ITT: Depressing movies, movies that put you in a bad mood...

ITT: Depressing movies, movies that put you in a bad mood, and make you feel depressed helpless lonely and offer little happiness and joy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM
youtu.be/outHQjynV94?t=73
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dancerinthedark.pdf

Requiem for a meme is total trash

Op here and you're correct

Pusher is pretty devastating.

Just watch any scandinavian flick. Those fuckers are all depressed.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is depressionkino

RFAD felt like propaganda to me.

2deep
4u

it's literally pleb trash

It's actually 2shallow4me

kids do drugs things go to shit
remember kids winners don't use drugs
the end

It's not even about drugs

Avatar makes me feel like that even if I just see an advertisement for it

The Road.

I thought this movie thought it was better than it was, I got a smug feel from it

This one depends on the version you see. The theatrical has a positive ending. The Directors/Final cut are more sombre.

essential bleakcore

How the fuck is Requiem For A Dream any of those? They were all drug users that got what they deserved.

Underage prostitution brought to you by McDonalds and Nike.

>How the fuck is Requiem For A Dream any of those? They were all drug users that got what they deserved.
Agree

Obligatory

My fav movie and I'm an alcoholic.

Makes me feel depressed because they got away with such blatant plagiarism.

If the premise reminds you of your own life,that's the depressing movie you are looking for.

do you bitch about Star Wars & Raiders since they lifted scenes from other movies as well?

Tangerines

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM

>They were all drug users that got what they deserved.
Not the Jewish mom. She didn't deserve any of that at all. Movies still bleak as fuck.

Jesus Christ people recommending shit like Oldboy and Alien...
This is the only good recommendation so far:

>Jewish
>knowingly takes drugs
Yeah, no. She deserved it.

>bleak as fuck
Yeah, if you're a drug user

I know right? It's a depressing movie thread, not a shit movie thread.

>I am literally incapable of empathizing with another human being if they aren't exactly like me

>Hollywood garbage

I don't even consider their existence, they are fedora incarnate, cheeto dust on celluloid.

How about Eden Lake? Can't watch it because a friend showed me how it ends.

Eden lake makes me angry more than depressed.

this meme is so shit. I believe that's called a coincidence.

EHSS

wtf I hate Gainax now

btw pic related was an episode of pokemon

I'm a youngfag I saw that movie when I was like really little, I was literally like 11 or 12

>makes me wanna kill myself

FWWM and Mulholland Drive.

This movie destroyed me, still don't understand all of its themes though. Probably one of the most interesting movies I've watched

Yes it is. You want realistic use of drugs in movies, watch Trainspotting or read anything with Welsh or Burroughs.

Hell, trainspotting touches the theme of being addictive(not just to drugs) in a better way.

Op was smart for starting his thread with Requiem for a meme the arguing over it bumped his head up like crazy

>this meme is so shit
Pleb among plebs.
Anno is the first one to admit his influences and references from other movies. GTFO you can't even appreciate his work.
Go watch Love and pop and Shiki-Jitsu.

this

>I believe that's called a coincidence

Yeah sure, just a coincidence.

this translation is invalid, as far as I remember Belmondo says: tu est vraiment dégueulasse

It's amazing to find how many good japanese directors(that worked on live action and cartoons) are influenced by westerns directors.

Satoshi Kon for example admits that he wasn't really familiar with japanese cinema and he instead watched european movies, same with Oshii, Anno or even Dezaki to some degree.

youtu.be/outHQjynV94?t=73
He says "c'est vraiment dégueulasse", so pretty much "this is really disgusting".

1.15 he says t'est, not c'est. Even the guy confirms it 'il a dit vous etes vraiment une degueulasse'

There are a ridiculous amount of concepts going on at once. It's like he wrote 5 movies, shoved them together, and somehow it's fucking great

came here to post this

What the fuck are some of your major malfunctions as people

Winter Light.

Moody for 3 days after watching. Great movie though

>4u
>all these autists are taking the bait
I knew Sup Forums was retarded, but this depressing.

So you are either both truly shallow or maybe you have to actually go through something as deep as that to understand?

Irreversible always makes me feel like shit after I watch it.
Say what you will about Noé being edgy, but he does his own thing very well.