CHEAP STUFF TO EAT, PREPARE AND BUY

CHEAP STUFF TO EAT, PREPARE AND BUY

So, I left my parents house today and I'm very short on money (less than 100 bucks)

I want recipes, tips, whatever the fuck you guys can give me of food that's cheap so I can survive for 1 month

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/izjK8CjfxvY
youtube.com/watch?v=1t7Ie8E4GHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NOOdles meat and tortillas

eat a log faglord

Find your calorie intake, and reach that calories, if your fat% is high use this siituation to lose some fat :D

I need to feed me and another person, and I'd rather keep us both healthy

lol dude

unfortunately, I'm skinny
What's a good/cheap source of protein, by the way?

>healthy
>month of food for $100

Pick juan

Rice, ramen, look for nearby events with free food you can load up on.

Peanut butter, ground beef, chicken fish

Bags of Potatoes
Eggs in bulk
dry rolled oat meal is cheap as fuck
Store brand Peanut butter is cheap
Cheapest bread
frozen veggies are cheap as fuck
buy cheap coffee or tea to curb hunger
hot sauce to make things taste better
take salt and pepper packets from fast food places, also napkins

rice and beans are super cheap have protein taste pretty good with different combos of seasoning and can be stretched far af. eggs are also cheap and easy and be combined with rice as well

less than 100
Am I this fucked? I mean, I'm starting my life right now from scratch, and I'll be able to work only after 12 january

I used to look for these events, but now they are becoming rare around here

I ate peanut butter once, never had quicker diarrhea
But ground beef is an excelent choice, I'll jolt it down user, thanks

Hotdog pasta.
Just boil some bowtie pasta
Cook hotdogs
And use a tomato based sauce

Basically youre fucked. Go get a job or you will be more screwed then you anticipated for

Where I live, fresh veggies are so much cheaper than frozen ones. I pay 1/3 of the price for the same amount, I guess I'm lucky. I spend 10 bucks on 1 week of vegetables, if I want to eat a big sallad full of diversity

I'm very cheap fuck, I already stored some salt and pepper packets before.
And all your other tips were great, thanks my dude, appreciate it

Eggs, but have more healthy fats than prots, tuna is the cheaper, chicken breast, aim for 0,5 x your weight in pounds.But in your case if youa re skinny yo ushouldnt be worried about maintaining any muscle really, so just eat what you feel like it, actually im in the same situation as your right now hahaa, i'm eating milk with oatmeal, some peanut butter and chicken breast with rice to "survive"

Sell blood and plasma, your can make $40 to $25 a visit

Ramen, lots of ramen. Buy seasoned salt to add flavor.

>rice cooker
>frying pan
>pot
>spatula

>salt
>black pepper
>beans
>beef and chicken (mostly chicken)
>brown rice
>olive oil or some shit
>mixed vegetables

>cook brown rice in rice cooker
>boil mixed vegetables
>pan fry beef and chicken
>thoroughly drain mixed vegetables
>finish fry by stir frying meat with mixed vegetables
>add salt and black pepper
>mix in rice as well (fried rice, maybe get some friend rice mix from the Asian market), or have rice on the side
You might get tired of it, but you can eat it every single day. Make sure that the mixed vegetables have a variety of vegetables.

youtu.be/izjK8CjfxvY

Also this or even a sperm bank if you dont have mongoloid sperm cells

get a giant bag of rice and a giant bag of beans (I'm talking like 3 month supply here). Buy whatever meat is on sale that week, season and add veggies. Boom there's your prep for the next 3 months or so.

Add eggs to that for more of a fried rice.

lol, I'll be able to make it quick and cheap, thanks dude!

I know I'm actually fucked to the brim my dude, I need to study in the meantime to enter a job that can provide me 20.000/month
I'm studying like mad to accomplish this, and I need some energy
In the meantime, I try to borrow money from some friends
If I fail the test, i'll start working ASAP

Rice
Eggs
Beans
Veggies
And you're done.
My dad's asian.

Your brain works best when you've gotten consistent good nights of sleep and have consistently maintained a healthy and adequate diet.

oh, nice to see someone surviving just like me, we can do it my dude!
I'll buy eggs tomorrow when the store open, and maybe I'll have to make some forced fastings...

it's forbiden here where I live, unfortunately

I made seasoned salt on my house before, it was cheaper that way, but thanks for reminding me user

OP I've been a broke-ass student for a while and I found a good recipe that I've been eating regularly. It's filling, nutritious and I'm not sick of it yet.

2 Lipton Instant Rice packs of your choice (1.00 each)

1 can vegetable medley/mixed vegetables (.80 cents if you get store brand- they're literally canned vegatables, they're not going to be any different from actual quality brands)

1 can of beans (also .80 cents or so)

make the rice by its recipe (usually low to med heat for 8-12 mins) and add the beans and vegetables. Add salt/pepper/whatever sauce you like/may have.

It's good, filling, nourishing and makes enough to last 3 days if you're a fat fuck. If you're better at portion sizes you can probably space it out for 5 days (one meal a day with this)

Not for 2 people at 100 bucks a month.

Look up your local food bank, they usually give out canned food, bread, and fruit for free and dont require ID.

Yea i been there bro i went to school 45 hours a week and worked 40 hours a week for 18 months but you just gotta do it if you want to survive. I had an apartment to pay for with all the other miscellaneous bullshit that happens in life and managed it fine. I was also selling alot of pot and any other drugs i could get

Tuna in the cans is cheap af, tortila, ramen, rice, ground chicken is really cheap in where i live, dont forget some veggies and dont buy more than you can eat because you gonna start wasting food, dont buy chips cuz they are waste of money dont buy drinks, drink water and tea or some coffe. look at the prices before you buy. most of the product prices differ in most shops so go around different shops and check in what you should buy at which shop. gl man

compared to what I ate today (a banana and 2 slices of bread with a little slice of cheese, and lots of water) this is fucking food of the gods dude! Thank you so much man, appreciate it!

I'll buy stuff life this dude, I made the calculations and it's going to be so much cheaper

Buy bulk rice.

staples:
>rice
>beans
>noodles
>cans of tuna
>flour n cornstarch, occasionally yeast (learn to make bread and pancakes from scratch)
>oatmeal
>potatoes
>multivitamin

seasons: (buy one per week, starting with salt)
>salt
>seasoned salt
>sugar
>black pepper
>garlic
>chili powder
>sage

commons needs:
>butter (buy tubs of vegetable spread like country crock)
>powdered milk (cheaper than milk per gallon, lasts longer too)
>instant eggs (or a dozen if your feelin rich)

there, food. your staples (besides tuna) are less than a dollar a pound and full of calories. good luck dude and be careful with your weight. if you start losing weight quickly eat more beans and be slightly more active to maintain your muscles best you can.

I've been unemployed for over a year now, and my savings are just about gone. I dumpster dive behind supermarkets for free food.

You'd be surprised at how much usable stuff gets thrown out. Sometimes I get so much stuff I bring it down to the local food bank so other broke-ass bastards can be helped.

>steal salt
>pay for eggs
>pay for veggies
>pay for coffee
>steal salt
w h a t. you retarded?

dont sleep on dollar tree. usually ones in big cities or college towns are very very nice

>my dad's asian.
Ye, I can tell it

It's been some nights since I could sleep right man... but now I'm "safe" away from my parents, I'll really struggle to sleep better

I used to do something close from your recipe to save money earlier this year, it's really delicious and I never got tired of eating it
My gf has problems with beans tho, but we can cook something else

There's nothing like that around here where I live
Where are you from?

wow, you survived a long time dude!
I never messed with drugs, it's not part of my life, but I'm trying to sell my coin collection to get some money
Maybe I can get, I don't know, 50 bucks in the process

wow man, tuna in a can is very expensive around here, like, 15 bucks for 1 can
but chicken on the other side is very cheap, 10 bucks for 1,5kg
also, wasting food: you're fucking right
Last month I bought a lot of food that was wasted because I was dumb and thought that I could store it better (veggies don't survive a long time cooked inside a refrigerator)
I'm picking the stuff I can buy to keep a long time and those I need to buy every week fresh
appreciate your tips dude

I learned a recipe of pancakes that rocks, it's cheap and very easy to do
never made bread tough, but I have a friend that makes a delicious bread, I'll get his recipe, thanks for reminding me

The house that I'm crashing into already has some salt and sugar, but the rest is lacking
I'll make a list ASAP
Thanks for all the tips and the care man, really appreciate it

that's to sad and humane my man, I really wish people wouldn't put good food on the trash, it would be perfect if everyone could have good stuff to eat
Good luck surviving, finding another job and thriving my man. You deserve it, we deserve it

>gf has problems w/ beans

that is unfortunate, beans are a great cheap source of protein. Being vegetarian they're important for me lol. I don't know if there is any meat as cheap as that that could also last that long. Maybe double up on the vegetables? Lord knows there's a fuck ton of them out there.

Maybe get an eggplant and dice that shit up, put some spice on it, and add it to the rice mix?

dollar tree usually has all these things listed, you can get 8 eggs for a dollar, they also sell milk, frozen veggies (small selection), rice, tuna in a can, liter sodas. they dont do bulk items tho, also they have frozen meals just remember, dollar TREE is the one where everything is a dollar

the eggplant is a good choice too dude! I know a recipe of lasagna made with eggplant that's cheap and super delicious

you guys are amazing my friends, I found better care here than in my home with my parents for the last 3 years
Thanks people

I'm not american, but there are some stores like this dollar tree where I live. Frozen meals aren't an option to buy, but I used to freeze my food when I was working (I woke up 5am and came back 2pm every day), so I could eat faster and study more

its 50c a can here so it was worth a shot to offer, with veggies it is probably best to buy frozen, cheaper and still a veggie is a veggie.
also try this simple recipe, had my doubts about the taste but it was really good:
black beans in a can (strain them),
white bread (toast it),
just put the beans straight from the can (after you strain them ofc) on the toast, some salt and peeper on top, few dabs of hot sauce and vuala fucking tasty as hell, cheap and easy to make

I was very poor

Ramen noodles
Bags of apples
Steamed broccoli
Oatmeal
Milk
Bananas

If you can afford it:
Bread
Peanut butter
Eggs
Jelly
Coffee
1 small meat, one or to pieces (bites) a week

Buy everything at Aldi, you'll be golden

really i asked a homeless guy what he ate and he said he simply survived off of peanutbutter and bread. and cheap veggies like carrots and corn(if in season)

poor is poor man, we need to survive somehow. At the risk of sounding like a fucking hippie, money can really separate people from their humanity. Life is fucking difficult enough as it is, there's no need to hate someone for wanting to survive.

thats smart, freezing some foods also makes them last longer, you can make scrambled eggs in a breakfast burrito type thing add proteins and freeze and pop in the microwave for a minute or so when ready to eat

>Not for 2 people at 100 bucks a month.
That's not even enough for a single person that's physically active.

oh yeah oatmeal is fuckin great, so many different ways you can make it. a pinch of salt, banana slices, some cinnamon and i'm set

Lobster tails with some butter is pretty good.

never heard of this recipe with beans
I really love them, I can prepare something else for my gf

what the fuck dude, poor? You lived some really bad times. Hope you're better now

that's just sad man, seeing people survive like this always breaks my heart

dude, I really get it: money makes all the difference. I'm feeling it in my skin right now

after a week, beets, potatoes and carrots (all very cheap where I'm from) start to taste funny and smell bad. That's the longest I can store them

dehydrated fruit might last longer if youre a fruit person, and you can put it in oatmeal and once its wet it tastes like real fruit.

yes... I really know it
I'm fucking sacred to hell at the thought of how are we both going to survive

fuck you dude, I'm so hungry right now

well, have any recipe to dehidrate at home? Where I live, dehidrated food costs twice the price of normal fruit

not OP, but oatmeal is a tricky thing for me. I love how filling it can be, but it's like a bad night of vodka. If you get oatmeal that's too old/mealy, it can make you throw up just thinking about it.

I'm dry heaving just typing it out.

yo can actually by normal fruit and use your oven (itll take a long time, about 6-8 hours)
> Just turn it to the lowest setting, cut your fruit and veg into ¼ inch slices, and put them in the oven on a lined sheet pan for as long as they need, usually 6 to 8 hours.
>If you don't want to wait this long, you can compromise by bumping the oven up to 225°F, though the results will be a little less traditionally dehydrated (though I recommend this approach for dehydrating apples).

you can also google dehydrate fruit in oven!

Apples, Bananas , Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Rice, Beans, Deli meat that's cheap(buy small amounts because it'll expire fast af). If you have access to a smart phone make sure to download one of those apps that allow you to get rebate from your receipts and coupons(Ibotta is one iirc). Good luck user, don't really know your story but if you're taking care of another person too make sure to get a decent income that you can support yourselves on asap.

I have a big folder of lifehacks that I never read
I found some food stuff

I tried making that sandwich once or twice. I don't like the idea. Just a ridiculous mess, and you sacrifice the best part of the bread to make it.

You're better off keeping the egg inside the sandwich.

6-8 hours isn't a long time... I'm really worried about how much gas is going to be spent in this adventure

I can work only after 12 jan, until then, I need to survive with the person I told earlier
but when I get my license to work... I'll be able to make at least 300-400/day when I find job. This way, I can have 900-1200/week if I work 3 night shifts

yes, it seems stupid after reading your comment... thanks for saving me some cents dude

Sardines

beans and toast are the best, had doubts before i tried but once i tried i eat it like once a week as a snack and it fills you up.
and if your gf doesnt like thats not a big deal because you only get around 4-6 pieces of toast with a can of beans so i dont think she will mind if you gonna eat that with toast in the morning while she gets eggs and toast. also another tip if you live by the lake, river sea or some sort of water saurce and you have fishing rod try fishing on your free time. fresh fish for free and you get some time for yourself. can forget about all the shit is happening and just chill even if you dont like fish its good to eat it from time to time

sardines tomato soup,lg bx spaghetti,ham. aldis canned veggies ( mex type sardines,purdy cheap),granola for dessert,frozen oj,,dumpster dive at local small type healthfood stores,ask when they empty trash & expired food,bring a strong backpack,and gramma type pincers..long enough to reach the dumpster bottom & grab yummy looking food they tossed out,this cuts your expense in half again

looks good eh?

sadly there's no river around here =/
I love fish dude, I could eat it eveyrday. I'm gonna try the beans+toast, seems good enough

dude, where I live the dumpsters have rows... not a choice my man
But about the other stuff, seems magnificent
Dudes, I'm going to sleep now, I have to wake up at 8am (it's 3am here where I live)
wish me luck my deaf friend with faces I'll never see, but that will always live inside my heart as people that tried to help me, even though they don't know me

Thanks you guys so much
Better luck for all of us that live badly right now
Appreciate all the tips

that sort of flamboyant preparation for food drives me nuts. It's food- it's nice if it looks a little better than brown/gray goop, but if you have to pay for something that looks neat, then I'm not paying for it.

Food goes into your mouth and out your asshole- I have difficulty seeing the point in the artistic presentation people bend over backwards for.

Granted this one-eyed jack sandwich isn't close to some of the pretentious shit I've seen, but the idea is extra work for less substance. Asinine.

Don't mind me, it's just one of my biggest pet peeves.

Like this shit youtube.com/watch?v=1t7Ie8E4GHc

you could always take a few slices and attempt trying it in your microwave/toaster oven! but only a few so you dont waste much. i do think its worth a few slices to try because this could lengthen your fruits life.

>mongoloid sperm cells

Lost

soy has estrogen as well. eat it for too long and your muscles will atrophy unless you're a femanon

Just buy diced onion instead (the ones in a shaker already) good luck user.

pesto pasta chicken. 1 small jar and 0.3 kilo chicken feeds you for 4 days, good to add some mozarella
arabiata sauce is piss easy and fast to make too
soups are easy too, they just take some time to prep

and green pesto beats red
green pesto master race

Go to Walmart or any grocery store and get a loaf of French or Italian bread. Usually around 1-2$

other things that come to my mind is zucchini filled with layers of minced meat/cheese cook in the oven 120*C about half an hour (time depends on how much meat you used)
learn to make crepes, you can eat them with basically anything so crepes with ham/cheese/beans/peppers/cauliflower makes for a half decent poor man's dinner.
fridged french dough is your friend, wrap it around anything, bake to golden color, eat.
salads sound fun but they're not worth the effort, do just 1-2 vegetable salad at once, rotate the veggies.

These recipe pictures are entertaining as fuck, I want a thread dedicated to these.

Cats and dogs are good eating or a squirrel if you can catch one.

eat like a fucking asian...
pack your food out with flavor and rice or noodles. or even pasta.

Meat is your main cost.
eat just enough meat to be satisfied and add flavor, then cook noodles, pastas, rice dishes, add your spices and sauce. easy left overs.
gets you full on a small price.

>a cat is fine too