JUST

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

joeybarton.com/betting-statement/
news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9341905.stm
youtube.com/watch?v=6vRUcCRlFJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Joey Barton banned from football for 18 months after admitting FA misconduct charge relating to betting

How do you fuck up this bad? You can get a friend to place bets for you. Or you can just make an online account under a pseudonym.

Why did he admit to it?

You did!
I did not!
Oh okay then.

investigations are generally more thorough than that, mate.

>1,260 bets on matches between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.

Saw him play for City years ago and was by far the best player on the pitch.
Why do English footballers squander any potential?

if they were ever going to catch him, how the fuck did it take that long?

joeybarton.com/betting-statement/

oh ok

>As for the scale of my football betting, since 2004, on a Betfair account held in my own name, registered at my home address and verified by my own passport, with full transparency, I have placed over 15,000 bets across a whole range of sports. Just over 1,200 were placed on football and subject to the charges against me. The average bet was just over £150, many were for only a few pounds.

banter

>betting companies dominate football advertising and sponsorship
>players aren't allowed to gamble on matches

really makes you think

tl;dr it's the FA and everyone else's fault not his. classic scouse dindu nothing.

English football is having a great day

>be a footballer
>one of the few things you're not allowed to do is bet on football
>bet on football once every 3 days on average

Case if you start letting them bet, then they will be those who try and rig matches through their contacts

to be fair he only did it 1,200 times

>Suck the dick of betting companies and plaster them everywhere over the sport
>WTF A PLAYER FELL INTO THE BETTING CULTURE?? HOW COULD WE HAVE PREDICTED THIS!!

>this is considered one of the more "philosophical" footballers
He is a fucking numpty.

>15,000 bets
>Some were only for a few £

The guy clearly has a gambling addiction and needs help. 18 months seems harsh

what a mong

>the utter state of these bets
1/2

>I say none of this to justify myself. But here's my 1,500 word response justifying myself.

and 2/2
if /bet/ was still around they'd have a field day

Wish the cunt would just shut up and play football.
Literally the kim kardashian of footballers

>Wish the cunt would just shut up and play football.
He's not now.

>The decision effectively forces me into an early retirement from playing football.
Hallelujah.

Sad thing is, his season at Burnley looked to be the sign of a changed man. How wrong everyone was.

Why is it not allowed to bet on your team to perform good?
Fucking FA. I could understand it, if you placed a bet on your team to do bad, as you could influence that.

>backing himself to be first goalscorer

Also
>loses £750 backing newcastle
>loads of bets wanting newcastle to lose

Someone is a sore loser

Slippery slope

>losing £750 on stevenage/newcastle

lel

Barton did both

He was even playing in that match

>if you placed a bet on your team to do bad
He did, here he was playing for Newcastle at the time

He even scored in it: news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9341905.stm

>Barton 92 minutes
>Stevenage score a minute later

>tfw this ban gives Joey time to get around to writing his philosophical manifesto now
Feels good desu
youtube.com/watch?v=6vRUcCRlFJo

I bet this is why he gets so many yellow cards.

What the fuck! This is Vietnamese and Malaysian tier of dumb bets.

Looked up his Wiki page:
>He underwent trials at Nottingham Forest, but was rejected when it was decided he was too small to become a footballer.
Kek

reminder that when someone announces they've had a big win these are the bets they don't talk about

>Bet £5 on Samaras to score against you in a match you are playing in
>At odds of 2/1
>Potential to win £5 profit

What the actual fuck. He's probably earning £30,000+ a week.

If anything these bets just show that he's got a serious gambling issue and it's not just about making money

>I think if the FA is truly serious about tackling the culture of gambling in football, it needs to look at its own dependence on the gambling companies, their role in football and in sports broadcasting, rather than just blaming the players who place a bet.

That is a given.

This is just justification and defence on why he shouldn't be given such a large sentence.

£30,000 a week for the last how ever many years and he can't find a way to spend that to solve his gambling issue?

Granted though he has a point, I'm fucking fed up of seeing that fat fuck from bet365 on my telly everyday.

OI, 'AVE A BANG ON THAT

I hope this becomes some rabbit hole that leads to deeper dodgy connections being found between the FA and betting companies.

Anybody who thinks the FA isn't involved in all kinds of bullshit like that is naive

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO SEE THE MAGS GET DEDUCTED 10 POINTS THEN LOSE AT WEMBLEY CUNTS

u wot m8

Wrong thread.

You're looking for this one:

Should keep reading
>Barton would have made his debut for the City first team in November 2002 against Middlesbrough, had he not lost his shirt after leaving it on the substitutes bench at half-time.

That shirt's got him into a lot of trouble over the years
>He stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy's eye, after he had caught Tandy attempting to set fire to his shirt.

>A week before his signing with QPR, Barton was involved in an altercation with Gervinho of Arsenal, which resulted in Gervinho being sent off on his debut. Then, Alex Song stamped on Barton, for which Song received a three-match ban. Barton later revealed he was on the verge of joining Arsenal but his incident with Gervinho ended his hopes of a move to the Emirates, and instead he joined Queens Park Rangers.

>barton playing for arsenal
lel that would have been hilarious

This is all a conspiracy against handsome and intelligent Joseph Barton setup by Lineker and his FA contacts

Samaras played for Man City m8

I've never seen someone whose words are so thoroughly betrayed by their actions. It's like his gob and his body are controlled by two entirely different brains; I mean, there's bullshitters, and then there's Joey Barton.

He bet on Samaras not getting first goalscorer (layed means bet against) and it was evens not 2/1. Although I'm not sure why the odds were so good for Samaras to score first

Literally nothing wrong if you are betting on other teams.

I WATCHED YOU ELBOW A GUY DURING THE FA CUP NOT THREE MONTHS BACK, YOU BLOODY PONCE!

Don't forget diving to try and get a guy sent off in that match

Based Barton.

a non=league guy no less.

Technically I think you can be a total shitbird and still be a pacifist though, so "technically" that's fine. Technically.

while dressed up as Jimmy Saville

Didn't he say that he never bet on games he was involved in in his statement?

lel

He said "I have never placed a bet against my own team when in a position to influence the game"

>ending of his book makes it look like he's reached mental nirvana, finally enabling the real joey barton to shine through
>two months after its release he gets fucked off from rangers

top jej

Oh, I see. The lawyers obviously told him to write that then.
He deserves those 18 months imo

I bet he's miffed with the 18 month suspension because he probably bet on it being 2 years

kek

>I played shit, here's my bookmaker

There is a term called "Insider Info"

He's like one of those prison poets that loads of women fall for. And then they get amnesty and start murdering prostitutes in LA.

They are only banning him for being French. Disgusting.

cec

>stevenage

>backing himself to be first goalscorer
only a cheeky 3 pounds though

he never bet against his team when he was involved though

only games he's playing is Man City - Fulham, where he backed two city players to score first (inc himself) and City to win and then Newcastle - Stevanage, again backing his team

>west ham fan having the audacity to laugh at some gambling footballer, while his club is investigated for far worse things

>nothing of value was lost