I was expecting Blondie to be more punk sounding after seeing pictures of Debbie Harry...

I was expecting Blondie to be more punk sounding after seeing pictures of Debbie Harry. Was I wrong with in my assumption?

Quite possibly the biggest poser in human history

she was a playbunny you mongoloid

And?

People accused them of selling out with Heart of Glass but most of their discography was garbage pop music, they had nothing to do with punk but are associated with the American misinterpretation of punk since I believe they performed at CBGB's

you're only proving my point that you're a dunce

>American misinterpretation of punk
lol eat shit. punk started in the USA and everyone knows it

>garbage
Sunday girl is top tier pop

This
>stooges
>MC5
>new york dolls (the band that heavily influenced the sex pistols)
>the heartbreakers
>Ramones
bongs btfo

Sonics, too.

blondie is a good band deal with it loser

I love Blondies look so much.

fpbp

while i agree that labeling blondie as 'punk' is a misnomer youd have to be batshit crazy to assert that brits started punk

in Please Kill Me, one of the Ramones (johnny i think?) even talks about how when they saw some of the upcoming british punk acts (namely, The Clash), they simply didn't get what it was about, they just tried to look hard and treated it like a trend or style

the ramones "punk" is really soft

they're still more authentic than british punk by predating and helping spearheading punk, though in their case more in spirit than sound.
marky was self-prostituting, they all had drug issues, joey was bouncing in and out of an institution. they lived more shit than most of their contemporaries

dee dee, not marky. my bad

I know how you feel.
The first Blondie record I owned was the X Offender/In The Sun 45, and was very disappointed. It sounded like 60s girl groups like The Ronettes, Shangra Las, The Angels, etc.

They did have some good songs though, when I decided to delve deeper into their music and actually bought their albums, though. Not quite "Punk" but close enough to it, that I can understand why many people would consider them punk, even though the band themselves didn't consider themselves a punk band.

First of all, I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for this, but if one is talking about "Punk", especially the early days of what was happening on the Lower East Side of New York City, especially at places like CBGBs then, yes, Blondie deserved to be put in the punk category along with the likes of the early Ramones, and The Dictators, and even, to a lesser extent, Patti Smith.

That scene was a scene that was trying to recapture what made rock and roll so great in the 1960s. Blondie, as I said earlier was focusing on the sound of early 60s girl groups, while The Ramones and The Dictators were basic throwbacks to Garage Rock, Surf Music, and, in some cases British Invasion, while Patti Smith tried to be the female reincarnation of Jim Morrison. Sometimes hit, sometimes miss.

Basically America invented punk, for the mere fact that America invented Rock and Roll.

In fact it was LENNY KAYE of The Patti Smith Group who actually came up with the term "Punk Rock".

This term would first appear on the liner notes of the "Nuggets" compilation, which was nothing but 60s American garage rock and one hit wonders. (And two years before The Patti Smith Group would release anything)

How have you never heard The Tide Is High or Heart Of Glass before listening to their albums

Blonde is fucking awesome. I'm a fat balding man from Scotland but Atomic makes me feel like a glamorous blonde model preparing for a night on the town.

You just described how wrong you were in your assumption, so why the fuck are you asking us?

>As much as I love Blondie, an entire world of Blondies wouldn't be much fun, in fact it might lead to nearly as much of a backlash against New Wave as has happened with disco. Refreshing though he may be, whether Tom Petty has anything to actually say, any reason to rock out beyond the sheer need of doing so remains yet to be seen. I like Tom Petty, but an entire world of Tom Pettys would mean that Johnny Rotten died in vain.

>That scene was a scene that was trying to recapture what made rock and roll so great in the 1960s. Blondie, as I said earlier was focusing on the sound of early 60s girl groups, while The Ramones and The Dictators were basic throwbacks to Garage Rock, Surf Music, and, in some cases British Invasion, while Patti Smith tried to be the female reincarnation of Jim Morrison. Sometimes hit, sometimes miss.
Of course it was nostalgia to a large extent just as Guns'N'Roses and some of their peers were trying to recreate 70s AOR.

Do you have any idea how r*ddit you sound? Sort yourself out.

Tom Petty was the same thing, he was trying to recreate 60s pop rock.