Have you ever met a famous musician?

Have you ever met a famous musician?

I saw Henry Rollins at dining hall when I was in college. He seemed like a cool dude, was talking to a kid in a wheelchair.

Is the planning for burial guy famous enough because I bought a record from him at a concert once
Nice guy

based abbeyposter

Met all of Neutral Milk Hotel and had them sign my potato album.

Met most of King Gizzard

Met Geologist

Oh and the chick from Candy Claws if that counts

that's cool, do you have any pic?

Just of the NMH encounter sans Jeff; he didn’t want his picture taken :(

jeff 100% browses Sup Forums

I had a drink with justin broadrick at a pub in camden after a small jesu set. got talking to someone he knew between songs, and invited me for a drink. nice guy.

had a cigarette with tim hecker in the middle of a godspeed you black emperor show. i stepped out at the same time he did. he was performing on the same stage that day earlier on.

the two most cool ones i think.

I met Patrick Stump in disneyland a few years ago. We were coming off the Buzz Lughtyear ride.

I talked with Nick Valensi of the Strokes after a concert he had with his side band in Albany. Pretty cool guy.

Thoughts on his debut solo album?

I got to hang out with Swans on several live shows cause they're cool.

Plus numerous others. Most memorable people I met for me were Brian McMahan, David Pajo, Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Merzbow and Thurston Moore.

It was alright. I mainly just went to see him and have him sign my shit.

was he cool?

Sorry, tim hecker i mean

I talked to Phil Elverum a few weeks ago at one of his shows. He's very nice, he is definitely quiet and reserved.

I'm going to be meeting Kurt Cobain tonight

wow edgy

HEY...HEY...ARE YOU TAKING PHOTOS OF ME!?

i met Erik Petersen from Mischief Brew and told him i thought he was an asshole and he said "so do i"

The Magic Bands current incarnation, French is a funny guy

say hi to him for me

i saw win butler with the crowd listening to the jazz band that opened for arcade fire

tell my parakeets i miss them

I met Al Stewart in 2010 and told him how much I love his music.

He was really surprised at how young I was (24 at the time). I'm guessing he's used to dad's being fans.

got meet Molly Rankin from the Alvvays a few years ago, she's like 5 feet tall irl, LOL!

met ty segall and ben wallers of the country singers in the same evening. different types but both really nice and accessible fellas.

I met Lemmy ten years ago. He was with his side project The Headcats, and they were opening for Dick Dale.

Seemed like a nice guy. I just shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. (I mean, what else could you say to somebody like Lemmy?)

>turbo-manlet with a lip piercing
LOL indeed

seriously tho? Keiran kinda looks like an asshole

I met Paul McCartney a handful of times.
He's the co-founder/owner of the university I went to (LIPA) and swang by quite often to watch performances or give speeches.

I met Mark Chestnut at a Kiss concert in 2000, it was their revival tour

Pretty cool guy

I've met Lights, the Avett brothers, Jess Mayfield, and Lisa Walker.

Played 2 gigs with Jon Batiste, the music director for Stephen Colbert. I'm surprised at how well he gets it together for TV because he was borderline schizo irl. Super nice though.

Mozart

Tell us about Pajo

Had a smoke with him. He seemed extremely excited about Spires That In The Sunset Rise opening for Slint and there was something about he was talking about it that was memorable to me. Seemed like a very nice dude.

And you're barely taller! LOL!

i've met all of gy!be, mark kozelek, and kevin shields

what was mark like? did he smile at all?

Are you a pretentious cunt like the rest of the people who went to LIPA are?

Jack White walked into a bar I was at but I didn't talk to him

kek

I met the asian guitarist from Dragonforce in the foyer of Brixton Academy. To be honest, he seemed more taken aback to meet me than I was to meet him.

>she's like 5 feet tall irl, LOL!
that's a lot coming from YOU!

How was meeting the KG guys?

No, but I'd love to eat some famous ass

oh my gosh what a cutie

didnt someone here see the crusher at an event?

I partied with Left Brain after his gig at my college. People were practically fighting to smoke him up, and as a result, he was handed blunts for a couple hours straight.

I almost met him once and was heartbroken that I missed him.

Herman is one of my favorite memes. What did he say?

I've talked to two members of Foxing, just met the vocalist of The Hotelier the other day, and my dad's friend was in a pretty well known punk band back in the day. All of them are great

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

wait what? this actually happened?

I met Matt Costa once.

Only other one I've met was Tim Noah but I don't think anyone knows who that is haha

Seemed like an ok dude.

It's a pasta newfriend

Were you the kid in the wheelchair user?

I touched the tit of one of the girls from Icona Pop, they were playing at a festival, I was in the front, wasted and not really feeling it, they went to the crowd to touch people's hands and shit like pop artists do so I went in for the grab, quality tit.

>taking bait this obvious
Yikes!

But it's not bait though
If it wasn't sincere then it's just someone pretending to be retarded.

What was Lights like? I've heard she's really friendly and great with fans.

>someone pretending to be retarded
>not bait

Ah, look user, there's the REAL newfriend

No, but I think the guy had dwarfism or something.

lianne la havas
kimya dawson
sadie and mike from speedy ortiz
megan from purity ring
drummer from naomi punk
thor harris (he gave me a hug)
marissa paternoster
majority of la luz

No but I saw ben shapiro once