. I switched to them from the Jazz IIIs.

I don't feel like justinguitar is helping me that much any alternatives?

This shit. I pick with the rounded corners, not the pointy part.

Get private lessons.

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars
>"Finger" style

O I am laffin

My barista this morning was a dead ringer for Frank Zappa. I was going to ask him for a Cuppa Joe's Garage.

>hard pick
Carbon Fiber Jazz III with maxi grip.

>roommates
That sux. Turn on tv and play thru earphones? Move out if you can't get your playing in. Let's see them make the rent without you!

Black knob and covers with pearloid guard. It will look better than pic related because you have the rosewood board. (I just noticed the selector on a JM is stupid low.)

Whats the deal with fret board oils and elixirs and shit. Are they in anyway worth the money?

If your fretboard is dry (lack of play) or filthy then yes, but you really shouldn't use lemon oil more than once or twice a year when necessary.

I have the feeling that I just can't express myself with my current instrument. I'll have to find a luthier that'll build me a 7-string bass with partial fretting (3 highest strings fretted, 4 lowest strings fretless) with frets that have a smooth transition from jumbo on the highest to tiny on the lower string which then turns into a strip of metal as fret markers on the fretless side. Multiscale/fanned frets with slanted pickups (Humbucker Singlecoil Humbucker with a piezo in the bridge, coil split and seriell parallel for the Humbuckers, separate pot for each pickup), active electronics with a graphical 9-band EQ on the bass, hollowbody, headless, with a variable fingerboard radius that becomes round enough close to the bridge that you can use a bow on it. Rarewood top on an ash body with a 13-piece neck.
I have about 13,000$ available for this, do you guys know a luthier who is up for the job?

Pic related
Not the clearest photo but this is from a couple weeks ago.
Also thinking about switching out the bridge to a Staytrem bc it's got a bunch of issues and I've heard great things about it but people have also told me buzzstop will solve the same issues for way less money

Interesting. Yeah I hadn't thought about that combination but I guess as long as I'm replacing them I can really pick whatever colors I want
Is there like a part picker or some shit online where I can see what the colors look like?

Thanks, I'm trying to make sure I maintain my new guitar properly, but don't want to get meme'd in buying some shit I don't need

No probs. Be careful about polish products too, these can wreck a guitar's finish, particularly using wax on a satin finish like my guitar. A damp cloth with water is enough for this kind of finish.

Cool, thanks again, and nice guitar

My guitar sounds awesome with light phosphor bronze strings. Is there any point still experimenting with other types?

>part picker
Maybe try to luck out on Google Images.

If you already like the strings you're playing, no point in switching them out. Personally I only ever consider swapping out strings after a good deal of research figuring out exactly what they sound like and play like

80/20 are a bit brighter if you like a sparkly tone

I'm right there with you, pal. Just picked up a classical guitar for playing fingerstyle jazz.
The only problem is, I always play with a slide so I have bitch fingers on my left hand.

Thanks user, will do. I switched to silk and steel for a bit and after a few days hey sounded terrible.

ALL THESE ACOUSTIKEKS POSTIN' IN MY /gg/

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that it was electric guitar general.

>Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that it was electric guitar general.

you could've gotten an instrument of equal or better quality for a third of that

>samefag