What's b's thoughts on biking? Something worth picking up and trying out or a complete waste of fucking time?

What's b's thoughts on biking? Something worth picking up and trying out or a complete waste of fucking time?

Most people crash within there first year of owning one... a shocking amount

Definately worth picking up, alot of fun and if you have a kid or dad, something to do with them, a fix up. Alot of fun but be careful no one fucking sees you on the road

Most accidents are actually with people aged 45 to 55 according to insurance companies, usually yea first time riders but still fun little tid bit

I was thinking about giving it a go. I don't think I'd ride all the time since I have a car, but I still have a ton of hesitation if it's worth it.

Thanks that's what I've heard. I live in Nevada so the weather is pretty good for it plus the roads outside the city are pretty empty.

Any thoughts on the vulcan? My buddy is selling his 2006 1500 for 1800 bucks. Seems like a decent deal.

Just finished all lower 48 States by bike, lots of fun, but those fuckers in cages often do not see you and pull out in front of your bike. Enjoy, but be careful.

Started driving a bike because I didn't have enough to buy another car, after it broke down.
Bought a cheap ass Honda 150 cc for 700 dlls. Ended up loving it. I've been driving for about two years already.
Now that I'm making a little bit more money, I'm thinking of buying a real motorcycle with a big engine, the only thing stopping me is that I might pursue my PhD in another country, so the bike would stay here... so.. I'm thinking of saving up that money and buying it over there.
I would definitely keep on riding bike until I either die or I'm too old.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Specially if it hasn't been used that much.

Thanks for the input. I've only ever ridden mopeds but I really fucking enjoyed even those.

Take a weekend MSF riding course. By the end of the weekend you'll either love riding and have what you need for your MC license/endorsement, or you'll hate it but still have gained an appreciation for bikers.

That's a good idea. It would be a good thing to learn. I think it's like a 3 days course that goes over theory and you get range time the last two days.

I own a sport bike and bro its fuckin awesome you'll love it as long as the weather is nice. Rain is sketchy imo. But yea i love doin 170 down the highway past cars

Hands down the best decision I made in high school. Waited and saved up for a year, took the MSF class, and bought a Triumph Adventurer 900 a few weeks after.
Definitely worth taking the course, at least to see if you like it. It's not hard at all, especially if you already know how to drive manual, and the feeling of an engine between your legs is something you can't get anywhere else.

I bought a CBR250R for $1800. It's slow but light, good to learn the basics and won't lose much value. I recommend starting with something slow. Don't try to be cool. Most people who fuck up do it trying to be cool.

>CBR250R

I was thinking the vulcan 1500 would be slow enough. It's pretty damn big so it might be a little challenging to get used to off the bat.

You think it's too quick/difficult to start on?

Started with Vulcan nomad. Warning: it is extremely top heavy and you will need to practice manuvering at low speeds a bit. Once you get the hang of it it's a breeze. Plenty of passing power without being overwhelming for a beginner.

It's not as much about speed as size and power. A 1500 is a lotta bike to start out with. I'd recommend staying under 1000 for a starter.

Much appreciated fellas

>170 past cars
Please take that momentum and speed yourself into the nearest wall and die. Thanks, all drivers everywhere

I almost died because some stupid bitch wasn't paying attention. I had several close calls over the years, none were ever my fault but other people. If you do choose to get a motorcycle, always wear proper protective gear.

as a fellow rider, save that for an empty road or the track. this is why we get a bad rep

>ctrl-f
>dualsport
>0 results

It's good enough. It's cheap, relatively new, has a decent size engine, and insurance is cheap. Normies will think you're cool cause most of them can't tell the difference between a Vulcan and a Harley so you might even get some puss out of it. Harley riders are douchebags though so careful around them, they'll give you shit for owning a nip cruiser.

Pic related, my bike.

oops

Lol'd at nip cruiser. Thanks for the advice!

No problem. Have fun!

Nice way to sever your spinal cord in an accident

Shut the fuck up Mort Goldman

fuck you ya family guy watching piece of shit,suck asphalt nigger

>Take a weekend MSF riding course
this

found the squid

Get that a lot. "Wow, I didn't even see you there."
well i'm glad one of us was paying attention...
>always wear proper protective gear
this++

But if you don't watch Family Guy how'd you know what I was talking about, huuuuuuuuhhh?????

Google, you crack hoarding spear chucker, have you heard of it?

Try it, but at least have an organ donor card in your wallet when you crack that egg head of yours.

So, you saw my comment, thought, "Who's Mort Goldman?" Went to Google, searched for him, saw it was Family Guy, came back here and responded? Kek.

Lost my brother-in-law, 2 cousins, 3 friends all younger then 30 and have actually seen 2 people killed in bike accidents. I also have a friend who is doing 15 years for turning in front of a biker and killing him.

Do the world a favor and get one so you can help lower the population.

Bikes are for young people in their 20s but sadly only middle age guys with stable job can afford them, prices are way too high and there are no interesting models for cheap, just used

I'm 22, had a bike when I was younger (and crashed it), now I'm saving for a Kawasaki KLM, gonna use it for medium trips and keep it in my uni town

Definitely something I love

>Jap bikes are for young people in their 20s
FTFY

Going to my friends funeral in a week. He was riding his bike when some ass wipe turned in front of him. He did not die instantly he was brain dead for 2 days before his mom had them pull the plug. It was all captured on his helmet Go Pro cam. So get a helmet cam.

Completed mine earlier this year in New Jersey to not have take the DMV test on my dual sport. Also can get you lower insurance rates

Sorry for your loss. And I always ride with one, cops never believe bikers

This. Dual sports are the most fun you can have on 2 wheels, they can go anywhere.

Yea just be careful and go real slow until you're comfortable. Dont be an idiot get to 50 and then flop it on the first corner.

Just go slow around corners because they are very tall. You can pick up an already street legal, early 2000's dirt bike for under $2,500 in good condition all times of year. I ride a 04 wr250f

They'll still stick to lines pretty well, even with knobbies.

There's one hairpin turn in one of the local canyons I enjoy where I can scrape pegs going around it.

No doubt you can with experience. I just don't want someone's to get a dirt bike and lay it over in the first corner because they weren't prepared for it.
Wish I had some windy roads here. All flat and sandy in NJ

Good news is dirt bikes crash really well.
Scratch up some plastics? Big fuckin deal, it's a dirt bike. At least it's getting ridden.
Parts are cheap, because it's a dirt bike. Same for insurance, because >lol only 450cc

I put new plastics on every few years. About $100 for a full set.

Also, on learning to ride ... do it in the dirt. Figure out how to work the clutch, brakes, throttle, etc in low-traction situations like dirt.
Then when you're on the pavement, the controls are natural to you. And when the rear tire starts to slide out in a patch of gravel turning into a parking lot ... the reaction is natural.

And wear your fucking gear.

Bikers are scum. Sandniggers of the road.