Evaluates the album as "the first Godspeed record we didn't have to hear" because it has less epin guitar crescendos...

>Evaluates the album as "the first Godspeed record we didn't have to hear" because it has less epin guitar crescendos than previous albums
>Album is actually one of the most well-balanced, subtle, and interesting Godspeed albums since Slow Riot

When were moments you disagreed with Anthony Fantano?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCzYfEz99hIa4ERr_zjgEYeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
youtube.com/watch?v=XJXo0-KotNg
youtube.com/watch?v=cJ7nZ2PadgE
youtube.com/channel/UC-lcCYLG1BVstKlbzyq4eEg/videos?disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everytime

everythang

Rather than watch him and bitch about how much I disagree with him I just choose not to watch him, so I don't know when I disagreed with him.

>watching Fantano

every single time that stupid fuck opens his mouth

>actually watching this faggot

kek

Seriously its so good. I had such low hopes too

All of his Nine Ich Nails reviews.

Yeah I don't get the mediocre reviews. I would consider myself pretty knowledgable of GY!BE's material and I don't find it disappointing in the slightest, if anything it fits very well within their non-skinny fists discography

Age of Adz and 22, a Million reviews sucked ass. I felt like he completely didn't "get" both albums.

I agree with his MBDTF review though

as someone who has been on Sup Forums for the better part of 6 years, i feel pretty vindicated that nine inch nails, one of my favourite bands, is finally getting the respect on this board that they always deserved.

It was about to happen sooner or later, the EPs craze really light up the flame for EMU it seems.
As for how I disagree with Fantano. I really dislike how he sees appeal only in the angry NIN, with how highly NTAE was rated and how lowly Hesitation Marks and Add Violence was.
It also speaks volumes that his favorite tracks are always the most angriest ones.
Like, fair enough, but NIN has much more to offer in terms of sound rather than just anger, Hesitation Marks was a neccesity for NIN discography to mix things up and it was amazing. I don't get how you can listen to I Would For You and not fall in love for example.
His revew of NTAE is pretty bad too even though it's positive, as there is a moment where he compares NTAE to "Pretty Hate Machine" which tells me the guy doesn't remember it much, because the sound of NTAE has nothing to do with that album.
His opinion in the end, but I never understood it, he even said in his Hesitation Marks review that he liked The Slip more and felt like he was taking "steps back" by Hesitation Marks, which I don't know, musically it seems like a step forward in every single way. It really seems like he is just all about that anger and nothing else.

I meant for "Sup Forums"

good evaluation

If you value what he says, it's a lot easier to take him less seriously when you realize that most of the things he reviews he doesn't even listen to for a single full playthrough

This also is showcased in his Science Fiction review from Brand New, where he is let down by it just because there isn't screaming and it is more tame, it's a pretty shallow reason to rate albums so lowly.
This is probably why he is so fixated on "LOUD SOARING GUITARS" and "LOUD GENUINE SCREAM OF ANGUISH" as they are easier to get into and make more of an impression on first listens

Sometimes I worry that people will change their perception on an album solely by Fantano's views, I used to fear that, now I realize he has no effect on people's opinions, at least, not as much as people would like you to believe, thank god for that.

Any of his electronic album reviews are just plain embarrassing

oh no people have opinions

Nah, it's actually their only bad album, (Asunder is great)

>When were moments you disagreed with Anthony Fantano?

>implying you fuckers don't watch him

>implying this whole thread isn't Fantano talking to himself

It's not really the crescendos. It's that they've almost completely removed the atmospheric and cinematic elements to their music.Also, their focus on timbral depth and sonic experimentation have been greatly reduced as well.
I've been pretty disappointed in their post-hiatus releases. The band doesn't seem as passionate or as inspired as they used to be.

Dont Bend Ascend is fantastic, up there with the rest of their shit. But everything after is just trash.

Makes sense that most of the material from Ascend was written before their hiatus

absolutely makes sense
but its weird because the last silver mt zion record is amazing

>post-rock in 2017

I wanna crack that egg shell head of his open and suck out the wet fluids. I want to push those glasses into his sockets and watch the tears and blood flow down his cheeks into his fat mouth and down his throat as he starts to choke on them. This simple fucking internet fuck Sandman looking faggot. Fucking nigger shitting asshole licking nut fugget piece of human seminal piss.

Swans has recent post rock related releases that were well received.

This year?
Neil Cicierega review is bullshit
Gas - Narkopop is wrong
That's it probably

Still totally agree with him on his most controversial reviews like:
Gorillaz
Slowdive
Arcade Fire
LCD Soundsystem

these

My favourite and the reason I never watched him again was him criticising Julia Holter because the horns were louder than her vocals on a track called horns surrounding me on an album called loud city song.
The guy is an idiot.

Honestly, most dissapointing record ive ever heard

>Gorillaz
>Controversial
Everyone knew Humanz was shit from day one

carrie and lowell

What's with the faggy beard?

The last two GYBE albums were underwhelming as fuck, get over it

Honestly, he's gotten way too full of himself lately.

It was shit though
>b-but at least they did something different
Yeah, it's still shit

I don't watch him because if he rates an album low I can't then enjoy it, and I'm scared he scores low an album I enjoy

>Narkopop
This.

thats like
your opinion
man

>Sup Forums hates fantano now
what the FUCK happened

the only good godspeed album is all lights fucked

Bosses Hang was excellent though, even if the melody was stolen from Brokeback Mountain.

Don't remind me user

It might be, who knows.

Fantano hates everything now, that's what happened.

does he hate his gf?

Age of Adz being a 6, wtf fantano

Who cares what this sock puppet says? Why do people need to be told what to listen to? Fuck music critics, and especially Anthony Fagtano. He was always a douche, but he has become so full of himself he is completely unbearable. How he thinks he can review/critique music is beyond me, because he's got his head so far up his own ass, all he can possibly hear is the sound the food he eats makes as it works its way through his colon.

Anthony is meme, John Heaton is the true YouTube music patrician
youtube.com/channel/UCzYfEz99hIa4ERr_zjgEYeQ

This, I can't stand Fantano and I like looking at some music reviewing channels, due to how passionate they get about music, Fantano doesn't, at least not anymore, the channel became so cynical and he somehow became more full of himself than ever.

Epic cescendo is literally the only thing GYBE has going for them. Without it they're just boring and forgettable.

He has always been full of himself but it only got worse.

I think LT is a really great album.
To all the people like me that get confused by negative comments towards the new album, make sure to check this out:
If you see someone crapping on the new record, look for their opinion regarding Allelujah and Asunder. Most of the people who shit on LT are the same people that shat on both other post-hiatus releases. Once you notice this, everything makes sense once again.
Some people just can't handle the fact that Godspeed has a different sound now, but that doesn't mean that LT is a bad album; it's just not LYSF, and boy, do people want another LYSF

>hate capitalism
>sell record

it was really quite boring. i don't think he was wrong at all

>I don't get how you can listen to I Would For You and not fall in love for example.

by realizing sonically it's just EDIETS except even more boring

>EDIETS
It has similaritym but it isn't the same to the extend to say it is sonically exact same song. And it has far more going for it than Every Day Is The Same anyway.

HAHA GOT EM

You know a different sound can also mean it's worse too right? They sound like any other 3rd wave post rock band now sonically, the uniqueness is gone. Yanqui has a much different sound from its predecessors, but I still enjoy that one. Mladic also sounds different from their other new material.

Some people have different opinions and tastes

He's not wrong. This was quite inconsequential with nothing remotely memorable. The drones aren't as intriguing as they used to be either. Bosses Hang and Anthem For No State wouldn't even make their top 25 best tracks.

Jew band

The mixing and production really hurts it. It's so fucking bland

The only controversial one from your list is the LCD Soundsystem one, and the Slowdive one to a smaller degree. Humanz had a pretty lukewarm reception overall and Everything Now is universally regarded and the first truly subpar Arcade Fire release so far.

>You know a different sound can also mean it's worse too right?
my point is that people judge it for the worse for the sole reason that it is different, that is, they don;t try to appreciate it for what it is, but rather judge it only by comparison to the backlog, something that should be only a part of your criticism, not the entirety of it.
>They sound like any other 3rd wave post rock band now sonically
You mean production/mixing wise right? because I don't know a single 3rd wave post-rock band that actually sounds like Godspeed, not even A Silver Mt. Zion.
I think that the mixing on this album is similar to every album they have released in the past decade, not better or worse. It could've been better, but I believe that it doesn't compromise the sound that much, but that's just my opinion.
If you have a legit reason for why LT sucks, which doesn't contain their pre-Albanian/Gamelan work then I'll be glad to hear it.

The only problem I have with this album is that they cut the ambient intro to Railroads out from AFNS, which I liked a lot.
But I don't think that it sounds rushed or something. I think some people said it because of the shorter length, and people started parroting them because they think that shorter=rushed.

I disagreed with Gaythony Farttano when he gave Blink-182 a "NOT GOOD". You're not even allowed to do that you silly cunt.

Yeah
Where's the 808s and raps?

What is happening to Jambanjo in this picture?

As a musician, the idea of laboring for weeks and months over one's music, only to have some smug, arrogant prick like Fantano (who produces no music of his own that I know of) take a shit all over it just because he can, and then watch as tens of thousands of mindless lemmings follow suit, makes me irate. Fuck that guy.

The only people who have any qualification or right to criticize another person's art/music are those who create art/music themselves. Even then, I take their opinions with a grain of salt, because I know most artists and musicians are conceited, narcissistic assholes.

youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
Trust me, he can make music.

Sonically it isn't as satisfying. I'm not solely criticizing it because it's different, but the depth and scope just aren't present. Mladic is much different than the original Albanian sonically, and I have no qualms with it. I liked the heavier noise rock direction they were going with. It was a necessary change after losing Norsola.
>If you have a legit reason for why LT sucks, which doesn't contain their pre-Albanian/Gamelan work then I'll be glad to hear it.
The album sounds facile and rudimentary by their standards. It's not meticulously crafted. It seems that the band is content to release 40 minute lightweight, easily consumed releases just like some of their old pupils. Their albums used to be more expansive and nuanced. The abstract soundpainting isn't there, the instrumental diversity isn't there (besides some horns and an organ), and the memorable moments are few and far between. I don't mind their change in compositional approach (less crescendos) but their transitions in these movements sound clumsy and lack fluidity. I'm hoping they take a break and go back to the drawing board, because they need to make some alterations and gain some ambition.

nah they have some nice drones and soundscapes too youtube.com/watch?v=XJXo0-KotNg

Even Sup Forums learned to ignore e-celebs but mutards can't stop circlejerking like redditors... why is that?

It's a cheap cash in meant to make Constellation and the band some much needed money. This band buried their passion for art back in 2003.

>like redditors
>implying mu isn't just a sub-reddit at this point

(you)

What are you talking about Sup Forums is much more fixated on them.

Bullshit. You are letting your feelings and "muh effort" go over the actual quality of your music. If you spend a lot of time making it, it doesn't mean it has to be good, or that it can't be criticized. After all, a giant pile of shit might take a lot of time to make, but it is still a giant pile of shit.
Th quality of music and the effort that it took to make are two different things. Stop being a faggot and mkae good music.

Care to elaborate? Even some of their biggest supporters here in Montreal say the same thing. Constellation was on the edge of going out of business before most of the band reunited. They make these albums now solely to keep Constellation afloat and have some new material to tour with. Nothing more.

is that why the tracklisting is so shitty and pandering? why did they have to separate each track into three parts? because of itunes sales?

thats not too bad. I didnt even know this existed.

that boycotts Israel

He just deleted his second channel

check his twitter he explains why

basically youtube is fucked

but Luciferean Towers sucks

this lol

Fuck this faggot for deleting all the videos on his "thatistheplan" channel, they were some of the funniest on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=cJ7nZ2PadgE
Yeah ok YouTube demonetized all his videos, that's no reason to punish your fans by deleting all your videos

fantano probably hates GYBE now because he's a massive liberal bootlicker

fantano is a radical centrist though

youtube.com/channel/UC-lcCYLG1BVstKlbzyq4eEg/videos?disable_polymer=1
This guy has already reuploaded a few thatistheplan videos, I just hope that melon still has backups of his own videos otherwise I'll kms

>It also speaks volumes that his favorite tracks are always the most angriest ones.

Once you realize how much Fantano values loud, angry and raw sounding punk/metal sounding shit watching his reviews becomes pretty dull. Anything that's soft, clean and has reverb he's bound to hate and anything that's raw or intense he's bound to like.

Unless of coure he realizes he missed the boat on an artist who blew up and he has to backtrack to save his reputation. Case in point being both Mac DeMarco and Father John Misty. He pretty much bashed 2 and Salad Days and completely ignored FJM's debut. But then in 2015 completely did an about face and gave both artists glowing reviews.

>centrist

Nah, he's just a regular liberal. He doesn't go in for all the over the top SJW shit but he never says anything truly controversial. He just jumps on the edgy humor train that idubbbz and filth frank are driving, but only with his goofy meme persona.

Carrie and Lowell too
"he uses the same monotone voice"
yeah bitch this is a mourning album what the fuck do you expect?

That's what centrists are