These movies do not hold up in the modern age. They are dull, simplistic and melodramatic...

These movies do not hold up in the modern age. They are dull, simplistic and melodramatic. The Game of Thrones series has made more complex, exciting plots. The marvel movies have a lot more humor and quips. Ironically the Hobbit movies are better because they are a lot more light and funny. Sorry to say but the LOTR is just a product of late 90s/early 00s neo-sincerity and pre-9/11 innocence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qjcYfJuLiXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit bait, try again.

What does 9/11 have to do with elves and orcs?

>americans think anyone else cares about 9/11

shit bait

Fellowship holds up beautifully and that's because it's a smaller story and not a grand strategy autist simulation.

I always disliked Towers but nowadays it's actually Return which holds up the worst. It just has so many cringeworthy moments. Towers is the 2nd best for sure.

This only fellowship is good

The direction is stale as fuck. Too long too little tone progression. Too much shitty frodo

Were the Uruk-hai a symbol for terrorists? I guess it's why they had bombed the wall at Helm's Deep.

Does that mean Saruman was symbolism of Osama bin Laden and the Taliban in general?

>They are dull, simplistic and melodramatic
Hit the nail right on the head. Dude slow motion lmao. People on this board actually have no spine defending these let alone praising them and sucking eachother off.

This bait is cancer reeeeeeeeeee

Here's your (you). Now ge out of my board faget.

>The Hobbit movies are better because they are a lot more light and funny.

Thank you, Ebert.

This is the worst thread I've ever seen and I've been on this stupid site for almost 12 years.

Saruman is CIA/USA giving weapons to the terrorists. He is not one of them but they work for him.

Please tell me he didn't say that. I don't think I could have lesser opinion of Ebert unless he said something like that.

>12 years
>haven't seen this bait before
>implying

>lotrfags who can't detect filmmaking and whom embody reddit completely btfo and speechless

MUH LOTR

You have to go back

No Sup Forums is just so bad I usually filter Game of Thrones threads post S2 or so

The reason people are offended is that this was a big movie in their childhoods, it was supposed to be the 'best trilogy of all time' and now no one even mentions them in that context.

these movies were always fucking terrible, like unwatchable tier, sorry I've tried time and time again to watch one all the way through and I cant make it past 15-20 minutes, just rubbish. The only difference now is that the effects look extremely dated, like some british made for tv kids fantasy from the 90s, or even something like labirynth, but I dont think they looked this way when they were released, I seem to recall they looked normal even good when I saw them in the cinema, but I was like 11-13 so maybe thats why

>The marvel movies have a lot more humor and quips. Ironically the Hobbit movies are better because they are a lot more light and funny.
Bait is supposed to be believable, user.

I loved them when I was thirteen but even I can see ham fisted direction. Just point A to point B. Fellowship is pretty good but besides that its meh even with based viggo serkis and theoden

This is the worst bait i've ever seen. It would have been better if you hadn't said the hobbit part.

ITT: OP confuses The Matrix for Lord of the RIngs

Pleb nerds with constant confirmation biases anal devastated by the truth that their brains can only respond with laughter so they will not cry

I know this is bait, but it's also what cunts born after 96 unironically believe. They've been fed this gritty, grimdark, cynical meme for all their lives and can't appreciate a work of sincere and timeless art.

Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 it 8/8

Choose one of the series to watch right now, and most people would choose The Hobbit. It is not as 'important' but it is two times funner.

youtube.com/watch?v=qjcYfJuLiXY

Fpbp

>but it is two times funner.

Yeah it's so fucking terrible it's funny.

Principle photography began in 1998 you retard.

There has been terrorism long before 9/11 you dumb underage Americuck.

Holy shit kill yourself all these fucking excuses. I was born in 1990 they are the most overrated thing on this board.

I laugh at you all for being fags

Found the foriegn idiot who doesn't realize 9/11 was and will be the most influential moment on planet earth during his entire life.

Except the dumbass I replied to specifically referenced 9/11.

I'll be grateful forever for the fact that these movies were made before the cultural decline of the 2010's and will therefore forever be untarnished.

No he didn't, you dumb underage faggot. Osama Bin Laden had orchestrated terrorist attacks in the USA long before 9/11.

Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking. Fuck off.

Don't project your ignorance on everyone else.

The second film is called The Two Towers dummy, how obvious does it have to be??

Didnt see the bait coming till the hobbit was good part. Leave that out nwxt time you moron. I bet you like the movie eragon.

After the fall of the soviet union the USA had a decade where they had the chance to indulge their elitistic ways and actually consider themselves the best of the world and that nothing bad can happen to them. Than the attacks happened and for a moment they actually had a glimpse of reality and went overdrive on national safety that turned their country into a war mongering brainwashed police state empire. That's why they distinguish a pre and pro 9/11 era.

Op is a fag

OP is right and anyone who disagrees is a reddit loser