Who is responsible for the explosion of ironic weebs?

Who is responsible for the explosion of ironic weebs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6FhV693seo
myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup Forums unironically.

>m-muh secret club
>fucking normies RRRREEEEEEE

Who cares, even non-"ironic" weebs are usually annoying.

t. guy who watches anime

Anime

filthy frank or "joji" as he calls himself now trying to be serious by making faggy music.

No one in the 90s and 2000s spend their days saying CUTE CUTE and posting chinese trash only a very small minority of retarded americans

Sup Forums.
Imagine all the "miscellaneous" grouped kids who looked up to Frank as their shining knight only for him to abandon them the moment he struck peak popularity. Good for George honestly. He knew exactly who his audience was and how to use them as a ladder to fame.

What actually is an ironic weeb?

Sup Forums
Steam
FilthyFrank
Pewdiepie

jews

Social media leading to a rise in narcissism resulting in many people making a grab in various different social cliques for "internet cred" to rise upon the ranks of e-celeb circles?

I have no idea user. NO. IDEA.

pewdiepie likes anime a lot tho

crunchyroll
horriblesubs
daiz

Nintendo

Why do all fucking weebs write in all lower case letters?

>digs the old anime vaporwave aesthetic but doesn't watch any 80s/90s anime
>"anime is trash and so am I"
>seasonal shitter
>rags on weebs even though they watch exactly the same moeshit shows as weebs (but it's ok, they're self aware)
>anime profile on YouTube/Twitter, probably smug
>crunchyroll
>Kobayashi's Dragon-Maid attracts them a lot for some reason

Sup Forums

oh also
>"traps amirite"

>ironic

I didn't watch any anime this season, but I do enjoy most female characters were drawn in the 90's. Am I an Ironic Weeb?

I love Yuri!!!!

DDLC has nothing to do with Sup Forums, quit trying to claim something you had nothing to do with

Sites like Crunchyroll, funimation, Netflix, Hulu, etc that provided easy access to anime to westerners.

Sup Forums, Nintendo, and e-celebs.

This
>Stupid joke is circulated around the site
>Dumb fuck retards start using it outside of Sup Forums
>the retards who don't use Sup Forums pick it up and start circulating it across all other social media
Sup Forums is the sphincter of the internet, memes are the shit, and sites like reddit, facebook, youtube, etc are the backed up toilets that won't fucking flush the shit down the drain.

>seasonal shitter
So I assume real proper weebs are the ones that do not watch anime at all, right? Or what, they wait one season, just to not be seasonal?

Isn't Pewdiepie an oldfag or something? I heard he started here in Sup Forums.

This.

The only sane man in an insane world. I've got garbage taste (Moefag slice of life + Shoujo AI and drama). I've tried getting into more serious settings, but they all seem edgy and overtop. On the other hand- people with the same taste as me are delusional meme spewing fucks who watch those virtual youtubers and love traps.

Is there any hope for me?

>make original content
>become popular
>stop making original content
>start making shitty music
>"wtf I didn't sub for this shit"
>new """"fans"""" like his shitty music and wants him to keep doing it
He will never make it big because his music is shit and he thinks he's not like every other soundcloudfag out there doing shitty hip-hop rap whatever the fuck muffled sounds into microphone """music""". Should've stuck to making funny clips and original content.

I think you mean "was" before Sup Forums started getting its memes from literally twitter.

Well now I can see why anti-weebs hate them. They're basically untouchable due to the self-aware street cred and/or their sheer popularity.
For actual weaboos I assume it's because they're essentially "bastardizing" their hobby.

It's a term invented by hipsters to shit all over new people getting into their hobby.

>"anime is trash and so am I"

I actually had someone use this as an argument to defend an overly cliche anime game.

"Well all anime is shit anyway, so it's okay lol"

People who don't watch/play weebshit because of the game/anime itself, but for the (meme) culture associated with them, as a way to fit in. This generally includes exaggerating the enjoyment derived from weebshit in a very ironic manner (look up steam reviews for stuff like nekopara, neptunia, sort by funny for the best results) as they wouldn't want people to seriously think they like it. They often only go for the most popular stuff and have a fairly shallow knowledge of weebshit despite calling themselves weebs.

There isn't any hope for any of us. Holy fuck I wish I had enough money to disengage from society completely.

Accurate description.

Ironic weebs are honestly insufferable. Can't count the times I've added people on steam with anime profile pictures just to find out they barely watch anime at all.

It really makes me sick to see people call him the "nujabes" simply because he samples shit and adds a beat to it. Half of it sounds like garbage and the rest uninspired, not to mention he hasn't gotten better at delivering interesting concerts.

>lmao i am trash
it's good when they make it obvious that you should avoid them

Seasonal shitter I define as someone who essentially only watches the current season then parades around [overhyped show] as the greatest thing since sliced bread, even though they really have no desire to watch older anime. I don't think older inherently means better, but I mean if you're like "yeah I'm a weeb" then I would think that you would want to watch other shows.

Pewdiepie was a total weeb though.

This seems like some strawman shit, I don't think this type of person actually exists in real life.

there's a name for it, like when people type all in lower case to not come off as someone who thinks they're better than anyone by simplifying it

Spot on

pop on over to Sup Forums and see for yourself

>oh no my shitty hobby got popular, I shall deflect by saying that they only enjoy it in "ironic" fashion, not really like myself!

You can't even imagine how wrong you are

Kind of the like difference from your average autist on Sup Forums who plays a lot of vidya to a US GAYMERS

go look in a mirror you fucks, it's always your fault

And what is perhaps the most ironic thing is that they hardly watch anime at all.
I'm on the same boat as this user

It's pretty easy to spot if you bother to look or notice. Think back to how obnoxious Jojofags were when it started airing compared to now, or SAO, OPM, etc. that get spammed by every normie dipshit and reddit sperg as the greatest shit ever and then it's almost entirely forgotten the second something new comes along.

Yeah he even talks like a Sup Forums poster and is an actual weeb, not ironic, he said he likes Ergo Proxy or some shit in one of his videos.

Is he an ironic weeb?

What do you call the tumblr type who only watch 80s/90s MATURE ANIME FOR MATURE PEOPLE LIKE ME and cover their profiles with rainy tokyo aesthetic, screencaps of 2deep4u quotes in piss yellow subs, and type exclusively in lower case about loneliness and unrequited love.

The average Sup Forums poster.

a faggot

ergo proxy is pretty good

Casuals generally

Is liking fucking Ergo Proxy all it takes to be an ironic weeb? That shit is more popular than you think and is entry level at best.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are responsible for diluting the word "weeaboo".

people who likely just got into anime and haven't learned how to not be pretentious every once in awhile
t. was 2deep4u-only-animefag in high school

An elitist? Every hobby has those.

It's kinda silly how this thing has completely changed in a few years. It used to be that currently airing shows were inaccessible for the general population, or rather, more so than the older shows. The inexperienced people would've only have watched things like Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, Code Geass, and wouldn't know a single thing about the things airing that season. Now with crunchy and HS, the situation completely flipped. Currently airing stuff is more accessible, so the inexperienced people are more likely to watch the memeshow of the season rather than the older popular stuff.

I really don't know if Pewds can be regarded as ironic weeb. He clearly knows his shit around anime and is really into some niche shows that no one really bothers to watch except those really into the genre and so on.
And his favorite series is Blame! manga to begin with, something most people have not read who are 'ironic weebs'. Fuck considering his /wsg/ browsing habits, I wouldn't be surprised if he legitimately browses Sup Forums too on the side. He used MAL too till 2011 or so and popped quite a few dozen of shows to completion back then.

I always though weeabo was the name you give a guy that tries to larp as a yakuza/japanese

>youtube.com/watch?v=h6FhV693seo

he's not an ironic weeb, probably a closet weeb

weeaboo is the word you substitute wapanese for in a stupid poster's stupid post, because he is stupid posting again
personally i enjoy diluting it further, since there are stupid people that still try to insult people on Sup Forums for being interested in japanese garbage

These people may have shit "meme culture" but from what I've found, these people are more tolerable than a typical satania or idolshit poster. They can see the problems with new anime and don't fall for it. They're usually pretentious and think they're automatically better for it.

pretty sure pewdiepie was using this site long before you though

reminder

He was using MAL

He acts so normal here. What went wrong with him in 2017?

His taste is basically the things you find from Sup Forums's recommendation charts that hardly any people on Sup Forums actually bother to watch.

He recommends fucking Mononoke and Gankutsuou. If people who watched those are ironic weebs then I guess we all ar.e

this is more shameful than spending years of his life brofisting or whatever his shtick is

How can I remember shit that happens on reddit when I never go there fag

you can do both, this isn't Sup Forums

my opinion of him is improving slightly

I just call them "otaku hipsters," since hardly anybody uses the label "otaku" anymore, despite it being the self-aware-anime-dork phrase of yesterday, and they seem to pride themselves on being into obscure stuff that wasn't that obscure when it was new. It's kind of funny to see the people that only remember really mainstream stuff from Toonami and Adult Swim's early days acting like their tastes are so much better than people that like current stuff. There's good stuff to be found in all eras, and people just need to get over themselves.

Ergo Proxy is the 2deep4u entry level show with muh philosophy quotes thrown in there to appear intellectual. It's something most casuals have watched as one of their first shows.

What do you mean? He literally has continued off of that style in particular where he feels more himself enjoying doing things he wants to than some corporate product thanks to early this year due to all the Wall Street drama and shit that made him back to being more grounded.

Have you considered that maybe it's a good game, a diamond in the turd that is PC gaming?

no i can't say that crossed my mind

>Anime only has 500K subscribers
>Video games has 17.4 million subscribers

I knew of this game's existence but I just played it cause it became free 2 play. Wouldn't touch it otherwise. I enjoyed it and its easter eggs for a few days but that's all it's worth.

Stop wearing digital blackface.

need to find a way to drive the number down
start by getting herkz added to whatever list kim dotcom is on, and work your way from there

Mononoke is entry level.

Sup Forums talks about seasonal anime because you don't last 15 years as a board talking about the same anime from the 90s.

>Mononoke is entry level.
Ha ha ha, no it isn't. At all.

Woah, he did? Link? T b h even I don't know those LMAO. Guess he is one of /us/.

Pretty much this, for the same reason why half of Sup Forums is some new meme game of the month at any given time.
When somethings over you can only discuss it so many times before people run out of shit to say.

Hell thats how cancerous generals start.

All of Miyazaki's movies are entry level.

maybe not now it isn't, but it used to be super mainstream during the initial old-school anime craze back in the 00s

He was so calm here, I missed this guy. He started in Sup Forums, he even posted here waaaaay back then.

Pewds was talking about THIS Mononoke you retard; myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke
Not Ghibli stuff.

monoke is a series you newfag

>watch Gabriel Dropout because it gets posted every where
>bored to tears

I'm at episode 7, does it get better?

>me doing my daily ironic weeb yuri post

Yeah, he did. But I remember people flamed him like today when he was with us back then. Poor dude lmao.

Not sure why you thought I based my idea on what shows they generally talk about. It's simply a result of seeing people's backlogs, shows they watched and haven't watched in many threads. Shows like that can require effort for people to actually pick up, so they end up rotting in their backlogs for several years.