Any better strategic game than Europa universalis IV?

Any better strategic game than Europa universalis IV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lkv6ncVKAlE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Operational Art of War IV ?

Just started playing it (barely 100 hours) any tips for beginners?

Hearts of Iron 4

Victoria 2. Made by the same company.

seid meiers civ 5+6

lolno

Victoria 2 or Crusader Kings 2. EU is terrible. CK is great if you can afford the 50 expansions

Dota 2

kerbal space program

HOI3 with BICE

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

get Meiou&Taxes

Stellaris is fun

only with 50+ mods

also fuck paradox for not making dynamic UI shit forcing you to use fucking compatability patches if you for example more than 1 tradition mods

also authoritarian with caste system and multiple races is fucking impossible to play properly because the (residence) caste still lets them join factions and give -90% happiness and you still need a fucking mod to fix core worlds policy to allow non-founding species caste slaves to stay

but at least the new reworked fleet management, border mechanics and travel stuff looks good

Yeah, at least there's mods to fix it though. I mean really, who would be happy working on your home planet as a slave for aliens at the lowest tier of their caste system? I don't blame them for being a bit butthurt about working a shitty powerplant while they starve and see everyone their species dwindle into extinction... Would suck.

Watch the aggressive expansion and overextension.

they already have negative happiness from being a slave, and the fact you have no fucking control as Authoritarian to stop alien pops from joining factions is fucking dumb, and PDX's excuse was that "lmao underground factions so they just get 1/3 the voting strength" is fucking retarded

Just purge em

that's the fucking point you dumb nigger, i dont want to be forced to play a fucking xenophobe purge because PDX are too fucking lazy to make multi-species authoritarian with caste system viable

i want to be able to gene edit and make farmers and miners n shit, not just fucking purge.

limiting gameplay options is stupid

Amazed nobody said Victoria 2 yet

tetris

>being this blind

Eh, I feel meiou&taxes lately became really uncomfortable to play but maybe it's just because I only play in the HRE.

Dominions series

meiou and taxes is not good for a beginner (and not good at all) in my opinion. The depth it adds is not supported by the game around it. If the base game gets stale, leave it on the shelf for a few weeks. I say this as someone with 1900 hours in the game.

Total war/ Rome II and Atila

Dungeons II.

I'm highly anticipating the upcoming update + expansion. Removal of border range mechanic and the addition of starbases should liven up the game a lot.

Those three and you will never need another strategy game...

Agreed. Lazy money hungry developers.

vanilla map is garbage

M.A.X. : Mechanized Assault & Exploration

Had it in the same box as Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

>The depth it adds is not supported by the game around it.

The major features of the mod are entirely new systems not present in the base game : population, church authority, court, education. Building costs scale exponentially with the amount of buildings in a province. It isn't surprising the AI can't play the mod properly.

breh that's just fucking simple match running in the background it's not new "mechanics" like you seem to imply

Interesting that you quoted a word I didn't say in my post.

Crusader Kings 2.

because i didnt use them to quote you, retard, it was to show that your dumb fucking wording of "systems" and "features" is just fucking background scripts running some algorithms and not real game mechanics, they just renamed the fucking development system you dumb nigger

Population is a renaming of the development system? Have you played vanilla EU4?

>same fucking place as all vanilla development shit
>"durr have u even played vanilla?"
fuck off and read the dev posts on the forum for the population shit, retard, it's the development shit just renamed and disabled manual control with a background script

Just.
Gruntz

Never played Eu4 (Poorfag) but i fucking love Civ V

just fucking pirate it, it doesnt have any DRM and you can get all the DLC and even mods from cs rin ru

I have CK 2 that way but I can't get any of the expansions to work.

because you're not using CreamAPI

Checkers is a classic!

Chess

Yeah I never even heard of that. I'll google it.

Beats the shit out of paying over $200 for it all.

it's in the crack download in first post on csrinru thread for the game

play as France? Why? Play as a small nation.

crusader kings ii and all expansions

I've never been to csrinru either. I don't remember where I got this russian hacked copy of the game+expansions actually. It was a few years ago and I could never get the expansions to unlock

Mega-lo-Mania for the Sega Mega Drive

Complete strategy newfag here: My mate plays CIV nearly 24/7. I wnnaa gift him something for his birthday. Which of these is the closest / would he likely like the most?

u can even get the (almost) latest patches there. greatest place for steam games.

Tyrants! I remember that shit game and the retarded voices. youtube.com/watch?v=Lkv6ncVKAlE

Didn't know it had two titles. Mine is Tyrants!

Yeah it was Tyrants in the US and Mega-lo-Mania everywhere else

HUH NO

HOI 4 + Blackice that shit is so hard to stop playing once you have started

Si si why not

freeciv
ayyy

which CIV?

eador, age of wonders 3 or endless legends
you'll not go worng with any of those

Hearts of iron III is better IMO.
HOI4 is too dumbed down. But it's okay with black ice mod.

This.
I'm playing as US
I have a huge navy and decent sized army and air forces. Only Japan is problem for my navy.
It's 1943 and Soviet Union has capitulated despite my huge land-lease. Fuck them.
Now I have to deal with Nazi super-reich

wait and in three years of DLC it'll be too complex for anyone to learn.

Paradox games are the sort of games that you need to play from launch to understand 3 years and 200 dollars of DLC later

Not buying a single DLC from that company.
They're releasing unfinished games and earning money from DLC which includes features that should be in base game

Oh I love their games and buy most of the DLC for EUIV and Stellaris, not so much for CKII or HOI4

Stellaris is basically importing the mechanics from EUIV, which isn't so bad but it makes me feel like "yeah, you could have done this from the start, these aren't new ideas"

Richfag?

I wouldn't say rich, but able to afford a 20-25 dollar DLC everything 3 to 4 months? yeah

I'm surprised nobody mentioned GTA V

Street Fighter

AGREED

CK II and all 63 expansions is £221, pleb

>63 expansions
it's not even half that and the rest are eye-candy content DLC, you dumb fuck.

>CK II and all 63 expansions is £221, pleb
>63 expansions
>expansions

Kids think charging money for every new polygon is an expansion. They don't even remember what an expansion really is. Feeling old yet?

World in Conflict is the best RTS/Story ever

Go update your ambition to "lose virginity", faggot

>Any better strategic game than Europa universalis IV?
>IV

I can think of at least three.

Risk

>gets told
>no rebuttal
>goes on to ad-hominem virgin memes

>paying for Paradox DLC
Nigga just buy the base game and pirate the rest. I normally pay for all my shit but they abuse the DLC thing.

Stellaris is the foundation of an amazing space 4X but a foundation is all it is at this point. Last I checked it's still far from complete.

I'm fairly experienced at CK2 but haven't started EU4 yet. Any newfag pointers, including good starts?

Anyone here ever played Rimworld or Factorio? I want to get one of them but don’t know which is better.

next expansion early next year seems really good tee bee eytch

factorio is autism factory process simulator.
rimworld is colony management.

I haven't looked at it yet but I will. I wholeheartedly hope you're right.

if you are a noob, you can start as France or Kebab, and paint europe easely. Spain, England, Sweden, Venice or Teutonic Order are good, easy, starting points. Avoid HRE mayors (Bohemia and Austria), they are deceptively intrincate. Other easy, non european nations, are Vijayanagar, Japan states and China are super fun, Morocco or Tunis are also interesting, also Timurids. Avoid America, Indonesia or minors that aren't european

If you have some balls, start as Albania, Wallaquia, Serbia, Navarra, Nejd, Tibet, Chimu (or any american nation really), Mali (or any major subsaharian nation) or Malacca (or any indonesian nation with comercial options, Dai Nam or Ceilan are other options)

Enjoy

Yeah it’s called chess dumbass

Fuck that. I'm not getting a PhD just to learn how to dock and adjust vectors. Tutorials were shit for a game with a very steep learning curve.
A challenge is fun when it's difficult but you have clear instructions and tools on how to address it.

Lots of options here, thanks m8!

what's that game about?

physics student here, about to complete a master in astrophysics

well, then I'll ask you the same thing, as I'm about to initiate myself into CK2

recommend me good starting characters, but I'm very experienced with paradox. I would also like a mention of the hardest characters/nations

thanks

I think OP probably knows what chess is and was looking for something new, dude.

You know what? You'll enjoy it. It's called Kerbal Space Program, I am certain you've seen stills from before.

I swear to you, I haven't heard it

is it good? is it worth it? I'm looking for a game with a LOT of depth

You basically run your own NASA, and pilot the rockets, satellites, ships, and stations further and further into the solar system. It's probably on sale now on Steam.

Pic related. Best game ever.