He's never put on In the Wee Small Hours at 2 AM, while getting drunk and thinking about the one that got away

>he's never put on In the Wee Small Hours at 2 AM, while getting drunk and thinking about the one that got away

What is your excuse?

I do this alot. Except I contemplate how I wasted my life

I don't need to contextualize my depression and failed relationships with a rosy-eyed view of the 1950s that I never experienced and never existed

This sounds like an awful idea lol please less suicide bait threads on my Sup Forums

I don't drink alcohol and I have a good relationship with my woman.
What's your excuse for making stupid decisions?

You clearly havent listened to it. It could have been made today

I don't need an excuse since that album sucks

>t.

Why so hateful

>t. plebs who never listened to a Sinatra album

>the one that got away
You have mental illness, genuinely rethink your life you delusional fuck

The fuck are you talking about?

It's unlike the rest of Sinatra's output, it really is a great album.

nobody gets away from me because I don’t have relationships

suck it fag

why would i want to unbottle all my emotions user I've just added even more to the bottle

If you liked it, listen to Only the Lonely and No One Cares.
They have the same melancholic sound to it. It's his trilogy of depressing albums.

Just picked it up and listened to it for the first time today, I didn't expect to hurt so much.

It's a pretty brutal album. Also a pretty jarring experience for those who have only heard "happy" Sinatra.

Listen to No One Cares next. SInatra himself called it a "suicide album."

Capitol were skeptical of the album at first since their poptimist execs thought it was too maudlin to have any commercial appeal.

Well, it is kind of what would happen if /r9k/ made an album.

I like them, don't get me wrong - and I even like his other stuff like the hits - but they don't touch this album. And it's a shame because if they had, he would be critically far more respected, but most people just dismiss him as a crooner because he never maintained the quality in output.
Not that he probably gave a shit really, got rich doing what he did.

Not at all. ITWSH is primarily about breaking up with a girl and being down in the dumps because of it. That feeling doesn't apply to /r9k/ since they've never actually been with a girl in the first place.

>Also a pretty jarring experience for those who have only heard "happy" Sinatra
The songs of his that most casuals have heard are the poppy stuff like New York, New York and That's Life because (obviously) they're more radio-friendly.

This was just after Sinatra had fallen into career limbo in the early 50s and divorced his first wife (and mother of his kids) and he'd actually attempted suicide in 1953 after seeing Eddie Fisher take his place as the premier teen idol in America, so I think he needed to get a lot of this stuff off his chest.

Drunk, nah, but I do like music of this style since it's a good unwinder and helps the more reflective moments of life.

Only the Lonely and No One Cares are better

Okay, how about this?

Sounds like a bitter bitch.