Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rYX7JdY1I7g
youtube.com/watch?v=cvEjWYx66zE
youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
youtube.com/watch?v=ehNGoyMf9kU
youtube.com/watch?v=ygIK7HzFPCY
youtube.com/watch?v=81NxbAUi5-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bohren und der club of gore for that Twin Peaks vibe.

youtube.com/watch?v=rYX7JdY1I7g

The idea of the wives of two famous black metal musicians collaborating on a project is pretty cringe inducing- various Yoko/Spinal Tap things come to mind, and I was expecting the story of Aghast to be something you'd find in a crappy, Raymond-esque TV comedy- two wives try to do something their husbands are good at, fail miserably but the husbands are guilted into supporting it, comedic hijinks follow- but lo and behold, this is actually a pretty effective piece of dark ambient.

I guess a quick summary of this album is "ghostly voices with heaps of delay" which wouldn't be terribly inaccurate- but nonetheless this whole thing is a very ethereal, minimalist and sinister bit of work. Everything is quiet and indistinct- voices and shimmering, pure tones floating around that are just a little bit too abstracted and processed to make out. Quite an enigmatic sound- everything has been smeared and obscured, so you're never able to make sense of the voices or the sounds that are made. It sounds like someone got a low quality tape recorder and threw it into the void for 36 or so minutes.

Still, dark ambient is one of the few genres where you could argue that the atmosphere is the most important thing, and damn, it's been executed perfectly here. Very occultish, heaps of disembodied spirits floating around just out of earshot, while the magicians cast their circles of protection, chant their spells and do their rituals- it's not the most original sound or inspiration for a dark ambient band to pursue but it's done really well here.

...And that's pretty much it. Ghostly voices, otherworldly tones combining together to form something very atmospheric and chilling. It's not particularly complex, this stuff, but that doesn't really matter as it's extremely effective in it's delivery. Not recommended for people with ADD as it's, well, quiet and ghostly for the most part. Fans of slow, sinister and enigmatic tunes will love this, though.

Dirty Beaches

did you take this? nice shot

Yellow house by grizzly bear and the twin peaks soundtrack

flying sausage attack

Thanks, everyone.
That was pretty insightful and interesting. Giving it a try right away.
Utopianisti II + Utopianisti meets Black Motor & Jon Ballantyne
Yeah, thanks. It's the view from my bedroom.

The Flashbulb - Kirlian Selections

Ben Frost - By the Throat.

Hood - The Cycle Of Days And Seasons
Threnody for he victims of Hiroshima
Movie Magick - s/t

Saor - Aura

Aphex Twins - Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2

Neon Golden - Stay Gold

Chris Bathgate - Dizzy Seas

Stars of the Lid - The Tired Sounds of

nouns - still bummed

Mount Eerie - Wind's Poem

Bowery Electric - Lushlife

Now that is flat chested. (Unless it is a guy)

The Residents: Meet The Residents
The Residents: Not Available

it's not a guy

i'm into mosquito bites for some reason

pls

thought about this instrumental right away
youtube.com/watch?v=cvEjWYx66zE

but this is more fitting
youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
I'd like a more fitting album than this as well

jesus fuck i love both of those so much

can i post a pic of my obsession?