"All Music Is Equal" is the Biggest Revisionism of All Time

I've been listening to a bunch of 60's rock, pop, funk and soul compilations lately, and I must say that music really was better back then.

Back then bands of multiple people made great music. Nowadays any kid with a cheap computer can make a minor trap beat and he's already more famous than 90% the musicians featured on these compilations. Beats completely devoid of harmony. Talent replaced by irony. Identity politics dominating over social commentary.

What will be the Nuggets of the 10's? Trap and Vaporwave compilations? Music is fucking dead man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2atgibMcgSA
youtube.com/watch?v=CX2IH1tkL68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fuck off fantano

All cringe aside, yes, this really shouldn't be a difficult concept. The difficulty floor for making an album and releasing it is far lower than it was previously due to self-release options, digital distribution, DAWs, etc.

People who spout "there was just as much bad music haha I'm so cynical" are skipping over common sense. If you cheapen production costs (time and money) you are going to flood the market and much of it will not be up to snuff.

holy shit, you're an idiot. The democratisation of music can only be a good thing, having 20 companies deciding what gets to be relevant is a shitty way to be, and i'm glad we're out of it.

Fucks sake, do you want to make it so you have to have a certain income before you can start making and recording music? Does that sound like a better world to you, or does that sound like one where we get more shitty music like The Strokes and The fucking libertines?

Settle down, spaz. You shouldn't be lashing out because someone is accurately describing why there appears to be larger amount of terrible music today than in the past. You're arguing with yourself.

"All Music Is Equal" is the Biggest Strawman of All Time
No one actually believes that, the only people who say it are bad critics like yourself.

I'm honestly unsure if you're baiting me or if you're actually this thick

I didn't say anything about the general direction of musical output or my personal opinion on whether or not the democratization of music creation / distribution had a positive or negative net effect. The only thing I posted is a simple explanation for why it would seem there is a higher amount of bad music being made (because it is vastly easier to make it and vastly easier to market / distribute it) You are literally hallucinating things that I haven't said so that you have something to be upset about. Fuck off, retard.

>The democratisation of music can only be a good thing
Evidently not.

It's the latter

i miss Sup Forums bdays without m00t. :(

music sucks, ppl who like it suck. Sup Forums is Sup Forums anymore. piss in an ocean of piss. FUCK OFF

i agree

pop producers and songwriters should be taking influence and inspiration from pic related more often these days rather than the likes of max martin and [insert generic trap producer #234623 here]

in other words, [re]build the wall (of sound). i don't care how seemingly 'outdated' or vintage of a sound it was, pop music needs its fucking ambition back.

>pop music needs its ambition back
>By returning to a sound that is 40 years old
fuck me

you're damn straight nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=2atgibMcgSA
youtube.com/watch?v=CX2IH1tkL68

these songs were recorded LIVE, in the studio. you can literally feel how organic it is, thus only adding to their uplifting charms (which top 40 pop is utterly starved of these days) among other things

for real, top 40 pop/rock peaked in the 60s. it was the decade that was filled to the brim with producers and songwriters alike who proved that pop music could be respectable and nuanced in its craft

*how organic they are

operatic grandeur must return to billboard pop. it's the only way to save it from the shitshow that it is today.

revolution NOW

holy shit you people are dumb

*cranks up Kendrick Lamar to the max*

i am not a fan of kendrick lamar

you: "wow these hand-picked and curated compilations albums specifically designed to highlight forgotten gems are way better than this random soundcloud link that just got shat in my face; What Happened to Real Music"

the problem isn't quality ceiling or floor it's signal-to-noise ratio retard

Should have made this thread during ameri/mu/ hours since those are peak with born in the right generation posters.

your experience will always be limited if you keep only listening to western music

Indeed. I wasn't a full person before I was aware of the authentic medieval cockel banged instrumentals of the Surabaya peninsula. Once you pass the initial hurdle of getting into Asian Tamagotchi xylophone grooves, there is a whole new world that opens up to you.

And don't get me started on the 70's obongo 'ng bongo compilations of the dark Congo.

I for one welcome the death of recording labels. I hope they die slowly and painfully.