What do you guys think of Ash vs. Evil Dead?

What do you guys think of Ash vs. Evil Dead?

I have yet to watch it. Where does the pilot begin? If AoD isnt canon then Evil Dead 2 isnt canon because he gets sucked to the medieval ages...

jefe

They weren't allowed to make any direct references to Army of Darkness in the first season due to rights issues but there are a few oblique references they got in there. They gain the rights for Season 2.

Season 2 has AoD as canon since there's a brief clip of the movie shown at one point in the latest episode.

AoD is more or less canon now, but Ash hasn't directly said anything about it thus far.
This season they have shown the clip of the car falling from the sky at the end of ED2, and a drawing of Ash in front of the castle in the necronomicon.

The pilot begins in present day, so 30ish years after the end of AoD.

Wait, that was ED2 footage instead of AoD footage?

Yes, ED2 ends on a cliffhanger with Ash and the car falling from the sky and being surrounded by medieval soldiers.

It's kino

Hope they make a movie. ED3

I really like Bruce Campbell, but it is the show worth a watch for him alone?

I know but I naturally assumed it was from the reshot opening part of AoD where he fell from the sky.

it's okay. pilot was good, the rest is whatever. it's like some teenagers saw evil dead 2 and turned the dumbest aspects up to 11 and forgot to create any sort of tone or pacing. movies are vastly superior in every way

I should add; I think they reshot that scene a little differently for AoD's intro, so I could be wrong on which one they used.
Feel free to prove me wrong.

Season 2 is fucking incredible, that is a yes for your question.

The only problem is season 2 is linked to season 1 and season 1 can be real a slog sometimes since it's not that good.

I just watched the last episode

I didn't expect that

Great ep

I actually watched the entire first season in a single sitting. I will agree that Season 2 is an improvement but the first season is pretty good.

The only weak episode was the Militia in the Woods episode. Contrived and blatant filler.

I feel this way about season 1, but season 2 has been an improvement, especially the last episode.... aside from the questionable cgi car choices

the show originally started out as 2 different ideas for an ED4 movie, but they settled on a TV show instead because from a budget standpoint it just sort of fits better, Evil Dead was never a multi million dollar budget kind of franchise. The first movie is basically an indie film.

There's also the fact that R rated movies don't attract the kind of budgets they used to.

So they considered Tv instead because it gives them more room to play around, AND because Starz offered them complete control with absolutely ZERO restrictions of any kind. It's an unrated show with no restrictions, no watered down "tv versions" or any of that shit.

I thought the car was fine last episode some of the CGI was goofy, but I mean, it was fine by me. Evil Cars are my horror fetish

Raimi reshot it for AoD. They used the ED2 ending because I think they're still prohibited from using actual AoD footage.

First season got pretty repetitive in the middle with deadite of the week episodes, but the first few and last few episodes were good. Season 2 seems more solid so far.

there aren't many better ways to spend 30 mins

No, Bruce confirmed that wasn't true. The clip was from ED2
It does seem like they're not eliminating the possibility of it being canon, however. I'm sure they're still working hard to obtain the rights

>OH NO
>IM IN THE BUTT!

every time

that shit was nasty

Is pretty good

Remember reading that apparently the plan is for AvED to have 5 seasons, and try to use it to launch a 4th Evil Dead movie

What's that thing to the right, afro-pajeet ben stiller?

Love the show, everything I wanted

I love the show, but I don't really get the humor. Ash is a hell of a lot sillier than he was in the movies, and it's like he's just Bruce Campbell as himself, like a version of My Name Is Bruce that uses explicit Evil Dead references. ED1 was funny because of the campiness inherent in its being an early indie film. ED2 was funny because it took accidental funniness of the prequel to the extreme and went full fucked-up slapstick. AoD was funny because Ash was pissed at having time-travelled and was just sarcastic all the time because people a thousand years ago were retarded. AvED has the sense that AoD-Ash's character got all the more sarcastic from putting up with demons for 30 (or 1030) years, but the occasional toilet humor and race jokes just seem slightly out-of-place. Sure, everyone in the movie's is white, so it's not unlikely that Ash might crack Mexican jokes frequently, but there's still nothing in the movies to suggest that

Regardless, show's basically a 10/10, and its the only thing outside of ED2 to perfectly balance laugh-out-loud funny moments with actual horror and almost-disgusting violence. I can't think of any other show willing to kill off the main character's dad by having a car explode his head and no one give a fuck

his character pretty much lines up with the end of AoD, at least the theatrical ending

It's so fucking Reddit.

How to say something without saying anything. kys

plebbit sent me to tell you they want you back

next episode:
Ash vs Evil Delta ?

Show sucks

Team-up when?

Why does that bitch have pink hair?

I was looking at interviews from the AvED crew and Bruce was talking about the second season, how they were going all out with this one and want to keep it up for the next 7 seasons.
When the show started, I heard something about 10 seasons.

It's 2016, the best time for being degenerate.

>I heard something about 10 seasons.
>10 seasons.

based Bruce

In the first episode of this season I thought it was just somehow a lot of blood in her hair, but I guess that's wrong

i dont know ay. lel.

The only reason Bruce said that AoD isn't involved is because they don't want any legal troubles. But using AoD related clips from ED2 is some sort of gray area which the guys who own the rights to AoD cannot touch so Raimi & co are using them.

I think it's clear as crystal that they want it to be canon in anyway they can, even if it's just a nod.

While we are talking about canon, how do the video games and comics fit in. Are they non canon?

an user said Bruce refused to sign a comic, since he doesn't have anything to do with the comics. I guess they're not canon (which is good, i didn't read/played them, and won't to).

WTF

goddamn lucy still got it. that hair is other worldly

Stop watching after the first couple of episodes, I liked old Ash but the supporting cast was boring.

this a jurassic park 1 remake?

Season 1 was pretty good, season 2 is so far perfect.

In every episode Ash gets at least half of the screentime though. Also, Pablo and Kelly grow on you. Black cop is irritating at first but she eventually becomes friends with Ash and dies.

They sort of grow on you. The episodes are short so they don't get too much individual screen time. Basically just there for Ash to bounce jokes off.

groovy

Not enough Ash, too much everything but Ash.

Not sure if I should bother with season 2.

Season 2 is pretty much perfect, senpai. More practical effects, no annoying female black cop and Lucy Lawless is now part of the main cast.

you would get overdosed

How does Lucy Lawless still look fucking great?

Where can I watch this? We don't even have that starz bullshit here..

its just not for me

That scene in the morgue was probably one of the most disgusting things I've seen put on TV. It's great.

The shit was way too smooth. Some disgusting dark chunks here and there would've been so much more in terms of blargh. Still a bombastic scene though.