I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach right now knowing that I'm going to die eventually...

I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach right now knowing that I'm going to die eventually. I will be gone and I won't exist any more. How the fuck can I deal with the thought? It's seriously screwing with my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNdjzm8dKOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By moving on and knowing you have time left. It could be. .01 seconds from now, or it could be another 50 years. You're gonna die, and theres no way around it. If you don't accept it, it will, like all other stress, eat you alive until you >kill yourself.

Wew, baby’s first existential crisis

no one can ever give you a satisfying answer to this

you have to find your own

I've had quite a few crisis like this, for people with high IQ like me it's common because deep thinkers generally think about the big picture.

it's nice to see someone else with a high IQ on Sup Forums.

Ask yourself why, given that every living thing has to die, why you shouldn't have to, also.

Think about it a little bit every day. Read some philosophy. People have spent much time and effort coming to grips with their morality.

Learn to accept it. And eventually maybe you can even let it inspire you to live more fully.

whatever sequence of events led to you being in control of a body's consciousness (call it your "soul" or whatever you want) can happen again. there is something that gives you dominion over that body and me dominion over my body. whatever made that happen can reoccur.

even if the universe collapses upon itself, another universe can come about in the same way ours did (however you believe that happened). and the best part is that you don't have to wait for any of this... you will be dead so it will happen basically instantly.

do you remember being dead before you were born? of course not. literally the history of all time happened prior to your birth and it didn't bother you in the slightest. so why would being dead bother you? you won't know it when it's happening.

you'll die and eventually your "soul" will have dominion over another body, even if your soul has to be destroyed and recreated. and the only way i'm wrong is if we never had a soul/willpower/dominion over a body (separate from our consciousness) in the first place, so it won't matter.

i never really understood the phobia of death because there's nothing you can do to prevent or stop it, except good diet and exercise to prolong it. even if you become hermit and are scared of the world you still have just as good a chance to die from a freak accident as anyone else so there's no point in changing the way you live at all.

it's also kind of like ripping off a band-aid. if you worry about your own mortality all the time it's just like slowly ripping off a band-aid, whereas you could just not think about it and die unexpectedly and go out in a flash. as long as you do something fulfilling in your life so you feel prepared enough to die, that'd be my only concern.

I got over this when I was 10

i don't think he's afraid of dying or dying early, i think he's afraid of being dead (whenever or however it happens)

2016 must have been a big year for you then

Dude. Being dead (if you don't believe in an afterlife) probably isn't particularly stressful. You just stop being. Forever. It is almost incomprehensible, but it's not like you should be worried by something you don't understand. By the time it happens, you will simply stop being. No ups and downs, no thoughts, no feelings, not even the sensation of absence.

If this is a comfort to you, think about this:
You were here. You lived, and died. Even if no one ever remembers your life and legacy, it happened. Your life happened. Nothing can change that, and nothing can take that away from you.

this. . . . . .

You'll just be the same as before you were. And everything was okay then wasn't it?

Just yesterday I was 17, 18 yrs old. Only thinking about girls, cars, a better paying job.
Im fucking 37. Where the fuck did all those other years go.

I've read that you die when your conscious mind stops and then are reborn but with memories of the previous person when you wake.

I would agree with this, but it is quite a mind blow to think that you know yourself based off accumulated memories that may not necessarily be true.

Just think about it. You go to sleep and you, the person aware of here and now, dies and leaves a body and brain full of history. Then the awakening, and the person instantly develops out of the storage of the mind, but it is not you, though the person feels they are you.

There is life after death. There is a God. This God doesn't hate anyone, and everyone is saved. If you die too soon, you will get another chance at life. You have likely died before, and you have been born again. You exist for a reason, and you would not be here if you didn't have one. This is what I tell myself everytime I get nihilistic, and you can now tell yourself this too. Have a great day!

Arrogance is a sure sign of a low IQ

No matter what you will be going the same place everyone else went.
Atlest you wont be alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNdjzm8dKOc

True

All good things must come to an end. At least your actions will remain. Better make an impact or you'll just be forgotten like the majority of humanity. With this day and age it seems like everything will continue to go to shit. So try and not to worry about so much.

The best thing to do is find something to love more then your self. Something to live for really.

Try abstaining from drugs for a while. You're having a bad trip.

Faggot.

I always thought of it this way: Before you existed, you were essentially dead. You're just going to return to your natural state of non existence. "In some ways, life can be considered a virus infecting the perfect organism that is death."

been there so many times. thinking too much into it just leaves me feeling disassociated and lost. a friend told me that its because our brains cant really accept nonexistence. i guess if you think about it, humans arent really supposed to comprehend morality. animals in general tend to lack this awareness.

something that helped me personally is knowing that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. thus, once we die, our energy and being have to go somewhere. it cannot cease to exist. after learning this, i figured id go with a natural burial as opposed to strapped into some box six feet under and filled with chemicals to preserve my dead body. at least with a natural burial you can actually decompose and go back into the earth as "nature intended"

if i was religious, this would never be an issue for me. but alas i fail to accept religion as i cannot see it as something practical or genuine.

also humor. helped me cope with it. a lot. simplifying something as mortifying as death into a "lol xd funny meme" is comforting to an extent.