Have you ever tried mushrooms? If so, what was your experience like?

Have you ever tried mushrooms? If so, what was your experience like?

>hey guys
>OP here
>today I'm going to demonstrate absolute retardation in the form of ignoring literal search engines
>because the people of Sup Forums are so much more descriptive and easier to understand than the hundreds of essays written on this

They taste like dirt.

I do mushroom like one every month or something ask me anything.

Only if you don't like mushrooms

Can I find some in the wild ? I am just curious to try shrooms at least once in my life.

Yes I do all the time. But it has to be the right area and season. Usually like mid to late spring.

I use them all the time. The ones in OP's image are great on a chef salad.

My wife will sometimes sauté them with onions for a BBQ’d steak. It’s pretty good but makes the meal much heavier.

Pretty cool. The chef where I worked fried me up some portobello mushrooms.

All good experiences on my end. I love grilled portobello with a lil bit of garlic oil salt pepper and basil, delicious

The ones they sell in the produce section of grocery stores are pointless. No texture and no flavor, like eating used toilet paper.
Cloud-ears, now, with them there are a few possibilities. Julienned and steamed with baby carrots, then finished in a Szechuan orange sauce -- that turns out exceedingly well.

Delicious. Have her try green chiles instead of onions sometime. You'll be hooked.

Damn that sounds really good

They're gross. I hate them. Plus the doc says I shouldn't eat them for one reason or another.

My step dad loves them and even he says they taste like dirt therefore your argument is invalid.

These are the ones you want

Chiles *and* onions. The only way. It's what makes a tinga a tinga.

Oh, it is. Dice the mushrooms into fairly small pieces, and go easy on them--you want the chiles to be the dominant flavor. A bit of back pepper added during the sauté, and top your steak with it. Awesome.

This

>All civilisations eat them
>Japs eat them by the buckets and live longest
>1 Doc says don't eat them
Listen to doc

Love baby bella mushrooms, in omelets or sauces. But you have to wash them first so they don't taste like dirt.

That's one ugly plant

>implying that mushrooms could ever be the dominant flavor

I enjoy portabellos and creminis. On pizza they are delicious. Also hrrrng truffle oil.

A trip on an empty stomach with a dose that I was NOT prepared for that consisted of a very intense urge to collapse into myself. Like if it was possible for my entire physical being to devolve back into a fetus, or possibly a single molecule, I would have. Felt like I was returning to the womb. Shit was weird. Peak was terrifying but the comedown was the smoothest, most calm experience. It was a beautiful feeling.

Compared to acid, it's a much more mellow high.

But so beautiful

Yeah, I realized it sounded a bit silly after I sent it. Better to have just mentioned to go easy on the mushrooms.

Better?

i find them chewy, so i prefer just pepperoni and extra cheese

>plant

I was hanging out with a friend who had just gotten through a pretty rough break up, and his other friend was over. Eventually we got bored and I went to hang out with the other friend. I didn't know this guy at all so of course I decide to do mushrooms at his house and drink a six pack and a half. Little did I know this guy was really into this sex MMO, and he just starts playing it out of nowhere. He finds this guy named Jim Dandy. I told him to call him Jim Daddy, and he got banned. He was salty, but I just thought it was funny. There was also this thing about his ex-girlfriend's mom having sex with someone else and he was salty about that too. So we started listening to music, my hands started leaving trails. I was showing him stoner metal and he started showing me white supremacist bands. I was way too fucking gone to leave so I started showing him shit about the prison industrial complex, I don't think I moved his opinion what so ever though. As I fell asleep I thought about how our muscles work, and how a "soul" is just neurochemical reactions forming a concept of self. I never hung out with that guy again. It gives you a stomach ache the next day though.

Skinny boi fegit

it's a fungi, my dude

Its not the size of your mushroom m8. It's all about potency.

From what I've noticed personally, shrooms are like nature to lsds man, different perspectives of the same trip, almost a different theme. My first trip was on shrooms and I highly recommend doing it once if you haven't before, amazing trip if done in a good setting and headspace.

Slice them thick, fry in butter and dump them on top of your steak.

I like how half the thread assumed food, and the other half assumed magical mushrooms.

postin shrums

And I think you can cut the food half in half again

Get it right and it's amazing. Start slow with dried cubensis, 1 gram to begin with.
Now the hardcore guys are gonna say "uh eat 3 grams you pussy". Just don't.
Everyone reacts differently.
For me 1.7-2.3 grams is perfect.

Remember that they fuck with your stomach, expect gassy cramps in the beginning. Maybe vomit. But that just the first couple times.

I have, a lot, actually.

My experiences were all good.

I believe it is important for humans and their closed off, boxed-in minds to experience the things nature has to offer.

Some things show us that the world we see, how we view it in our slice of dimension and time, is not all that there is.

These natural tools are here to help us realize this, and live better because of the awareness these tools can show us.

Just eat 'em you fuckin' pussy.

My experiences were great. It felt like being a kid again. Everything is fascinating. Look at some cool space shit while tripping. Also smoke some blunts. Make a playlist and listen to some good tunes. Just stay put. Wouldn't recommend leaving where ever your tripping from. Doing it alone is pretty lame. Invite some buddies

they taste pretty good, like soft chewy almonds. Can make tea from it too by boiling them in water.
Basically 10 hours of being retarded, feeling a bit drunk and seeing a bit of shit. Unlike average amounts of LSD you actually can hallucinate visuals Instead of imaging them.

I fucking drove on shrooms. But I was like 18 and wouldnt do it again. Was like flying a spaceship.

Dude your crazy... I would have died or killed someone else. My friend wandered outside the apartment i was tripping at one time with a comforter over her head and jumped on the pool at the complex. She freaked and thought she was on quick sand. So we had to execute a rescue mission while like five of us were fucked beyond belief.

Also drink some orange juice op. Vitamin c helps speed up the tripping process

I find criminis to be the best.

If they bruise blue, they are likely the right kind to have fun with. Be careful not to eat the wrong kind. A few look similar, but the wrong kind will not bruise blue.

Also op expect to trip all night. This is a 12 hr experience. You can't trip the next day either. So if you have left overs save them for another day. Preferably the week after or next month.

Not much, but my favorite story from shrooms is just a friend calling to check on me
>Hows it going?
>I dont know

That gave me a hearty chuckle. Thanks user. Its been awhile since i have last tripped. Might have to do it soon. Cheers.

I took 1.5 Grams of pretty thick, blue looking mushrooms last saturday, and I saw Star Wars : The Last Jedi. IT WAS AMAZING!! But unfortunately for the last 3 days i've been having reoccurring nightmares in which Luke tries to kill me.... At this point im starting to consider professional help. I havent been able to sleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time before Luke shows up. Its almost like a Nightmare on Elm street kind of deal.... Im scared, and I probably will not take shrooms again

No, I assumed 'naive child.'

No. I knew OP meant magic mushrooms, so I brought up food to deflect and annoy.

Google Paul Stamets or Dennis McKenna

SAme I mostly grew out of drugs, but shrooms, weed and alcohol are ok to still do. maybe even lsd, but shrooms costs less and are more intense and more sure fire as lsd can be pretty weak depending on the form its in.

Likewise. Drinking a beer atm. Love bud. Havent done shrooms in a hot minute. Never done Lsd. Had some acid though. Never again.