Dale Jr. to retire after 2017 season

>This is the third time Dale Jr. announces his retirement at the end of the season in 4 years.

>Full time Water Cooler Dale

I'm going to guess Bowman takes the 88 in 2018 then Byron takes the 5/25 after another year of Xfinity (they waited a bit with Chase as well)

Feels fucking bad man
I didn't go to California this year

He should go out like his dad and die on the track, racing.

Any other end to his career would be anticlimactic.

I feel like he's just gonna retire and do nothing. He doesn't seem like Gordon who went on to win the Rolex 24 this year

f
Maybe he could make a proper sequel to NR03

He's probably still scarred mentally and physically from the ALMS fire.

F
I can't say i wasn't expecting this, i fact i just won a bet

Now, will nascar survive this? Because more than half of the audience are Jr fans that will just go

When the last time he didn't finish in the teens?

He's only famous because of Daddy.

Time traveler here. He dies before the season ends.

Repeating digits confirm.

not a sport, fuck off turnleft faggots

Yeah I've never understood his popularity. If his name was anything other than Dale Jr no one would care.

>Not retiring
>Definitely not retiring
>Nope no way, gonna keep racing for years
>lol j/k, this is my last year
See also >sneak and sodacookies

He should shitpost on Twitter during the races full time

Can't say I'm surprised. I've expected this for years.

I remember I once saw an interview where Dale said he might continue racing after he retired from cup. Probably just superspeedways. Any chance of this happening or is Dale some for good?

I wouldn't mind if Dale expands his team into the cup series. It would just be a HMS satellite, but still cool. #8 and Bowman.

Good, Nascar is already dead anyway

i can see him doing that, exactly like michael waltrip down to the eventually commentating, but doing the ownership/driving thing better than MW

What come on there's plenty of other great racers and personalities in the NASCAR to follow. Like Danica Patrick

F

too soon. I wanted him to get a Championship so bad.

He's already a better owner than Mikey

Dude, come on.

At least let him have some kids first to keep the line going, then he can commit racing seppuku.

That's how he got famous and got his start, but he did a good job managing his inherited fan base, putting himself out there and being friendly and relatively accessible.

You broke the time loop, friend. Thanks for sacrificing your timeline's stability to give Jr a chance.

Yeah, on his podcast a week or two ago, he talked about how it would be cool to do some late model racing and such.

He's a cool guy compared to most NASCAR drivers and has won a good amount of races

>25 wins in 600 races

Or some shit like that. He is a cool guy though which is another reason I don't understand hillbillies love for him.

Why.? Why are they all retiring so young? These new racers are such pre Madonnas.

>this kills the nascrab

>in his 40s
>took a bunch of concussions
>just got married

>late model
This would be great. I can definitely see the appeal in retiring from full time and just running a few races that you really want to be in. Never race a 1.5 mile again.

Same