twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

George wrote Taxman

>having too pay too much

he didn't write that song you moron
he is hypocritical tho

wow you're retarded

>imagine no possessions
>lives in 2M dollar mansion

George wrote Taxman but it's still weird. I thought he was a hardcore lefty, why did he hate taxes so much? (he even lived in a different country to avoid them)

When you have to pay 90% of your income you would move away too

>whines about wanting peace
>beats wife

why do people like him again?

>>literally writes a song complaining about having too pay too much taxes
[citation needed]

John's a faggot, but OP is an even bigger one.

>a brotherhood of man
>nearly beats a guy to death for joking about his sexuality

>make people think i'm super humble and peaceful
>i'm actually a madman
he was playing the long con

Oh is this another People Are Not Allowed to Change episode on Sup Forums?

no shut up he beat his wife once

>once
also im just really not a fan of his penchant for that hard r

>makes a low energy post
>doesn't even get his facts straight
ITT: "Sup Forums users" you would like to punch in the cunt

lmao

Ever called someone a faggot on Sup Forums before?

Ever danced with the Devil by the pale moonlight?

Put more effort into your bait next time. John would beat the shit out of you btw.

maybe if he wasn't dead lmao

Let's start with an obvious example - Ted Nugent.
youtu.be/rbV4jj2G6eA
youtu.be/7nBJ9OJXuOQ
Here you have my dear friends across the ocean - an embodiment of the American dream, but with a guitar instead of a gun. Oh, wait:
youtu.be/zL2Ry_7GkGM

>DUDE MY MOTHER DIED LMAO
>DUDE FUCK YOU PAUL LMAO
>DUDE COMMUNISM LMAO

wow.... truly the best beatle.....

I've heard Lennon beat his wife, not sure if its true

People seem to be awfully forgiving when it comes to idolizing people like John Lennon and Bob Marley.

They sang about happy things like peace and love, so that automatically means that their domestic violence or racism doesn't exist.

I like the music too, but let's not pretend that great artists can't possibly also be terrible human beings.

>what is redemption
Stop

George Harrison had a 98% marginal tax rate at the time (top rate was 83% plus "super tax", an extra 15% on top).

Higher rate + additional rate tops out at 45% today (income over £150k, realistically nobody pays it though because of accountants and such).

Because George wasn't really a hardcore lefty, he was just proper spritual
He was basically British Hindu Frank Zappa

A lot of 60s and 70s musicians absolutely hated the sense of entitlement hippies had. Bob Dylan purposefully made a terrible album to keep them from stalking him.

A lot of the dadrockers were slightly older, Silent Generation guys and the fanaticism of their young boomer fans put them off.

what the fuck did john lennon ever do to "redeem" himself? It's not like he was beating his wife and kids ten years before he was singing about peace and shit, also you can't really "redeem" yourself for something you never even acknowledge happened.

>what the fuck did john lennon ever do to "redeem" himself?
Sacrificed his own reputation and commercial appeal for the name of world peace and benefiting minorities.

What have you done lately?

>It's not like he was beating his wife and kids ten years before he was singing about peace
He never beat his kids.
>also you can't really "redeem" yourself for something you never even acknowledge happened.
Of course he acknowledged it. Are you retarded?

post war era britain the taxes really were pretty insane, it would not have been a very divisive issue to comment about

Reminder that this is the 10/10 qt he beat and then divorced to be with Yoko "my unshaved pussy is art" Ono.

The guy had to be literally insane.

Reminder that Cynthia Lennon got remarried three more times after John and all three ended in disaster. She just lived lazily off his alimony and wouldn't let Julian see him.

She was a train wreck gold digger

They were school sweethearts though. They dated long before John got famous.

>school
He was playing in a band at this point you dolt.

He paid her the equivalent of a million quid now (which wouldn't buy you a house in London) and 37k a year. None of the men she married afterwards were rich, she ran a B&B in Ruthin, not exactly glamorous.

I hope she tracks you down and sues the shit out of you.

>(which wouldn't buy you a house in London
Irrelevant because she got his house

Cynfags are fucking idiots who will say anything to defend the whore

What does Cynthia Lennon and a raven have in common?

They both live off of dead beetles

That'd be kinda hard considering she died three years ago.

>PAUL YOU FUCKING UGLY CUNT YOU'LL NEVER BE AS GOOD OF A SONGWRITER AS ME GO RIGHT ANOTHER OB LA DI OB LA DA SONG YOU QUEER
>LOL GEORGE WHY ARE YOU EVEN BOTHERING TO TRY SONGWRITING YOU'RE FUCKING AWFUL
>RINGO HAHAHAHA YOU'RE A TERRIBLE DRUMMER, YOU AREN'T EVEN THE BEST DRUMMER IN THE BEATLES, I COULD GET PETE BEST IN HERE TO WHIP HIS DICK ON YOUR DRUMSET AND IT WOULD SOUND BETTER
>okay here we go. 1, 2, 1 2 3 4
>ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

HEY BEATS YOU

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH

HEY BEATS YOU

YEAH YEAH YEAH

t. JLIDF

>Irrelevant because she got his house
She didn't, he sold it in 1968.

>>ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
Yes that is a great song.

She lived for a few months in a flat Starr owned at 34 Montagu Square, central London,[140] but returned to Kenwood as Lennon and Ono preferred to live there instead, rather than in isolated Weybridge.[141] Lennon and Cynthia had one last short meeting at Kenwood (with Ono alongside Lennon), where Lennon accused her of having an affair in India, saying she was no "innocent little flower".[142]

She got the house. Her and Julian lived there. Look it up

>sacrificed
Neoliberals are THIS delusional. Fucking coca cola was making world peace commercials.

>He paid her the equivalent of a million quid now
The settlement was then raised to £100,000 (equivalent to £1,564,000 in 2017).[34], £2,400 annually (equivalent to £37,500 in 2017).[34], and custody of Julian.[137] Another £100,000 (equivalent to £1,564,000 in 2017).[34] was put into a trust fund which Julian would inherit when he was 21.

OK so a million dollars + $37k per year
Not an argument

Scroll down the wikipedia page sunshine.

You're right. It was a correction. There's no argument to be had. John Lennon didn't sacrifice anything by saying he wanted world peace. There was zero risk in agreeing with most major corporations, artists, record label owners, and his fans.

Not relevant.

>It was a correction
No, you'd have to be correct to make a correction

>n-no
That's cute, sweetie.

>Writes song about "a world with no possessions"
>Owns several lands and luxury houses

>rants about equality
>beats wife
wew

wow that's insane

This is pretty common though. Wasn't some big male feminist outed as a rapist recently?

Just following your example

If you did, you'd back up your statement with literally anything besides emotional appeal. World Peace and no war were hardly controversial statements. Most corporations involved in mass marketing at the time used the same progressive window dressing: coca cola, Revlon, and even the US fucking military by the early 70s. The hippie shit wasn't rebellion. It was the zeitgeist.

>coca cola, Revlon,
These are commercials, not true world peace slogans.

Try again.

>US fucking military by the early 70s.
[citation needed]

Go watch some interviews with him. He openly admits that he is a bad person, doing everything he can to try and change that. He admits that he came to the conclusion that because of how he struggled with his own aggressive nature, his best opportunity of making a difference was to encourage others to not be like him, and instead embrace peace.

If he walked around claiming to be a saint then I would agree that he never found redemption, but he quite clearly literally considered himself a horrid person. Looking back now, the way he used that to try and better other people with the tremendous opportunity his fame gave him was admirable.