Did he even need therapy in the first place? He seemed happy enough with his life

Did he even need therapy in the first place? He seemed happy enough with his life.

Its not about how happy the person is, its about how good and stable his life is.
his wasn't stable, he was deeply affected by the trauma caused by his cunt step-father so he kept pushing people away and also opportunities

its just the clasic and shitty american cliche that, in order to be happy, you need to be successful.

A guy with such potential would be "wasting" his life if he just tried to be happy, giving zero fucks about the world and not thinking about inventing facebook or some crap like that.

It's not just an american thing.

yes. he needs therapy. sexual therapy. with me. call me. 555-SEXY.

People with trauma's such as his can act perfectly fine because they simply avoid that things that have to do with the trauma. It might not affect you when you are at work or going out with friends but down the line you might avoid relationships, avoid what you might think as "showing weakness" aka emotion of certain kinds etc.
It sort of becomes a loophole that you cannot fix yourself, something the mind will not handle as a far away memory that fades over time but instead acts as if it was recent all the time which is why you act normal until it isn't fine anymore, you break down for half a day and then continue doing your shit till that bucket fills up again.

that's not so bad desu

You are smart therefore you have to use your potential to make shekels the movie.

Kill yourself reddit faggot

>mfw im just as cynical and dont have robin williams to talk to

the movie wasn't about being successful ya dingus

death is a small price to pay for a session of sexual bliss with that handsome sexy hotguy

your sexuality is a birth defect

it was about exploring mars right? i always get confused with this ugly guy

no he had to escape from the cia

>Its a Matt Damon writes masturbatory fantasy episode

>he literally abandons success for the girl at the end
Are you mentally disabled?

Talk to a psychologist user. Some of them actually help.

>dude I don't know what I want to do lmao even though I'm really smart and have lots of opportunities
>well I'm just gonna go after my 10/10 gf and never answer the question
Nice pointless movie that taught me nothing

First of all, you got the movie totally wrong.
Second of all, no you aren't "actually really really smart, but just lazy/lol I just truly don't give a fuck xDD".
Thirdly, """"inventing"""" facebook is hardly smart.

I agree with this guy. The reason he needed therapy was the absurd notion that we must relentlessly chase success and use every gift we have for material gains

It's telling you it doesn't matter how smart you are, you will be a miserable fuck if you don't have an amazing woman to support you.

burning your money would be a better use of it.

I think everyone is like that though. We all have things we are averse to, like relationships or friendships.