How the fuck am I supposed to get my followers up on soundcloud? My music isn't shit...

how the fuck am I supposed to get my followers up on soundcloud? My music isn't shit, I just don't have anywhere I can efficiently promote my shit out to. I send it to most rappers but they're brain dead as fuck and lazy, they don't ever end up doing anything with it and other producers who aren't as good as me have a bigger following and charge to work with them. I'm not wasting my time or money doing that shit but there has to be something I'm not already doing, or doing enough of.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/benzo-mixed-by-nathan-original
soundcloud.com/goon_beats
soundcloud.com/threethirtythreewish/time-spiral-prod-crouchgod
soundcloud.com/goron09/cousteaus-horns-below
m.soundcloud.com/slumbercitys
soundcloud.com/wavepoolofficial/wac-rad-wavepool-remix
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/benzo-mixed-by-nathan-original
soundcloud.com/lashawnlyrical/2am
youtu.be/fm3cof17Wbo
soundcloud.com/levoix/remnant
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yo could u send me a beat?? id be down to rap over it

>My music isn't shit,
this is like calling yourself a respectable person; it's not your place to lay compliments at your feet, it is your place to be humble and have praise heaped upon you if you're truly good.

Link up

m.soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/benzo-mixed-by-nathan-original

I just posted one that's pretty fucking good, check my stuff. Lmk which beat you want and I'll send you it soundcloud.com/goon_beats

I have worked very hard for a long time to be as critical about my music as I can be. After enough time I've gotten a better understanding of what's good and what sounds good so while I see what you're saying it does not invalidate my opinion of my own work lol

followed

>literally one loop with lame raps
>music
pick one

At least you people are humble enough to call yourselves "producers".

My beats aren't just one loop though. You can listen to them quite nicely on their own as a full song but they're all intended to have a rapper on it

Music on a shitty image board. Kek.

m8 if you would sit there and listen to that beat on a loop then you have absolutely terrible taste lol

theres shit delivery on the vocals, i get that it comes with the genre (which is legit fucking trash) but jesus christ there is a tempo and a rhythm your niggas are just fucking shiiiiiit

you got some bell and chime loop agwan in some arpeggio with generic kick and snare

how do you expect to blow when you are just making the same song as everyone else, just very repetetively and poorly lol

fuck man those rappers are so bad

That one you just posted is good, but you may not be getting attention from strangers because you're too generic.

This genre is so saturated you gotta stand out.

Maybe put some vocal samples to hook ppl

>music
>rappers

yeah, your "music" is shit and you should feel bad

Which song are you even talking about lol?

k

listen to my garbage song lol

soundcloud.com/threethirtythreewish/time-spiral-prod-crouchgod

tbh that was aimed at but i just listened to your goon beats shit

so GXXN and wisp are the same songs, right? or the same sample? translucent is easily the most listenable but still sounds exactly the fucking same lol

as im typing this i checked all of those mixtapes out and other than insanity i may aswell have been clicking through one song, do you ever even think about deviating from this shitty formula u got going on where you use terrible drum samples over chimes? that other nigger i was replying to was on another level to you and that was still badly produced generic trash.

on your drum bus split the bands into the sub harmonics, lower mids, higher mids and brilliance. push your higher mids up, this will help your drums cut through the mix, right now they are entirely underneath the mix and they should be your rhythm section, therefore POPPING. also parralell them with a distorted version, pull the fader up to taste, if you already have done this then uve done it wrong

mate your tunes all sound exactly the same and that sameness is pretty bad

im tempted to tell you to use more groove and swing as well just for the meymey

w/e ur shit is trash fam its p funny cuz you say what song am i talking about and without listening my comment was apt kek

this is clearly not a very musical place

Where's your music at bruh? Talking like you know it all but let's hear it

My shitty SoundCloud with my mixtapes on it has more views than yours and followers and i don’t know much beyond basic mixing.
Your talent means nothing and your beats just sound generic, if it was labeled “My first trap beat” on fruity loops I wouldn’t be surprised.
No rapper wants what you make because they can make it themselves or get their homeboy to make something good enough. You won’t stand out or get views unless you bring something new to the table or you get a big break.
That doesn’t mean what you have is worthless, but it clearly isn’t working. Try deviating a bit.

i would never ever ever associate myself with this place you little bumda lmfao
i dont know it all i just know that your tunes are shit and i could probably tell you how to improve but people normally pay for that so you can suck out lol

sounds like you're making excuses lol

Listen to my track nobody has bothered to listen to it yet, the 2 views are from me :((

Hip hop track sampling old Jacques Cousteau doc

soundcloud.com/goron09/cousteaus-horns-below

m.soundcloud.com/slumbercitys

R8 my shit fags

>posting soundcloud links on an anonymous imageboard asking why your not blowing up
>gets mad when you get told the reason your not blowing up is b/c ur shit
actual lol

everyone here has already outlined what you need to do, stop making the same shit song you fucking faggot you have a tune uploaded every few days but they all sound the same wtf do you expect

>soundcloud.com/goron09/cousteaus-horns-below

Nothing special man, sorry - maybe try harder

there's a tune every few days cause I spend a fuckload of time making music lol. Instead of telling me basic shit I know or shit talking you could make use of your time and actually show me some places/resources I could look at to improve. Good youtube channels, websites, I dont fucking know

feels runner was a good one

Those other new ones hurt my ears, I don't know what you're going for there

Gotcha, trying harder

>I send it to most rappers

I think I see the problem right there
Dude, the only people who listen to that shit now are grandads over 50 and kids under 13.
Move with the times dude its just faggot flakes to say you are trying hard to make it in the music business if all you are doing is flogging a dead horse. You may as well be trying to get all the hip kids to boogie on down to good ole rock n roll like its 1958 again. Times have changed, people just dont listen to that crap any more

I put out a new track last month.

Feel free to shit all over it.

soundcloud.com/wavepoolofficial/wac-rad-wavepool-remix

you need to either bring down the volume of everything as early in your chain as possible or saturate your drums. either way you need to make room for the drums to pop out, hiphop is BOOMBAP and its an important element. the envelope of the horns is way choppy (imo), could easily benefit from reverb or convolution, or generally increasing the fade/gate or w/e ur using, but those horns need to bleed. when we here sounds they are not naturally abrupt, everything we hear is reverbed. the snare is nice tbh but it is absolutely ruined by the kick (or lack of kick). a great thing to remember about a kick is that its fundamental will likely be very low but the actualy timbre and main click of the kick is way way higher, probably around 1-7k ish, probably higher. like i said earlier seperate your bands and distort them seperately, multiband expansion will help your dynamics pop aswell, you gotta get them booming fam. personally i would lick some bass guitar or something underneath it but it just needs some low end presence cuz when the sample cuts out there is nothing to fill the void.
i think a big thing that would help you would be to look into call and response, similar to how a harmony suits a melody, often music has one element that leads into another and could potentially exist without eachother. this is the least generic song in the thread, it doesnt mean anything obviously but big up 2 u

try making something that isnt the same fucking song every day you entitled little faggot

hard to comment cuz i dont like house tbh so im always gunna be negative but it sounds p good i would just say to saturate your bass or give it more headroom but like i said its hard to comment on something you dont enjoy

Oh jeezas thats fucking terrible.
I heard this shit about 25 years ago man.
ok so here is my review of this shit
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship/benzo-mixed-by-nathan-original

The tempo never changes, nothing happens in the lyrics, nothing happens in the music. What is being said could be said in about a quarter of the time . It actually makes me feel sick listening to it because the vocals are out of time , overlap at the end of a bar and are just meaningless drivel. It's boring, artless, and old fashioned to the point of being irrelevant. Its just completely crap

Quality advice Thx man!

Pretty solid based on what I can hear with my crappy headphones, maybe some more micro edits? Like dropping the drums out for 1 beat, rapid EQ sweeps, or have a couple one off sounds to grab the ear

Sombody, summon Yung Caucasian, he will explain everything.

samefag

>My music isn't shit

trust me user, it is.

you cant be serious?

listen here guy, you keep talking that crazy talk and imma send you a wav file of my nuts hitting the mic. a personal copy 4 u to keep

Not sure what your porblem is
My music absoluately is shit, but I keep getting followers I don't want. I seem to get at least 1 every time I upload. My guess is they feature me every time I upload something new, so maybe upload more often? That and reach out to people you think you could collaborate with maybe...

took you a while to write that one out ey? probably about as long as it takes me to program a chime arp and some shitty drums

be rich. have a rich daddy. pay bot farms to spam your work and boost your plays.

thats pretty much how everyone gets big now

How dare you lump me in with that uninspired trap lovin youngin

So I get you, bruh. But listen. You don't need to tell me or anyone with a lick of sense that there's nothing to be proud of when making electronic music or rap, because the former is so piss easy to throw together in a DAW that anyone could do it with no understanding of musical theory at all, and rap because... Well we all learned how to talk, didn't we? Why is that a talent now? But, at the same time, people are fucking stupid. They buy this shit. It's garbage, but it's hot garbage. So if OPs got aspirations of making money selling garbage when there's a good market for it, why dump on him?

Lol, say what you want, that was pretty funny.

because it is immoral to propagate

uploading wav as we speak

i bet it sounds terrible user

Just listened to it and my immediate thought is: have you tried sending it to people who write comedy commercials. I was imagining a couple of wiggers with blacked up faces doing strange robot dances while they spoke the lyrics. It made the music much more bearable.

Also try actually speeding the whole thing up so it sounds fast with high pitched vocals. Make a cd of it, spray it gold then hang it on the the wall with a frame around it. Like a gold record. It will amuse your family and friends later in life as they recall how serious you were about becoming famous. You will laugh your balls off when you play it and realise how shit it was, believe me

If you think the better alternative is to beat your head against the wall trying to inform people that are stupid enough to be into that kind of music as to why their music is shit, I think you're in for a very frustrating life, friendo.

have you considered listening to my music while killing yourself?

how am i beating my head against the wall i am just sat here posting on Sup Forums its all fun and games user, im not at my tower right now so i got fuck all to do

Lol he's so butthurt

are you samefagging to bump the views on your tunes?
honestly i would reccommend sitting down and making tunes for a while without uploading, when you get good you arnt gunna want these shit tunes associated with your name

I haven't samefagged at all this thread despite all the suspicion. There's just hella salty people on Sup Forums trying to talk shit. I literally couldnt be assed to write out responses to myself lol

Start a blog on Tumblr wait for it to get a lot of views and boom advertise.

kinda smart tbh cause there's a shitload of people on IG and twitter that just post cringey meme videos/pictures and then once they get hella followers they just promote the fuck out of their music on it

Are you OP?

I've decided I'm going to give the rap game a try. Post a throw away email or ur real one idc but if you got some good shit we can def work together. I just created an SC account and I'm waiting to get my studio built but I can buy some studio time if it's that good so we can really start getting into shit bet

Dr Dre here, son
Just listened to your work and I think we could go platinum with it.
I'll get Snoop working on a dance routine for the video and eminem will join in on the chorus. We could use some cut scenes of biggie and tupac then get the wutang clan to make the graphics for the CD cover

I kind of disagree with this.
I dislike my uploads shortly after uploading them, but there are still the rare ocaisones where someone finds a song and enjoys it. I'm not about to let my pride get in the way of that. Of course I've improved, I haven't stopped you know?

I agree with that for sure, that's why I have as many tracks as I do (GOON)

i only say because of the way the responses are typed but that doesnt really mean anything

not every tune needs to be a chime/bell/kontakt arpeggio with low quality drums, you have no melody, no hook, no motif, no rhythm.

you have to understand that when you are listening to your own tunes you are hearing everything, every little decision you made you are aware of, but as a listener, as someone who doesnt know or care how you made the tune, i am just trying to engage with it. your tunes are not just unmusical but they are poorly produced so they dont even have the value of being raw or grungey they are just bad

to anyone reading this interested in production, distortion is the ultimate mixing device. it is a creative tool for both sound design and mixing, however distortion is all about context. mid/side distortion (like fabfilter saturn) and mid/side eq are very powerful tools to acheive personalized and well mixed sounds on all sorts of elements and they will let things share space while being audibly seperated.
distortion is just CHANGING the original sound, distorting it in any way. a similar thing is to slap a burst of white noise on a snare, this is change the way your ear perceives the transient, it will sound like the snare is louder and more upfront in the mix although the burst only last for a fraction of the snare. this is the same principle as distortion, you are using overtones and harmonics to exaggerate the wanted qualities. for example, a sub bass can be made more prominent by saturating its 2nd and 3rd harmonics, even to go as far as to slam its higher order harmonics. now obviously this will change the sub sound but that is why context is key.

well best of luck with that but personally i want my name to be associated with things that can compete with contemporary similar songs.

>post cringey meme videos/pictures and then once they get hella followers they just promote the fuck out of their music on it

think this song is a good blend of hype rap and little bit of melcholy, listen

soundcloud.com/lashawnlyrical/2am

>i want my name to be associated with things that can compete with contemporary similar songs
I get that for sure, especially if money is the goal. I suppose I just want to associate my name with my creativity/versatility/ambition. If I want someone to see how far I've come in those areas I can't delete the old stuff.

i have run out of upload time a long time ago cuz i dont like deleting old stuff. one day i just listened to what i was making and was like, damn, this is ALOT better than everything else i have to my name and immediately decided that the standard of the previous stuff simply wasnt high enough
also, money is 100% the goal i want to be the best.

that track is actually really fucking good, I like that a lot. This guy only has like 900 followers but is probably better than the ones who have like 10k

i meant to also say that my old shit is just hidden
i agree; your producer is doing it well but i am greatly triggered that you call it indie
indie to me is whiney motherfuckers crying over a guitar, although i guess you are just crying over a sample,

Or simple put all of them on a second account and when the time comes put the real good ones on ur main.

I keep my old work on a server/address I own, since soundcloud won't let me have everything. I certainly try to present myself as competent, so I don't promote old and current stuff the same way. I'm a believer in the saying:
>you're only as good as the last thing you made

That said, my work is shit. I learn a new instrument every two months and just have fun with it.

thank you Sup Forumsrother

Is that you in the pic, OP?

I agree. It's kind of like saying "I'm the funny one", it's retarded, and if you truly are the 'funny one' then it should be too obvious for you to have to clearly state. At the same time you gotta recognize when you have talent.

Yea it's him i saw the link

the op will be having a new years celebration for all his fans. If you want to be there, the address is
The telephone box
corner of wannabe street and Lonenly avenue
near the New York Stadium

Damn, bump. Song is well made and you provided a BB image. SALUTE

You can't be funny all the time though, and if you need someone to understand your situation it helps to be aware of yourself and your role in the world. It helps to be able to convey it, in many situations.

www.soundcloud.com/misterbuddha

gotta shill, rappers send me a message I got free beets

how the fuck am I supposed to get my followers up on youtube? My content isn't shit, I just don't have anywhere I can efficiently promote my shit out to. I send it to most tubers but they're brain dead as fuck and lazy, they don't ever end up doing anything with it and other creaters who aren't as good as me have a bigger following and charge to work with them. I'm not wasting my time or money doing that shit but there has to be something I'm not already doing, or doing enough of.

youtu.be/fm3cof17Wbo

You look hot, OP. Take your shirt off, appeal to your sexuality more. You'll get a lot of girls and gay dudes to like your music just based off that.

Spending more money is what you're not doing. Sometimes the next hurdle takes a serious investment. Make it wisely.

i dont think that is OP user

It's not very good though

Neither do I user

Music, like the stock market and any market really, comes in waves. You’re either riding them up or down, and hard or slow. Trap rap is on a slow ride down you’re getting in at the top of a saturated wave, bad timing. Also the music industry isn’t very profitable unless you create a solid moniker like bassnectar and his dewdrop logo he can mass print on t shirts. Takes 300 million streams to make a mil on Spotify. All that being said you can still pop and I’ll tell you how. You need at least 5k, make one solid fucking beat get it professionally mastered and pay a rapper with a medium sized following in trap or underground to rap over it. You may have to write his lyrics/hire songwriter to up the chance of success. Then you pay targeted channels on Spotify, SoundCloud, etc. then you start hitting up college radio stations. I could go on but you have to wear many hats to make t in music

#realtalk

It took like 90 fucking replies for a real answer like this, thank you. This is the only solid thing I've gained from creating this post. That is a lot of work but I think you're right

This was common sense you asshat lmao go get a real job

you want the wav file too?

Song I'm working on. Shut but oh well.

soundcloud.com/levoix/remnant

you are a faggot bro theres been bare advise given but you latch onto the one that justifies your terrible music by saying you can buy into the industry. a professional master isnt going to make your generic, uninspired music sound good.
you are a little batty boy stay bad

bruh you replied to 2 of my replies as if it's not still me. u goofy as fuck

kys

i know it was obvious that i was replying to you twice are you retarded

r u a detective. i plead the 4th officer

I'm diggin it, keep at it.

you look like a fag and make bad tunes

when did you even 1st comment on this post

I added an a capella to it. Haven't uploaded it yet obviously. Thanks dude. Appreciate it