Posted this yesterday, posting again

Posted this yesterday, posting again.

Need advice, Sup Forumsros,

I'm a surgical resident in NYC, been here for 1.5 years. I'm known to be a little immature and make a TON of dirty jokes/innuendos. They're all harmless, I've never solicited, groped, or touched anyone inappropriately.

On Friday, I was brought into 2 HR meetings, and subsequently put on Paid Admin Leave pending an investigation.

I could be wrong, but from what I've gathered, one of the interns complained to HR that I was making her uncomfortable (I don't know the extent of what she told HR, I can only assume it's that I asked her if she had "fun" on her date the previous night, or if she got laid).

Is this a fireable offense? I've never been approached by HR in the past ever. Obviously, I need to grow up and stop making these stupid jokes/innuendos.

I was supposed to meet with HR today, but due to "logistics", they rescheduled for tomorrow possibly.

I don't care if I get any disciplinary action, but I'm so scared of getting fired.

I talked to a lawyer friend who handles NYC discrimination/sexual harassment. What she told me to do was basically deny the big stuff, say that everything was misconstrued, and that I never meant to offend or advance on anyone (which IS the truth).

tl;dr: Am I getting fired?

depends on which way the investigation goes and how much shit she said turns out to be true.. or untrue

>LOGistics

Wow that’s pretty crazy, if you’re really on the level for surgical residency. That must pay well.

This does not sound good. I wonder if you’re more valuable than her to the company

cancer spam

How is that determination made?
I inquired about the investigation, they said that it's an objective look into both sides and all other sides, with final determination being made on credibility.

I'm a categorical resident, she is a preliminary 1st year resident looking to apply elsewhere for residency.

idek
it sounds like the whole he said she said and they make a decision as a group which one of you should stay.
sounds like she's looking for an easy way out.

She's already not staying, whereas I am (if I don't get fired).

if after they investigate and find out that it's deeper than you'll probably get fired, but it seems like you may be on a warning and be watched to see if there is any slip up.

As long as it wasn't physical harassment, only verbal, especially only twice or whatever, I'm sure they'll just make you take sensitivity training. It would be extremely harsh to fire you.

Learn to keep your mouth shut though. In this libcuck world it's head down, mouth shut if you want a job like that.

Define deeper: like I did more than joke with anyone? I DEFINITELY did not.

so she just decided to do this out of the blue right before she transferred to another place?
this shit is honestly fuckign retarded and if you really didn't say anything that bad you can blame her perverted mind for twisting your words

>I understand I make bad sexually charged jokes that make others feel uncomfortable
>is this an HR issue that gets people fired?

OP is a liar, people that went through several years of medical school and intense academic training are NOT this retarded.

boo hoo why do i have to be decent to other human beings who don't want to hear the stupid things i feel entitled to say it must be the libcucks fault

If you have fucked up at all in your job or made any enemies in management or among your peers they will absolutely use this as an excuse to fire you. I am an attorney for health licensing boards so I am the guy who takes licenses from docs and nurses. This is not the sort of incident my board (not in NY, I work in a southern state) would take action against, other than maybe sending you a threatening letter, so I wouldn't worry too much about your license unless you've got some other skeletons. The hospital could absolutely fire you for this though and you'd have no recourse unless they didn't follow procedure in some way, but even then you'd probably have to hire an attorney to figure that out and so something about it, potentially costing you tens of thousands of dollars win or lose.

If you're a good employee or have allies in management, expect to be sent to some sort of terrible class on boundaries. They may force you to pay for it as well, and it could be several thousand dollars. Do not make fucking jokes with people, EVER. EVER. Even if you think they're your friend or at least friendly towards you. DONT DO IT. It's unfortunate but that's the world we live in today.

And if you've fucked up any of your charting or orders with respect to controlled substances or billing, be ready to be fired and investigated by your medical board or HHS/state medicaid. Hire a lawyer immediately if that's the case and be 200% honest with them, and you can hopefully avoid public discipline or any kind of exclusion. There is no expungement of disicipline against a professional license, at least in most states I am familiar with, so once you get a black mark on your record it is there in perpetuity.

>the absolute state of the alt-right movement

Kek

it depends on how serious the allegations are.

this is absolutely something i'd expect from anyone smart enough to get away with it
stop being ignorant faggot

No, it's nothing like you mentioned.
I'm a 2nd year resident, I don't really have enemies or friends in management (I'm low on the totem pole). I certainly don't have any fuckups in charting or medications.

ALL it is is sexually charged jokes/comments, never with an intent to gain sex/solicit/anyone. I certainly have never asked for sex or touched anyone.

This is common sense, buddy. Unless you're a construction worker or some other blue collar guy, avoid the frat bro Chad shit. Coworkers aren't friends. Be careful what you say to women, or even within earshot of women, because it may cost you a job. You'll find yourself unemployed and sitting in a deposition as a named defendant in some pig's sexual harassment lawsuit.

>being ignorant of typical HR SOP
>”””””he’s smart”””””

Hilarious

False. (I'm a USMD student)

You'd be surprised how little social intuition and how much mental retardation some of my classmates possess.

gensurg?

They'll likely send you to a class unless they've had a bunch of this shit lately and the execs or the hospital attorneys are nervous about the consequences of yet another incident, especially if your """"victim"""" has threatened a lawsuit. I'd give you pretty decent odds for keeping your job, though. This situation sucks for you, but I hope you've learned a valuable lesson: The hospital is not a friendly place to work. Never trust anyone there.

It is sad in this day and age that all the planning I put into being a dirty old man in my golden years is being ripped away from me.

lol get fucked

>entitlement

>but I hope you've learned a valuable lesson: No one wants to hear your shit jokes at any capacity

Fify

Samefag trying way too hard.

lol no, you're just a piece of shit trying too hard

Get banned faggot