Drawthread: Prepping for New Years

Drawthread: Prepping for New Years

>Take or give request
>Interact or roleplay with others
>Threadly reminder that you can always git more gud
>Don't be afraid to try drawing a request yourself
>New Drawfriends are ALWAYS desired

TOOLS:
systemax.jp/en/sai/ (PaintTool SAI, ¥5400, nearly all drawfags use it)
clipstudio.net/en (Clip Studio Paint Pro, $49.99, also sorta popular)
medibangpaint.com/en/ (MediaBang Paint, Freeware)
krita.org/ (Krita, Freeware)
firealpaca.com/en (Firealpaca, Freeware)
sketchbook.com/ (Sketchbook, $30/year or free version, often used on mobile)

RESOURCES:
(IC Sticky w/ Drawing Guide for Beginners link)
drawabox.com/ (Learn to Draw)
alexhays.com/loomis/ (Loomis)
If you don't know where to start, start with 'Fun With A Pencil'. Loomis is a meme for a reason.

FIGURES and REFERENCES:
quickposes.com/pages/random
artmodeltips.com/poses/
eggazyoutatsu.net/eng/atarichanDrawer.html
posemaniacs.com/
artprompts.org/ (Art Prompts)

TABLET:
reddit.com/r/stylus/wiki/index (List of Tablets)
Intuos Draw/Art (formerly Bamboo) is fairly cheap and solid ($64/$79 USD Amazon)
Ask a Drawfriend

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J4cX0oHOEcQ
rule34.xxx/?page=post&s=view&id=1277740
youtu.be/3_V_2BFWahc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Requesting a short vore comic of this girl swallowing a tiny person whole and alive. One panel where she's holding them above her open mouth, another where she's gulps them down, and a third where it shows them in her stomach as she falls asleep.

Haha uh oh

youtube.com/watch?v=J4cX0oHOEcQ
you are fuckin' fast
you write a script to post or something??

Greetings gentlemen.

just got a tablet, can't draw great, taking simple requests

This made me laff.

Snuggly teddy bear please.

>you write a script to post or something??
Nah, I just have a good sense of when a new thread will be made. That's an interesting idea though, if only I knew how to make scripts.

Requesting a milf with hairy armpits and a hairy pussy, a beauty mark and inverted nipples riding a dick like pic related. Her tits should sag a little and they should be lactating as well. She should mention something about hurrying up, because her kids or loser husband come home earlier than expected.

(Please note that the pic included is merely a reference for the pose.)

>rule34.xxx/?page=post&s=view&id=1277740

you g-guys doing alright?

What are your new year's resolutions gents?

Taking a couple more requests, then I'm going back to finishing my Ultra Moon dex.

yessir comin right up

I'm trying to train my endurance.

three words:
deathclaw with titties

confirmed!

I don't do New Year's Resolutions. They involve putting effort into something and goal setting, neither of which I like to do

Hey look its Blurbo

forget I said that...
hey goyim
fuckin' idk
breath more??
you?
noice
like jogging?

This is all kinds of perfect.

but i thought robots/scripts weren't allowed according to the rules..
>then again, this is Sup Forums

Nice very cute! Thank you.
I think I already got this one.
I see. Understandable.
Breathing more would be good. I have no interest in improving so I don't have any resolutions. Maybe sleep more or something.

>heavy breathing

You did, just felt like reposting. I think I'll go back to sleep.

are you ok

>

>I didn't refresh before posting
F U C K
I was thinking about making a kindof challenge for everyone to do with a deadline being the 31st
>sleep more
that too

My new years resolution is to learn how to draw, but since I am easily demotivated and none of my artist friends can give me a clear answer on how to avoid said issue, I should probably give up.

He's a cute lil guy. Thank you for reposting. Have a good night.
A challenge can be fun. Worth a shot at least.
You should consider medication that puts more chemicals in your brain that make you want to do stuff. That's a thing.

o-of course i am
i'm doing
g-great
how are you friend

Is ok blurbo
I still love you

im worried about u
have a tree

>You should consider medication that puts more chemicals in your brain that make you want to do stuff.

No thanks. I prefer not being motivated enough to learn how to draw.

What are your reasons for wanting to learn to draw?

Give up, you clearly don't want to learn how to draw. Don't delude yourself if you can't be fucked to even try.

Alrighty then.

Hey, how is everyone doing?

I just want to be able to make my own drawings.

Can someone draw me a cute Christmas Digby from animal crossing? I could draw it myself but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy it because I'm the one who drew it. It would be much appreciated!

Sure, let me just take pills that potentially have negative side effects, whenever I can't be arsed to do something. What could possibly go wrong?

provide refs

Merry super late christmas all

youtu.be/3_V_2BFWahc
Shoot some requests at me or somthin

oh you mean like more art
yeah
everyone does a redesign and then shows it off on the 31st
clothes, hair, gender, fuckin'.....species?!
idk
that makes like
>-1 +1
well i'm not in the negatives anymore

I sleepmode. night frands

I'm not talking about the pills, just you. You have no motivation and don't sound like you can be bothered to try.

Animal Crossing is for nerd lameos.
Yes and no, I've actually been trying to exercise more too.
Happy Christmas.

Then let that be your motivation.

>You have no motivation and don't sound like you can be bothered to try.

This refers to what I said in my first post. I want to, then I do it for a few weeks. Then I see that I made not even a tiny bit of improvement and get demotivated. And not one of my artist friends could give me a proper way of dealing with this problem. And judging by the way you are replying to me, it seems like you don't have a proper solution to it as well.

Here is the boy. Just draw him wearing something cute and christmas-y. I'd really appreciate it!
Is that so? I haven't been long enough. This will be my first New Year's here. I look forward to seeing how people re-design their avatars and OC's.

>Then let that be your motivation.
But it does not suffice, at the end I see that I barely improved and think how it is easier to just repeat request.

>Animal Crossing is for nerd lameos
Thank you!

The solution is to keep practicing. Do you expect to be amazing after just a few weeks? It takes years to improve your art, keep at it or give up, there is no one magic solution that makes you a good artist or keeps you motivated. It's on you, so draw or quit.

The same thing I have heard before. I know these things already. Thank you for not being helpful at all.

Alright cool. Have fun not drawing.

OP its my birthday today. Could you draw me an English Cocker Spaniel as Megamans helper (instead of Rush)?

Then what are you asking for? Do you want everyone to hold your hand and pat your back? You know what you have to do already, stop asking for solutions you already know and making excuses. Draw or stop being a whiny bitch.

>asks for advice on how to stay motivated enough
>hurr durr just draw or give up

No need to get pissy when I just mention how flawed you both are at giving motivational advice.

>expecting people to motivate you instead of yourself

don't draw then, why do you think so many people never bother to?

Every artist has been where you are. Don't let a perceived lack of progress demotivate you.
This guy knows what's up.

Any more requests for tonight?

OP here, happy birthday, user! i apologize, but i'm not taking anymore requests because i'm heading off to bed.. but i do hope you have a good one!

>Any more requests for tonight?
Yes pls this Thanks!

I know it is controversial and many artists get pissy if you mention it, but maybe you weren't born with it. There were some studies that have shown that the majority of artists were born with said skill and refined said skill over time.

You're a special little angel, I believe in you and I know that if you put your mind to it you can improve and be an amazing artist.
There, is that a sufficient amount of dick sucking to motivate you? I don't know what kind of answer you expected. You're like one of those people that go into chats saying "guys I can't draw :(" and no matter what people tell say you still find ways to demotivated yourself.

>Don't let a perceived lack of progress demotivate you.
But it does and there must be some way around it other then "to just draw". I mean how is the foundation of my problem supposed to be the solution to itself.

I like where this is going!

>getting this angry about it
You are not that good at giving advice. And act like an asshole about. I just asked for help with the motivational problem and you just hand out the same advice that I have heard a thousand times and has not helped at all.

Then you're not meant to draw. You just want to be a good artist without putting in the work and going through the phase of having shitty looking art.
You're like a kid that wants to be good at skateboarding but quits after a week because he fell down.

Have you considered not caring at all about the quality of your art? That works well for me. I have no motivation to draw at all and I still draw when I take quality out of the equation. Not being bothered by my drawings looking like shit works wonders for productivity. At least in my case.

Anyone on this? Would be the cherry on the cake for my birthday

>Have you considered not caring at all about the quality of your art?
But the problem is that I know how good art looks like and then I compare it to my shit.

goodnight everybody

Shut.

>comparing yourself to others
a key failing in all of life. just see what you can do. everything else is a waste

Again you are not helpful at all. Every post you made is the same old thing.
>give up
I just need ways to deal with my motivation, I know that I will suck at first, but this is the problem. How do I still keep at it? This will be my last reply to you, since I know that you will just post nothing helpful.

Hmm. This should be the part where I tell you what you've "heard a million times" so I won't. Because you already know what a traditional response to your statement would be. When you draw, empty your mind completely. Don't think at all. Zombie that shit. The more you think, the less you will draw. 100% of the time in the case of a beginner artist. Drawing is an action and you psyche yourself out by thinking.

Good morning thread

There's always going to be someone better than you. Someone else being good shouldn't demotivate you, if anything it should motivate you to want to one day be as good as them.

See above. Your motivation should be wanting to get better. What more do you need?

>You just want to be a good artist without putting in the work and going through the phase of having shitty looking art.
As shitty as it sounds, this guy is right. If you aren't willing to do the work, clearly you don't want it enough.

The other problem is that I also compare it to the visual I had in mind. So even if I wouldn't compare myself to others, I would still compare it to something.

OwO

>it should motivate you to want to one day be as good as them
But it doesn't.
>motivation should be wanting to get better
But it is not enough motivation to keep me going.

>2 deliveries
It's a Christmas miracle! A day after Christmas.
This is very cute. And saved! Thank you.
>Cutie with an erection
Oh me oh my...I'm not gay but I would deep throat that little cock.
>Also saved

I mean what did I expect when I posted my new years resolution. I knew that it would end like this, the same kind of advice with no real adivce on how to pull through. Sorry for wasting your time.

that's not a problem, that's a challenge. it's only a problem if you have a fundamental issue with finding enjoyment in bettering yourself in satisfying ways.
that's a problem that can't be solved in a drawthread on Sup Forums. I'd recommend the army or at least proper counseling.

you have to admit that a new years resolution isn't really a resolution if you need others to make you resolute. it's more of a new years wish, which no one owes you to make come true.

I don't know. I can stay motivated enough, if I have to fight a difficult boss in a game or if I have to grind for something. I see at least some improvement.

Anyone?

those are short-term tasks. they aren't in the same league. sounds like you have very little patience.

Then I honestly don't think you're cut out for it. What more could motivate you? Money? Popularity? When you're an artist first starting up all you have is your work, it's going to look bad for a while and there's no way around that. You may not like it and blame others for not giving you good advice but the truth is that you have to motivate yourself just like in any pursuit. If you can't do that then there is no solution for you, people can give you pep talks and advice until the cows come home but the only factor that matters is you motivating yourself to put in the work and accept that there isn't an easy route.

Good morning to you, how are you doing?

Some artists today took 3-6 years, if you can't enjoy being drawing constantly, you won't go far at all.

Life isn't a video game. You're not going to develop ANY skills with that little time or effort.

Artists are born, you retard.

Now that you mention it, it really does seem like I have fundamental issues with finding enjoyment in bettering myself in satisfying ways.

many people do. I recommend exploring a broader solution for that issue. focusing on the art thing is skipping a step.