Any tips for alcohol detox/withdrawals...

Any tips for alcohol detox/withdrawals? I've put down the liquor bottle this morning for what will hopefully be the last time ever. Every morning I wake up, my heart is pounding, my head hurts, my insides feel like they're vibrating and I get non-stop panic attacks until I drink.

This morning, I just started a B Vitamin complex with 6,000% of the daily recommended Thiamin, I got some spinach and other healthy foods.

Anyone here who has gone through detoxing before? Any tips, how did you do it?

Stay out of your normal routine. Go for a walk. Take some sleeping pills the first nights. Jerk off. I had to lock myself away from the world the first week

>sleeping pills

I'll probably need to because my body physically will not fall asleep unless I'm drunk. I can lay there for hours but my heart just goes crazy, beats erratically and my chest gets this weird light sinking feeling when I lay on my side. That's the worst part of trying to quit, not being able to sleep.

Good luck

Benzos

Don't you need a doc to prescribe them? My doctor refuses to give me any meds, she told me to just stop due to the damage done to my liver and to go to AA and connect with people but she wasn't going to give me any prescriptions.

Dont go swimming alone and don't drive for a few days. Alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures. Learned that the hard way. That's why I haven't had a drink in 10 months.

....what the fuck? What kind of idiot fucking doctor tells an alcoholic to quit cold turkey?

>she
Lol go to an actual doctor

Sounds like a good doctor. AA might help. You're in for a long fight, but the odds are in your favor and getting more people on your side helps

Yeah, I'm kind of scared about the whole DTs, seizures, heart attack and stroke thing. I don't have the shakes, vomiting or nausea yet though.

Hello sexist. Females can't be doctors?

Not if they're telling people who drink heavily to quit cold turkey and refuse to give people experiencing withdrawal symptoms medication. It sounds like either the doctor is highly incompetent or one of those straight edge anti-alcohol people who would prefer to see OP dead.

Quitting cold turkey is the best way to quit though.

She should of still gave you something then weened you off. Maybe try only taking one shot of booze every like 2 hours. Not so much to get drunk but more so you dont get really bad withdrawals. Then after a week. Make it every 3 hours. Another week every 4 hours etc etc. Alcohol withdrawals are some of worst withdrawals to go through from what i understand and i had an addiction to molly so i get it bro. Gotta be mentally strong and stick to it. Best of luck bro

Oh okay. Get addicted to alcohol and quit cold turkey. I dare you.

Yeah dont drink smoke weed

yes except in the case of alcohol, sudden cold turkey withdrawal can literally kill you

look it up, dingus

Find another doctor. Benzos can help a lot with withdrawal symptoms.
Not for alcohol.

I don't understand how cirrhosis doesn't scare people off from drinking. I watched my grandpa go through it and it was the most painful experience that someone could go through.

>Your limbs and body become weak, fragile and skinny
>Your breaths are shallow and breathing hurts
>Your stomach bloats up like a balloon
>You have inconsistent painful shits and constant diarrhea all day
>You can't keep food down or water down

I just can't even. The experience of cirrhosis is one of the most painful and slowest ways to die. I have no idea how anyone would subject themselves to it.

Fun fact: Alcohol withdrawals can actually kill you.
So shut the fuck up, you straight-edge moron, you know nothing

Some people can't stop.

Eh OP it sounds like you're a hypochondriac and not getting bad withdrawals. Alcohol has depleted you of all vitamin B and you're getting really bad anxiety. How much do you drink?

Because liver failure isnt noticeable until its too late. Also alcoholics dont care. Its the same with smokers and other drug addicts.

Its because they have not seen someone got through it or been through it myself I have seen many people DIE of alcohol related illnesses.
I guess the answer is that they have a death wish and they are self punishers simple as that

I have had depression and suicidal thoughts so that's sometimes why I drink but it's usually just because of boredom and trying to forget stuff, but I had a problem before it was too late. Now I can't stop. Haven't gone to a doc and rather would not but I don't think it's safe for me to quit cold turkey anymore and tapering I can't because I can't control myself.

Weed thats how I got off it

Your method works wonders if you have the strength to not drink any more than you're limiting yourself to.

Drink diet soda. The alcoholic sugars inside will help take the edge off

The anxiety is fucking terrible. Sleeping meds help. The longer you can stay out of it the better.

I figured out I was getting really fucking bad anxiety and didn't realize it was from trying to slow down on my drinking because I didn't realize I was that bad.

I spent about 3 months on and off trying not to drink and failing. So I'd have massive anxiety on and off. Shit was bad. Just deal with it for the couple days of it being its most terrible is my suggestion.

Keep in mind every time you quit drinking will make you more likely to have seizures when you do, so make this a one and done deal Friend-o.

>knees weak arms spaghetti
>varmin on his sweater moms spaghetti

I already am a pretty heavy smoker, my tolerance is shot there too, so it won't help as much, but you are right it is nice to have to subside the withdrawals.

This person speaks truth. I had seizures in my sleep. Waking up to one is fucking scary.

Have you thought of going to talk to someone about your pain and problems ?

I totally gave up alcohol (which I have for free and in unlimited quantities as I am a producer) using Kratom.

Every other day, 3 grams 3 times that day.
I felt absolutely no withdrawal. It opened my mind I am full of projects now.

Be careful, kratom is addictive. You are addicted once you take it every day.

I woke up with a gash on my eyebrow and blood all over the walls and floor, unable to remember the last couple of days clearly. Last time I ever drank.

Won't work. It's nice in theory but practically impossible IRL.

Alcohol and drugs are inherently pure excess ...

Hello newfag

Bro, give CBD a shot to cope with the withdrawals. Shits like a miracle drug u Canaan get at any head/vape shop

They absolutely can, that's the problem

Not OP, but I want to try this. I dont know shit about Kratom though. Got any recommended brands or strains? Or is it all the same?

The whole stuff around the colors and strains is (IMHO) bullshit. But take as much different as possible and rotate. You can also mix them.

But I repeat: kratom IS addictive.

1000 times better than alcohol in ALL aspects but it is addictive. Remember that.

Try drinking honey and orange juice.

kratom will be your best friend

No bullshitting there are shitloads of "1 year w/o alcohol thanks to kratom" testimonials on reddit.
Go and read some OP

My last attempt:

Spent a week taking nalfemene, and reducing gradually the daily intake.

Then, quit all, and took 5mg diazepam in the morning, 10 mg in the evening plus zolpidem 10 mg.

Have been 20 days booze free by now. Everything has improved. I sleep well, eat well, shit well ( which you cannot imagine how important it is, lol )

At first I was fairly irritable and depressed, but it's waning away now.

The next step will be lowering diazepam, stopping the 5mg morning intake, and three weeks later, reduce zolpidem to 5mg per night. Then, three weeks later just 5mg valium at night. And then phase diazepam out.

Vitamins are good too.

At the beginning I wasn't on the mood of going out, so I stayed at home. Gradually, I feel more comfortable outside, and dare to take longer walks with the dog. Less insidious thoughts, less anger, fairly improved sense of humour.

Good luck, you can make it.