Ask a guy who is about to watch interstellar the 5th time anything

ask a guy who is about to watch interstellar the 5th time anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-KfI6qZyoQw
youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw
youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it the 5th... Or have you just looped back in time and you're watching it for the first time again...

That’s 15 hours wasted....

the 5th time

such a shit film

Do you trust Matt Damon?

I like how they just abandon reality from the get-go.

What is reality?
If not a perceived view from electrified organic material.

You can’t be serious. Interstellar is probably one of the greatest films of our generation.

what part makes you cry

It's a film you autistic faggot.

For me, its the part where he watches 40 yrs of videos from his son then daughter.

my nibba

Pls explain the ending where the protagonist enters the black hole

google "interstellar explained"

Yeah but they claimed how it would be 100% scientific and they had black science guy work on the project to make it sciency. But it was just fucked

Please explain how Mackenzie Foy became less attractive and turned into Jessica Chastain

Just fanboy or you study this shit too?
Applied physics student here

Quads

no

not cheked

Seen it three times, good movie and McConaughey doesn't appear to have aids and they have the attractive supporting actress. Matt Damon is always a fuck up in these movies.

Satanic trips = eternal wisdom

So you realize he was dead the moment he entered the black hole right?

You're right.
It's a masterpiece.

I was bored from start to finish. The popcorn scenes. I get it crops failed why labour the point? Oh and the it's been years since you left the ship... Oh has it? Let's just move it along ..why bother putting it there so can be discarded?

Still dont saw It, And im not gonna

I love space, and everything that has to do with space. I thought the movie was fucking spectacular, but I can't help but point things out that are obviously unrealistic. There are so many things that just don't make any sense in the movie. Regardless, it's a fantastic movie.

well, he would've died when he got anywhere near the black hole, being simultaneously crushed and extruded

Not so wrong
youtu.be/-KfI6qZyoQw

So the only logical conclusion would be that everything after that was just what he was thinking about at the moment of death.

yeah, all that trippy shit exploring the 7th dimension after passing through a "tunnel", thinking about his kids suggests near-death experience

Well now I have hope for humanity now that I know at least one other person gets it.

Good film, but no.

One of the biggest things I usually point out if the scene where they are on the water planet. While they are on the planet, time dilation causes every hour or so to be years and years. The station orbiting the planet does not feel those effects though. It is stated in the movie that the time dilation effect is NOT from the planet, but from the black hole (This makes sense). However, if this is the case, the effects of time dilation would be felt on the station in orbit around the planet as well.

If an hour on the water planet is equivalent to so many years "earth time", then the maneuver into the black hole should have been hundreds, maybe thousands of years. I don't know how to do the math, but fuck, a LOT of time would've gone by after getting that close to gargantuan.

if the black hole is super massive like it was on the film, you don't get crushed nor extruded

A wild faggot appears.

he ded af bruh

y tho?

Do the stars think traps are gay?

Fucking greatest movie of all time. Saving up for the Hamilton's models that was specifically made for the Movie. The Day-Date was the one Matt Damon was wearing in interstellar and the one on the right was the one he gave to his daughter.

Movie is fucking retarded they go to the worst planet first.

DENIED

Sunshine > Interestellar

Who was the phone?

>Gathering hydrogen from a plantet 1000th the size of a sun to "kickstart" it's nuclear fusion again.
Sure.

>this

and i cant get over that there are half mile tall waves when apparently theyre just knee deep in the water

Sunshine is far more bullshit than interstellar if you consider the scientific facts.

But as an Interstellar fanboy I like sunshine, too.

Just forget about some science stuff and both movies are great.

Your generation have very low standards the. Interstellar is a good film, but far beyond great. Is, basically, a rip off of 2001 and Voices of a Distant Star with hard fiction to make it look cool.

the theory is that if the black hole is supermassive then the gravity density is more "spread out" meaning you could get closer, but not fly in and pass the event horizon with no effects on your body, i mean a black hole is a black hole, he should have been vaporized by all the trapped light around gargantua

the martian is pretty good too

>book fag here

they left a lot of the best scenes out from the book

>just thought id remind you im a book fag and that the movie wasnt as good as the book

Is it like inception? You have to watch it multiple times just to understand the plot?

In my opinion it is not a great movie if people start laughing in specific scenes in cinema. I don't usually watch movies to laugh, I watch it for fun and enjoying masterpieces, but not laughing.

i had to do it twice, but thats because i was doing an 8th oz of the shrooms the first time i saw it, i had to google the plot honestly

Nope, you don't have to. Throughout the movie, specifically near the end and in the end there comes the "ahhaaa, ooohh effect" and you start understanding some points of the movie.

Since I'm a huge fan of space-time things (not studying physics or other related stuff) I really love the movie and understood a lot from the beginning,

Here’s a show that Most thought would be cancelled after the third episode.

This shit ended up being surprisingly entertaining. Highly recommended.

Also in the episode ‘majority rule’ you see a guest actors perky Right off the bat.

A rip off of 2001? Have you even seen these two movies? Just because they are both in space and weird stuff happens doesnt make the movies the same. Two totally different director styles, two different main goals, one for survival one for the expansion of knowledge, and one about monolith left by a myerious source, and the other about black holes.
cuck

In my opinion the greatest movie I have ever watched. But I have to tell you guys I'm a huge Nolan and Zimmer fanboy. So that's why I'd rate it 10/10 instead of 7 or 8.

But the biggest fuck up was for me when they explained everything "with the power of love".
At that moment I was like "ooohh come on, you can't be serious". I still hate that fact to this day.

I watched the 3 movies, more than enough to noticed all the common themes and what make them different. As I said, a rip off of two movies and obviously you don't watched one of the ones I cited.

It's not a ripoff. Nolan himself said that it inspired him. He wanted to create "a modern 2001" fi you get what I mean.

dude YES, that shit really pissed me off, i wouldve been just fine if it was just gravity instead of love, cause that makes sense, we ALREADY KNOW he loved murph

the film is not that realistic, nasa already have a wrap drive concept ship that can go faster than light using the Alcubierre metric, so there's no need for alien black holes

And I thought I am the only one.

pic related

OK

felt asleep everytime ive tried to finish it.

never understood how people watch movies multiple times
seems retarded

sure watching it a second time to see what you might have missed is cool, but 5 times? the fuck?

Is your name Jeff?

The score is fucking amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw

youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

interstellar is Hans Zimmer's best work in my opinion

>Interstellar
thoughtful story about saving the humanity
>Martian
"I'm gonna science the shit out of this!"

This

You don't understand how tides work. It's the same thing with tsunamis.

do you like the movie?

>and i cant get over that there are half mile tall waves when apparently theyre just knee deep in the water

Uh, that's exactly how you would get mile high waves.

The movie was made in 2014, right? So, when was this nasa ship created?

Interstellar was okay, but like most sci fi it has a weird anticlimactic ending. I mean, he ends up a ghost in her goddamn bookcase. Come on.

Yeah.
He did some interesting things in Dunkirk too, but strangely fell back to idiotic things like orchestral violins at at least a couple of scenes, the ones that are meant to "tell the audience how to feel", like some Spielberg shit from the late 80s.

They explained this in the movie: the main module ("the endurance") was piloted by one of the robots (TARS, i think) to stay FLOATING IN SPACE OUTSIDE OF THE GRAVITATIONAL PULL OF THE PLANET/BLACK HOLE. They then took the lander down to the planet. So they were outside of the gravity field of the black hole and the planet and thus the guy in space wasn't affected by time dilation.

> stupid person that thinks he'll appear smart by calling an acceptably good sci-fi film "one of the greatest films of our generation".
> b-b-b-buh muh physics

do people unironically believe this, or is this just an ironic meme I don't know about

filled to the brim with scifi-space clicheés and topped with a resolution that would even make J.J. Abrams blush

Who created the black hole in the forst place?

So close my negro friend

it was left over from the big bang. a bunch of stars collapsed at that point in space

maybe he thinks a generation is only a year or two.

2001 is EXTREAMLY overrated. The first 20 mins is a documentary on monkeys and the last 20 mins shows what's it like to be high on LSD

Are you indian/ south asian? Just curious

>Not Contact
Pleb

turkish, why?

Then your generation is a bunch of stupid faggots.

Why haven't you done more with your life? Aren't you sad and at least a little ashamed that you haven't?

Today, 2001: A Space Odyssey is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential films ever made. In 1991, it was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the United States Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry. The critics' polls in the 2002 and 2012 editions of Sight & Sound magazine ranked 2001: A Space Odyssey sixth in the top ten films of all time; it also tied for second place in the directors' poll of the same magazine. In 2010, it was named the greatest film of all time by The Moving Arts Film Journal.

2001 was No. 15 on AFI's 2007 100 Years ... 100 Movies (22 in 1998), was named No. 40 on its 100 Years, 100 Thrills, was included on its 100 Years, 100 Quotes (No. 78 "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."), and HAL 9000 was the No. 13 villain in 100 Years... 100 Heroes and Villains. The film was also No. 47 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Cheers and the No. 1 science fiction film on AFI's 10 Top 10.

2001 is the only science fiction film to make the Sight & Sound poll for ten best films, and tops the Online Film Critics Society list of "greatest science fiction films of all time." In 1991, this film was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the United States Library of Congress and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry. In 2012, the Motion Picture Editors Guild listed the film as the nineteenth best-edited film of all time based on a survey of its membership. Other lists that include the film are 50 Films to See Before You Die (#6), The Village Voice 100 Best Films of the 20th century (#11), the Sight & Sound Top Ten poll (#6), and Roger Ebert's Top Ten (1968) (#2). In 1995, the Vatican named it as one of the 45 best films ever made (and included it in a sub-list of the "Top Ten Art Movies" of all time.)

In 2011, the film was the third most screened film in secondary schools in the United Kingdom.

your opinion is essentially shit

5th time?

Why are you such a fag?

are seriously posting that shit on Sup Forums?

tl;dr