Wtf this is actually pretty good

wtf this is actually pretty good

Now listen to Origin of Symmetry and weep at how amazing they could have been if they actually kept progressing their sound rather than spinning in circles and commercializing it.

I honestly think all their albums are at least "okay" except the latest one, the one with the Psycho single

wtf this is actually pretty good

Theyre "okay" at best sure, and each one has at least one really good song that reminds you of what theyre capable of.

But OoS was such a perfect album, incredibly sequenced, spaced out, yet frantic, ballsy as hell going against the grain of where UK music was at the time (their label in the US actually refused to release it). Its one of those albums where as great as each song is, the whole thing just gels together as this great singular work. They never did that again.

Muse deserves more credit than the pretentious nerds on this board give them.

While they clearly make intentionally palatable music for the masses, the early stuff can't be discounted. They are more progressive rock meets Jeff Buckley than a normie's radiohead.

And Showbiz still holds up.

I think you're overstating how good OoS is

Progressive Jeff Buckley had a baby with Rage against the machine is how id describe them circa OoS/Absolution

Agreed. Showbiz is probably my favorite album from them, and it's sexy as fuck.

Muse was what got me out of my wrong generation phase in high school. I understand why Sup Forums doesn't like them now but I still enjoy them for what they are

>MY PLUG IN BABY
>CRUCIFIES MY ENEMIES
>WHEN I'M TIRED OF LIVINNNGGG!

Anyone else had a straight crush on matt as a kid?
I used to love listening to showbiz and imagine that he was singing to me.

>be Muse
>composition, sound, image, lyrics, themes and Matt's "social commentary" literally become gradually more immature over time instead of the reverse
Are we being rused? Did they release their last albums first in some kind of magic trick?

Still get good feels every time Falling Down gets stuck in my head out of the blue.

I'm literally crying here because of this thread.
Fuck so many years gone by, I wish I was 11 years old again and listening to muse becoming friends with people in school who knew who they were, having my pronunciation of the bands name corrected, chatting with online friends on their fan forums, buying their CD's, trying to cover their songs terribly with my awful voice, getting excited about their live shows and live DVD's, getting my dad to play them in the car...
Does anybody else know this feel?

Why would you be nostalgic? You're closer to death now than you were at 11

a girl I knew in high school liked them
their earlier stuff always reminds me of those carefree times. especially that 2007 wembley set that she showed me
now I'm a 22 yr old khv NEET so feels bad man

christ user that was me
all me
no one else liked them at school except the girl i thought i had a crush on but then it turns out i was gay
i remember bringing my muse CDs to a party of like 6-8 schoolmates when i was 11 because they had a like DJ thing there, and I remember covering the content warnings with paper with my name on it just in case

kek

Now listen to the instrumentals

I think Origins has the best individual songs, while Absolution is better as an album.

I saw them last time they were around in Madrid and, while they destroyed the place, the list they played was heavily watered down by the latest crap they are doing.

*takes audible deep breath*

yeah their live shows are still great when it comes to sound, performance and visuals but their setlists are so fucking boring and predictable. for some reason they feel like they have to play all their hits in one set

All their pop space-rock is great, especially the b-sides.

Needless to say, it went to shit after Hullabaloo.

>their label in the US actually refused to release it

Muse were the biggest band in the world when it released. Even the fucking tasteless pleb sister of my buddy listened to them. Oh wait...