Why did Europe build such crappy roads in Africa? China is building sturdy...

Why did Europe build such crappy roads in Africa? China is building sturdy, professional roads that will last much longer. Shitty European roads fall apart within a few years. Why did Europe do this to African nations, instead of building proper roads?

they built proper ones but all the infrastructure the europeans put in got destroyed after decolonisation

t. anglo african

Seek it out yourself big-brains

Africa was colonised by ancaps.

Infrastructure decays if you don't maintain it. Colonists built many roads, but rail and sea was the main way goods were transported. They never had major cross country truck infrastructure in most African countries, and as such most of the rural roads were unpaved.

Take notes, Europe: this is what a REAL road - a CHINESE road - looks like in tropical Africa.

You need to drain the swamps around the road and build supports for the road-bed so that it doesn't sink and turn into mud.

this

also the chinese pointed out the niggers destroyed european's infraestructure

Nice road, where is this from?

Equatorial Guinea, the Bata-Niefang road. Built by China.

The Asian century is starting and I'm getting really excited!

>roads built with 21st century technology are far better than roads built with 19th century technology

really stimulates the cognitive process

this is a modern EU funded road in africa.

euros probably don't have experience building infrastructure in jungles/swamps/tropical areas though.

lol
How inferior

Proper engineering lasts centuries you cuck

Honestly makes me happy that the third world is finally catching up and btfo western dominance.

Colonialism has been the cause of the vast majority of wars and problems abroad in the last century and whiteys here won't even acknowledge it.

EU funded it, didn't build it.
However i doubt China funded the road that they have built, with chinese imported workers.

thats a bridge, show us a normal road built by chinese

My grather-father was a white businessman in DRC (Congo), he told me that the local man you hired to make the road will steal the gravel needed to make the road while you're not looking
They will also sell it for cheaper, some of them even tried to jew my grand-father by reselling the gravel to him

The Chinese import their own labour so this doesn't happen

Fukken noice.

>some of them even tried to jew my grand-father by reselling the gravel to him
kek
Business men like that belong on Wall Street.

that's just stupid

>China helps africa by turning it into a liveable place with modern infrastructure the same way they went from absolute shit-hole to somewhat modern infrastructure, in exchange for some resources
>EU helps africa by a) bombing them b) importing them en masse c) mocking them by telling people they are charity cases

i really don't see the problem with this.

Not if you can get away with it.
That's exactly how the raw mineral trade operated between Australia and China.

>this is """superior""" Western engineering
What a piece of shit desu

To be fair, those carts are American designed, not German.

except you won't get away with it in those circumstances

>except you won't get away with it
Except people clearly do or else it wouldn't be a practice.

Well they didn't resell it in person, they gave it to their friends who then tried to resell it to my grand-father.

The problem is that the con-artist worker was skipping work to oversee the transaction and was spotted in a nearby cafe.
If he wasn't spotted that guy they would have gotten away with it.

They didn't destroy it though.

colony era stuff made for colony use is not suitable for the needs of a nation let alone quality (cost is a massive thing so they understandably had to cut corners especially transporting the stuff like say train cars from India ).

Post independence the amount you need to build was massive as fuck and a huge task.

>Leafposter is Chinese
>Every. Fucking. Time.

Nah but 中国 is doing a good job there. Exploiting the shit out of them but how couldn't they? Corruption is the default in that wretched continent. Nothing gets done unless you pay off the officials and they don't give a shit about their countrymen either.

How is it exploiting?

>China is building sturdy, professional roads that will last much longer.

you see that video that's going around facebook, where the chinks are filling budweiser cans with bootleg beer?

Of course it is a complex subject and the lines between doing business / exploitation are often blurry in 3rd world countries BUT China does more business in politically unstable African countries than anyone else. In those countries you pay the small elite, maybe build a football stadium in their name too so they seem like 'man of the people', and pay the workforce peanuts.

Tried to find some articles to support me but most of them were quite positive about China in Africa. Maybe I am wrong. Perhaps the complaints are just growing pains of doing business in 3rd world shithole countries.

Modern roads are expected to be maintained. See what happens to any road left abandoned for decades. You can make them of different materials but it's much more expensive and time consuming and just not worth it but to look pretty