Need advice Sup Forumsros:

Need advice Sup Forumsros:

I'm a surgical resident in NYC. I'm known around work for making a lot of jokes, some dirty, some not, a lot of "that's what she said", etc. I've NEVER suggested sex, used my position to solicit sex, or inappropriately touched anyone.

Apparently, someone complained to HR, I've been placed on paid administrative leave for 3 days, and an investigation will commence, likely tomorrow. I don't know what the investigation will entail, or how long it will take.

I've never once received a formal warning from HR or the hospital.

Honestly: what is the likelihood that I'm going to be fired? I don't care for suspension or sensitivity training. I ONLY care about not losing my job.

Thanks

medfag here, i wouldnt sweat it if you havent done anything wrong OP.

do you know what the complaint is about?

Honestly between the SJW movement, #metoo, and all this other nonsense going on -- shit is so fucked right now, nobody on Sup Forums is going to know.

I've worked at places where it was super sexist. I've worked at places where it's hypersensitive. My friend got charges pressed on him for telling a joke at college while he was an RA. I've seen people get warnings. I've seen people get slaps on the wrist.

It's stupid.

One of my interns I think complained that I kept asking her how her date the night before was, I may have asked her in jest if she got laid.

If that's all you're not gonna get fired. Slap on the wrist if some SJW got offended by an "that's what she said"-joke, at the most. Seems odd that it would even go to HR for that alone... Sure there's not anything else you've done/said?

See

That I can see going to HR (still silly imo). Not enough to fired tho. No chance.

My biggest fear is that I'm forgetting something (I've DEFINITELY never touched anyone, or solicited), or that there are so many jokes and innuendo floating around (principle of quantity over quality), or that someone is going to chalk it up to "he solicited me".

he summed up what i was going to say.

>I've DEFINITELY never touched anyone, or solicited
If you're sure about that, I wouldn't sweat it. Unless there are multiple complaints against you, from multiple people.

They are probably just gonna tell you that is inappropriate to ask or talk about, worst case suspend you a couple of days and tell you not to do it again and move on.

But did she get laid or nah?

Asking the important questions.

But yes, this is correct. As a former HR case worker I can't imagine ever giving more than a warning for something like this. Especially if you've not shown yourself to be persistently invasive or inappropriate.

Just pray that they don't make you go through some "sensitively training" or some bullshit like that. Real thing today in many HR departments...

Wouldn't I have to been approached by HR in the past if there were multiple complaints by multiple people?

Like, why would they gather 100 complaints in 1.5 years, then bring it up now?

Not always right off the bat. It's minor complaints they could keep it on file. Notice a pattern if it continues with you, and take action.

if it's*

>Honestly: what is the likelihood that I'm going to be fired? I don't care for suspension or sensitivity training. I ONLY care about not losing my job.
Even if you don't get fired, would you still want to work there, knowing that anyone, at any time, could make a complaint against you and get you fired?

I'd do some research on other hospitals that need surgical residents, finish out your residency at one of those hospitals and move to another area where your expertise is valued more than your color commentary.

It was manish.... you know who I'm talking about. Indian fuck

A lot of these incidents don't warrant action unless it starts to show a pattern of inappropriate behaviour.

It's particularly hard to validate individual complaints, but if a theme arises it's worth investigating.

Are you Bill Cosby?

And would that action be termination? Keep in mind, again, NEVER touched or groped or solicited

how many more years do you have left? honestly its easier to keep your head down and get through it. Once done gtf out of there

I'd advise you to stop trying to be funny when you're clearly not.

No sure about your problem but show more of that ass!

So.... he shouldn't work anywhere?

Because that's literally everywhere you'd go.

I doubt it. I would definitely try to shake that image of making a lot of jokes.

You can be well liked and known for well timed, appropriate humour. It sounds like you know yourself that your humour is often inappropriate for the workplace.

Bottom line: Am i getting fired? I'm SO scared, I can't even tell you

If you are a valuable asset, you won't get canned. If you are easily replaced, you're fucked.

People are usually pretty selfish about their employment, so when they fuck up they get fired. If you invest your efforts into a job and become more valuable than you are a cost, you will likely get away with a few slip ups here and there. If you become a prime asset to a company, they will fight to keep you even if it means bad PR.

Personally, since getting canned from a shitty mom and pop business years back, I have changed my focus and now I am making twice what I was and enjoying being among the higher level management.

Anyone can succeed, they just have to pull their head out of their ass and stick it up someone else's.

Yes, likely

They would most likely give you warning before anything, but if it's a lot of complaints against you, regardless of no touching and solicitation. Sure, they could terminate you. Again tho, if this if the first time you hear from them, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks, man

No dipshit, that's not enough to fire you .

Yes, this is the first time I've heard from HR.

deny everything 100% when it comes to HR bullshit

depends entirely on your HR but their job is to be impartial and get all the facts

I was accused by some crazy nigger coworker of sexually harassing her. Cameras showed I didn't and security told me to relax and that they weren't there to persecute me but to get both sides of that story

that nigger cost me all my vacation hours and I was unable to afford to go on trips I had planned, which pissed me off hard. I couldnt be in the same office as her while the vacation was going on

later on she got fired for unrelated reasons. That nigger showed to work on coke and on alcohol and passed out at her desk. She also constantly threatened to sue because they wouldnt let her cellphone out during work. Her legal claim was that she was being discriminated against cause other coworkers would be allowed to use their phones but they used it for 2 minutes at a time. She was on it all the fucking time.

fuck niggers

Plenty of places will brush off minor things but take action against all of it once it has become a pattern. While they should be nice and issue a warning, they don't have to. You agreed to a code of ethics and you broke that. Deal with the fallout and get back into it next year. Just don't fuck up again.

while the investigation was going on*

Then relax, mate! It's gonna be shitty having that shit hanging over you from now on, but you're fine. Needless to say, drop all the jokes from now on.

Thanks for using my wife as the picture for thread

I was once fired for asking if Usher hit on them.

You can be fired for anything g but if you have ADHD (you do) they can't fire you for making a sexual joke if you have informed them as it is a symptom of ADHD

Nothing will happen long term. They are doing their diligence as an employer to log the event. They will have to.

Worst case, you and the accuser will both sign a document which will be draw up and will contain a reasonable and short description of events and will also include yours. Its really all about 'feelings' and 'perception' of the individual but not intent. Your intent does not matter as the first person to bitch has the upper hand. The document won't really carry a lot of weight and wont affect your career at this point unless you get #metoo'ed by a bunch of other cunts. which is unlikely.

The measure to any complaint like this from a legal perspective is would a "reasonable person" take the comment the same way. Thats subjective but I think there are plenty of people out there that aren't retarded.

I was drug through the sane BS at work. An employee that is our lead accountant and at the time a friend was being a complete bitch during the launch of a new software product. There were a few billing bugs in the software that she didnt communicate effectively and blew off my attempts at finding out if there were issues and what they were and out if tge fucking blue she fucking sent out some snarky shit.

I told her via email that if she couldn't be part of the testing and rollout to let me know who can and I will deal with them so she doesn't have to worry about it. I was basically saying 'hey, you're complaining and since there are issues and Im such a pita that you cant work with me, please let me know who would in the accounting staff' i was giving her an out.

She filed a complaint because she said it was sexist because I wouldn't have said that if she was male. Fucking bullshit. I have taken male co workers to the table many times and in a much more direct fashion.

regional market admin manager here. around these parts, we can't fire you for a single offense unless you fucking murdered someone or something. you need 3 write-ups on your file before we can even begin termination discussion. ymmv.

Even if it's like 1,000 jokes?

Unless HR has catalogued all of your jokes or has a huge list of them from your complainant, it'll be fine. At worst you'll get a warning telling you to clean up your act and stop making jokes that you know are offensive or causing discomfort.

You're clearly well aware that your jokes are over the line, if you think they'd have more than handful to complain about, so I suggest you make your New Years' resolution to cut the shit out and act more professionally.

It's actually their fault. If they do fire you you can take them to court for intentionally building up small things you did without telling you that those small things are not acceptable. It's like they just wanted to fire you and used this as an excuse and purposely didn't inform you to stop doing that shit.

I'm not a lawyer but I really doubt they'd be able to get away with it, since it's their fucking fault for not telling you to cut it out. How were you supposed to know it was inappropriate?

You're actually the victim here "Oh Mr.judge, I try to keep the workplace happy and friendly with jokes, and I was shocked that an individual felt bad about my jokes! I'd have stopped saying them but this person never told me! I feel awful, but why didn't she say anything? Why didn't HR say anything?"

You're in the right, you have nothing to fear.

It doesn't matter even if it's a million jokes. They never told him about it so he just kept making jokes, sexist or not. If someone disliked them they could've just been professional and told him, instead of going behind his back and being a fucking scumbag and try to get him fired.

Gosh. It is amazing to me that some oversensitive types totally misinterprete innocent jokes and such which aren't meant to be offensive.

This shit, right here, is why I stopped hiring women. The young ones are way too damn sensitive.

Gen X girl would just smack you in the face for crossing the line. Now everyone cries to an authority figure for everything.

You sound like a piece of shit.
Do you think you will ever grow up?

This

This is exactly why I am self employed and will never ever be a employee. Fuck slave life, I am not retarded.

I work with the public every day and Ive got to be very careful with what and how I speak to them. Yet there's any amount of people who talk to me like shit, also women are by far and away more likely to speak in a sexual context than men. It seems there's always one over sensitive millennial cunt who will always complain about something