Why do poor americans vote against their own interests?

Why do poor americans vote against their own interests?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/11/19/gop-tax-bill-is-the-end-of-all-economic-sanity-in-washington/#35e9061177ef
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because all you have to do is scare them

You clearly don't know how the government *barely* works here.
The Senate voted 51-49, every Republican voted for it. Not a single Democrat/Independent.

we are retarded

Poor people have been voting for democrats for 60 years. They're still poor

They're scared of everything and the Republicans pander to that.

Part of it probably depends on what you consider poor; there are plenty of middle class or working class people who might vote repub but I don't know any making less than 10 or 15k a year who do

I didn't realize ShareBlue worked on holidays.

How much are you soy boys getting paid for working tonight?

poor people people don't pay taxes. its a debate of supply-side or demand-side economics. do you give the money to people who are able to create jobs in the hope that they actually do invest money to create jobs? or do you increase welfare benefits and ultimately decrease motivation for people to get a job. this is a supply-side bill and I personally think it is a very good one.

kys yourself

It's adult hours now user. Most of the children should be in bed.

You are an idiot.

why am I an idiot?

They have bought into the myth of the American dream along with exceptional. They believe they will be rich eventually, so don't want to tax their imaginary future selves.

Yeah, the economy has really tanked in the past year. No recessions under Obama.

We don't both were bad choices and whoever says I'm for trump or I'm for Clinton not my president are all idiots. Both were corrupt bad choices. I will say trump was prob the better choice but your comparing dog shit to cat piss

They are just got dam stupid OP.
No special rationale here. If you're not a millionaire and vote Republican then you are just plain dumb.

There is no us and they, everyone has their own interests in mind. The wise ones learn how to adapt to whatever rules are in place at the time and benefit how they can. The American dream is alive and well for those who aren't afraid to work toward a long term goal. Buy real estate instead of bitcoin like a bunch of little goy.

>a bill lowering taxes
>vote against their own interest

Not him, but you obviously have no idea how the economy works. If you wish to improve and grow the economy then consumers need to be able to consume. The more you take away their ability to consume with high healthcare premiums from de-funding such programs like chip and the affordable care act, the less consumers consume and the worse the economy will do.

Giving tax breaks to those who openly admit to not reinvesting, increasing wages, or hiring more people does not help the economy.

It's not exactly like Democrats and Republicans represent the only 2 points of view in the universe. Most of us are just taking the good with the bad. Probably about 10% of us actually let either party decide our beliefs or are somehow actually represented by them.

You seem to be implying we have any control of anything in this country, if you believe this then you are a fucking retard.

Well what about giving tax breaks to those of us who are borderline deciding whether to buy new machinery for the business or not

The GOP is fucking us!

>shariablue thread
ffs man

Tax breaks for the middle class or small business entrepreneurs is way different than tax breaks for rich and ultra rich, which is what trickle down economics is about.

People in the lowest income brackets don't even pay taxes. For the average person scraping by on 40k a year, they're going to be paying about 1500 dollars less a year in taxes. 6 thousand dollars over 4 years. That's huge. The faggots complaining about Trumps plan are the faggots that get all their income from taxes paid by others.

>inb4 because of republicans

You've obviously never been to the South.

Obama pulled the US out of a recession that began during George W. Bush's administration. The economy was purring along far before Trump became president.

>purring before trump came along
>stock market at highest % its ever been
>more jobs in ~1 year than obama in his entire term in office
>just signed a tax bill that will give even more money to american citizens

allofmywut.jpg

The tax cuts for the middle class phase out within 6-10 years, depending on their income. The majority of Americans (including the majority of the middle class) will see effective tax hikes by 2028. The tax cuts for the ultra-wealthy are permanent. You're a goddamned fool.

How was Trump better? Increase spending, reduce taxes, blow a hole in thr deficit, piss off allies, deny climate change and act retarded.

Yeah, but most companies don’t increase workforce. They outsource, get computers/automation, and try anyway possibly to increase profit. There is no ceiling for them, it’s more more more.

Californian

But 10 or 15k over there is very different than 10 or 15k over here; but you should be able to come to some sort of an idea of what I am trying to say.

The very very poor of an area. The south's equivalent to what 10k is in California

The stock market hit the "highest % its ever been" four times under Obama. Under Obama, the US experienced its longest period of sustained job growth and GDP growth in its 239 year history. Fuck you.
"more jobs in ~1 year than obama in his entire term in office" What does that even mean? Do you speak motherfucking english? The rate of decline in the unemployed has slowed under Trump, and we were already under full employment before he came into office, you fucking pleb.
"just signed a tax bill that will give even more money to american citizens" Within 10 years the effective tax rates for most Americans, including the majority of those in the middle class, will go up as various deductions are phased out. Those in the top income brackets will have permanent tax cuts. Fuck you for being so gleefully ignorant.

>Why do poor americans vote against their own interests?
Because in the end, they have more in common with republicans than out of touch democrats. It's not all about taxes with the republican base. The democrats tax the shit out of everyone and no one bats an eye.
Republicans lower taxes and everyone loses their minds.

Liberalism really is a mental disorder.

Poor people don’t vote. Many poor where’s vote republican in states like WV and Kentucky, because they don’t relate to coastal liberal democrats, they vote for their own local democrats, but not for president. They aren’t pro choice, they are very religious, they don’t believe in climate change and think all democrats want is amnesty for Mexicans and to take their guns away.

If you ask them why they generally can’t give a well thought out argument. Many of them are uneducated, lack necessary skills to compete in the workforce and addict to heroin.

What legislation did trump sign that assisted in employment numbers? Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the numbers have been steady since Obama. Say it, Thanks OBAMA

If you're poor and black in the South then you vote Democrat because they aren't fucking racists. If you're poor and white in the South then you vote Republican because you're a fucking racist. I lived in both Arkansas and Alabama, and that's pretty much the norm. Arizona is hardly better.

Explain why liberalism is a disorder if people only complain when republicans do something. Makes you think... maybe YOU have the disorder

Kek, republicans pander to these dipshits shitty sense of morality. The right can pass tax plans that cut any program that might be beneficial for these poor fucks, but at least they're fighting for the bible!!

What other choice did we have?

ITT: non-voting basement dwellers think income tax is the only tax that exists

Hello share/b/lue.
Don't you get time off?

stupidity clusters and festers...that is why we live on a planet that will not sustain humanity for much longer and there's nothing you can do about it.

because of republicans

Republicans screamed about the deficit for 8 years, and then signed a tax bill that will cause deficit spending to become permanent at a time when we should be shoring up public funds. Furthermore, an estimated 86% of all tax benefits go to those in the top 1% income bracket, and the effective tax rates of most Americans will go up within a decade. You're brainwashed, bro.

forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/11/19/gop-tax-bill-is-the-end-of-all-economic-sanity-in-washington/#35e9061177ef

Most poor people don't vote. Of those that did, it's a combination of things. The biggest thing, I think, is that Trump actually talked about the way the working class has been decimated in this country (even if his response to it isn't good), while Hillary only talked about how she isn't Trump. You could also blame some of it on racism or whatever.

Man, that sounds really really terrible.

you are beyond retarded

Obama pulled us out of the recession
unemployment was at a record low when Obama was in office
Trump is straight up giving tax break to corporations and higher income brackets thinking that they will "create more jobs" which this has proven to be fucking bullshit since corporations don't like hiring people and would rather invest in automation since it's cheaper and more efficient. Trickle down economics no longer works in this work force

Uhhhh, my taxes are dropping $2500 next year.

Dude I make 120k, live in the city and a liberal. Poor people don’t pay taxes.

The most conservative states get more in federal benefits than they give. States like WA, CT, RI, CA, NY, NJ, VA, it’s the opposite. They have the highest earners living there. The best colleges, the innovation, technology, economic growth sectors like banking. May be it’s you who is out of touch on who is actually providing for this country and driving it to success.

and how much do you make?

Religion. That is the only reason. The democrats do things that offend their religious sensibilities, like give gays equal rights, and the republicans bible thump and holler about how evil it is. Since they don't understand things like "tax codes" or "critical thinking" they vote for whoever says things they can understand.

Then why the fuck are you still here?

Did I say anything about who benefits most from the tax cuts? No. But you're too busy whining and crying about muh scary big business and evil corporations. Any fucking tax cut is a good thing when it involves the federal government..

Give it 6-10 years. Your effective taxes will go up, the deficit will be massive, and the only gains will have gone to those who are already tremendously wealthy. When you retire, Social Security and Medicare will be completely gutted (assuming Democrats don't stop/reverse the Republican plans to eliminate "entitlements"), and you'll be left to depend on your children, who will almost certainly be worse off than you. Good luck.

because he's an adult

Because nobody has your interests in mind. The first thing all the kids on this board need to do is realize that Democrats and Republicans are different sides of the same coin. How else do you think Hillary has been a housewife / civil servant for the past 20 years but is somehow worth 10+ million dollars? And that's just what's on paper, god knows her actual worth. Reid, Feinstein, etc, are all in the same boat.

Grow up. Nobody is on your side.

My taxes are dropping. Hurr durr, I must be rich i guess? Im good at math though, unlike journalists who kept telling me im gonna pay more.

I have a question op: Why are liberals such retarded faggots?

Suck his underaged cock harder you pede shit-stain.

>Trickle down economics
It has NEVER worked.

Do you hear yourself?

Why the fuck is a tax cut good for an entity funded BY TAXES?

They only phase out if Congress lets them drop.

Because having a moral code is somehow a bad thing?

Trickle down doesn't work. It has never worked. Every time taxes are cut we get a recession. Even at the state level: MC cut taxes, and are looking at a $1.5 billion budget shortfall; OK cut taxes and the state is so poor, that most schools are on a four-day week; KS cut taxes and the economy cratered so hard that a supermajority of Republicans voted to raise taxes earlier this year. Meanwhile, states that have raised taxes saw their economies grow.

This does touch on the issue of most Americans not understanding that senate is as important as president. They voted in money hungry representatives who don't give a shit about them.

No they're not you fucking retard. Democrats consistently vote according to their values, and Republicans just toe the party line. There's more to the party than its elected officials. Every good thing that the government has done in the past 30 years has been because there was a democrat in office. I'm not saying they shit gold bricks, but the Republicans haven't produced a healthy piece of legislation since fucking Eisenhower

>moral code
>the party that tried to get Roy Moore elected
Sure thing bud

I say it no longer works because I give the benefit of the doubt that the theory was attempted and failed

My taxes are dropping by a lot. I make 120k a year, plus two kids and a wife. The issue I’m having is the increase in spending. How the fuck are they paying for the cuts. What if there isn’t a huge economic boom? Do me and my kids just get to pay for this? I’m 33, a lot of life to live.

>an entity funded BY TAXES
Which big scary corporation is that? don't forget to list the corporations that re NOT funded by taxes but are getting a tax break as well. Or are they not important because it's not fair they make so much money and you don't?

>hurr durr, tax hikes in 2028.
That's a pretty asinine assumption that there won't be some emergency legislative showdown long before that happens which fixes it. Pols would bankrupt this country before they presided over such a tax hike.

Ill take my chances. This bill saves me 10k. Fuck paying the government more because your D faggots didn't get to write it. Grow up dude and stop being a manchild that falls for that crap.

If there is no boom then whoever is president at the time gets the blame. Probably post trump.

~90k

>and the only gains will have gone to those who are already tremendously wealthy.

You mean like what's been happening since the 70s through both republican and democratic administrations alike?

1) the fiscal year begins October first and ends the last day of September. All those rosy economic numbers over the spring and summer? All Obama. The Trump economy is three months old.

2)You don't give more money to the rich because they just sit on it. If more money goes to the poor, they spend it, driving economic activity, and eventually ends up with the rich that way because hey, that's how they got rich to begin with.

You can defend someone having a moral code without explicitly supporting one party. Can you really not make that distinction?

Are you suggesting the federal government is not funded by taxes and that it is a corporation?

Is a screw loose up there?

www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/how-the-senate-tax-bill-affects-rich-and-poor-in-three-charts

because we need to keep funding other countries and other government programs that don't work or are no longer in use bt are still given funds. That sounds like shit that the EU does except they are the ones expecting the US to help support their sorry asses. Time for you bitches to go to work.

Out of context
But truly if they were given their fair dues they have voted Clinton. Libs never look after southern Americans; they only after making feminists and faggots happy, the destruction of our once great country.

Except they didn't. Most Americans are getting a tax cut. If anything, the rich in high tax states like NY and CA are screwed. The state tax write off is gone now.

Can you not make the distinction that by supporting an obviously corrupt political party that tries to elect sex offenders that any claims to a moral code is fucking bunk?

heh

Reid and Feinstein are retired. Sorry but there are to choices on the ballot. Democrats=pro union, tax cuts for the middle class, pro choice, pro reducing the affect in climate change, and money for college for middle class.

Republicans against everything above.

You can vote democrat or republican, if you vote third party it’s a vote for the opposite. Democrats are like 3 day old Taco Bell tacos. Republicans are like horse shit. If you have to eat one, choose the tacos dude, because horse shit is shit.

Yes, and that's a good thing. State tax writeoff is just a sneaky way of getting the rest of the country to pay for State level spending.

Like the democrats do also?

Sorry, misread your post. Of course the fed is funded by taxes, but way too many taxes. I cannot fathom how the liberal voters are upset at this latest tax reform. How can people seriously be mad at the fact people are getting to keep more of there own money?

>Any fucking tax cut is a good thing when it involves the federal government..
I guess you think roads, schools, safe food and drugs, an effective defense, plentiful drinking water, courts, etc. etc. aren't helpful. Now, did I mention anything about "scary big business and evil corporations?" No, I didn't. Nothing in my reply said anything about it, but --again-- you're so brainwashed that that's the first thing you assumed about my position. I'm not busy "whining and crying" you fucking child, I'm pointing out that this tax bill raises taxes on the majority of Americans and shifts those funds to people who are already tremendously wealthy. I will personally benefit from the tax plan, even after the taxes go up on the lower and middle classes. However, I'm smart enough to know that axing public assistance programs (like making sure that kids receive food and medicine), public education, and other health and safety programs is a Really Bad Thing for the continued health and prosperity of the country. Additionally, we're already seeing a greater income disparity than existed during either America's Gilded Age or pre-Revolutionary France. For every 1% of income that shifts from the bottom 80th percentile to the top 20th percentile you see a 0.3% decrease in overall GDP growth. Income inequality is bad for business, and you're so fixated on supply-side economics that you've forgotten the other side of the equation. As a dentist, my income will decrease if my patients are unable to afford my services. As more and more people feel the economic crunch of being on the wrong side of the concentrated wealth of the nation, the service-based economy we've constructed will crumble. The most prosperous point in the nation's history, during the 1950's, also coincided with its highest tax rates on top earners and the smallest level of income inequality. But, now that I think about it I don't really see any point in further arguing with a fucking moron.

No it isn't.

And for all those values and good government, look where we are. Even the evil semi-god Sith lord republicans wouldn't be able to systematically undo literally decades of pure, shining democratic good ... right?

The disappointment you'll feel later in life when all that idealism fades away is going to make you a bitter person.

They vote Democrat because of the poor schools ran by Democrats. You sure went to one little goy.

Wait, if the GOP is so morally bankrupt then why is it that Liberals are the ones getting exposed for being rapist shitbags?

Thats because of industrialization and now automation. Humans are no longer the only work force, we can just use a machine that can do it faster and cheaper.

This is the primary reason I believe capitalism will fail, it doesn't account for a automation takeover that leaves people out of work. Only the strong survive in the market, and with no buying power people will quickly be edged out by those with automation.

People are more afraid. We did this during the Bush years. Decreased taxes and raised spending. It caused a recession.

Blah blah.
Most of that shit is funded at the State level, not Federal.

The 1.5 trillion projected additional deficit is decreased by the phasing out of those deductions. Are you saying that you don't care about deficit spending now that it's a Republican causing it?