I want to make a chart for all the albums with crazy irregular rhythms and weird harmony. What should be on it...

I want to make a chart for all the albums with crazy irregular rhythms and weird harmony. What should be on it? obviously pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

neverendingchartrendering.org/
youtu.be/ACg9GEMS-7c
youtu.be/QQCjsJqssPc
youtu.be/zY_2kSYmBh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sun Ra is pretty polyrhythmic. How about Space is the Place, because that's the one everyone knows.

ITAOTS

The shaggs

pfft please

>weird harmony
>TMR
What the fuck? It's harmonically one of the simplest albums out there. Except the occasional horn parts, everything's in either Am/Cmaj or Em/Gmaj. It doesn't get simpler/more generic than that in rock music. The album's approach to rhythmic phasing is unique, don't get me wrong, but it's simple harmonically.

Death metal like the new Pyrrhon, or mathcore bands/some math rock would be a better fit. Hell, an even better fit would be to ditch popular music all together, and have the works of the likes of Igor Stravinsky, Karlheinz Stockhausen, and especially Brian Ferneyhough. Maybe some jazz like Ornette Coleman, Anthony Braxton, Anthony Davis, Henry Threadgill, etc. like this should honestly be filled with jazz.

this should be on it

I guess we could fill it up with noise music, but that would be cheating...

also I forgot to say, can someone else make the actual chart while I just sit back and do drugs?

King Crimson - Lizard
Univers Zero - Heresie
The residents - The tunes of two cities
Eric Dolphy - Out to lunch

how about Hella, no 666 in Outer Space?

If you're op, you gotta make the damn chart, asshole. Why make the thread if you aren't even going to make the chart with the albums people suggest.

because I'll maybe download some of the albums people suggest. I could make a chart but there's probably someone here who would enjoy making it better than I so Ill let them do it and just suggest albums I think of.

>t. Avant teen who doesn't know music theory

>neverendingchartrendering.org/
It's fucking drag and drop. Takes like a second to look up an album and add it to the chart. It's not hard, why are you so lazy.

for fucks sake what the fuck is wrong with your dujmb ass? I'm not doing this shit you can blow my dick

Conlon Nancarrow - Studies for player piano

Why did you make the thread, expecting a chart to come out of it, but then not make the damn chart. Makes no sense.

I offer to fucking help you, take time out of my day to fucking contribute to this bullshit and you don't even have the decency to pull your weight. Who the fuck do you think you are? Dumb pussy ass motherfcuker doesn't even know how to make a chart

Black Eyes - Cough

you don't know me you fucking asshole. I got exactly what I wanted out of this thread, fuck you and fuck off retard

t. numale

t. numales

idk fuggit

You included Beefheart, The Shaggs, and The Residents but not ITAOTS? Like I said, music illiterate avant-teen.

drop it,don't make any charts,you are the worst.

to be fair it takes a person with a very high iq in order to appreciate ITAOTS...
thats fine, i just did that in like five minutes off of what was recced here plus that ayler album

Pretty much anything by Monk, Coltrane or King Crimson. But if you want specific examples, I'd say Straight No Chaser by Monk, A Love Supreme by Coltrane and Starless and Bible Black by King Crimson.

this senpai

only good answer ITT

fuck you dude

you realy need a sertain level of intel of gents....

Good job on adding The Shaggs, ITAOTS and not .

this but unironically
the only songs that aren't polyrhythmic and drenched in beautiful, unusual harmony is the title track and holland 1945

maybe because that was posted as i made it and not before you fucking cuck

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

good post

Why didn't you wait? And again, why did you add The Shaggs and ITAOTS?

US Maple

I was shitposting and you called it good answer in the thread.hahah kys pseud.

How I wish this board only suffered from shitposts like these.

No, I'm not joking. If you actually think Beefheart or the Residents are more complex than NMH, you're probably not a musician. Trout Mask Replica was written lethargically on a piano by a non-pianist and then transposed to guitar and bass by Drumbo. The only thing that's complex in it is the way the percussion works as its own rhythm section. You could recreate it entirely by going in a free music maker and plugging in barely tonal notes into it.

Yeah cool story,we already knew that trout mask is trash tier,Now to the point what makes NMH so complex you think?

does Drumgasm count?

yowie - cryptooozoology

is this any good, I've been meaning to check it out?

Thank you user I've been looking for this picture

i made it like two days ago you liar

I saw it in a thread about his Girlfriend and how she looked like Devon Hynes. I thought I saved the picture, because it's hilarious, but I didn't.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Captain Beefheart. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical philosophy most of the jokes will go over a typical listeners head. There's also Don's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization. His personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny, they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Captain Beefheart truly ARE idiots, of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Don's existential catchphrase "Neon Meate Dream of an Octofish!" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Don Van Vliet's genius wit unfolds itself on their speakers. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Trout Mask Replica tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Dalis Car? My human gets me blues?

fuck you i'm saying it, the genre has "math" in the goddamn title

Veteran's Day Poppy?

I love that album more than anyone else on earth I think.

all of the albums are ones that were suggested in the thread leading up to it. I don't know what youre getting at with "complexity" but nmh is mostly just strumming chords in 4/4 (which is perfectly fine) and whether or not beefheart knew how to play piano doesn't change that the melodies that he and john french came up with were odd and fun rhythmically and tonally.

not really. If you argued any of don van vliet's sax solos, sure, I guess, but if it's just one instrument, playing something completely different from the other parts, it really doesn't count as a harmony. All of the guitar and bass parts are just blues scales. You need to know the rules in order to break them.

It's not, but it's a hell of a lot more finally complex than Beefheart or the Residents.
>4/4
(Not true by the way)

>finally
tonally*

So what are some math albums with odd harmonies?

i've been listening to this album for almost 10 years and it never gets old. rhythmically, it's not that complex, but there are super odd chords and changes throughout the entire album. incredibly catchy, too.

youtu.be/ACg9GEMS-7c
youtu.be/QQCjsJqssPc
youtu.be/zY_2kSYmBh4

This video is not available.

on pretty much all of the songs except Frownland (and the interludes/spoken word ofc) the parts DO link up, but only every few bars or so as they're written in different time signatures. and no all of the guitar and bass parts are not just blues scales. tell me dalis car or the beginning 9/8 figure in steal softly through snow are blues scales? or the riffs in Ella Guru?