Why is the majority of Sup Forums gloryhunters who don't support their local team?

why is the majority of Sup Forums gloryhunters who don't support their local team?

Sup Forums is literally plebbit

there is increasingly little difference between plebbit and Sup Forums these days with all the bandwagoners and those who actively will teams to become souless franchises catering to foreigners

>why is the majority of OPs on Sup Forums gloryhunters who don't support their local team?

ftfy

I'm sure that there are many posters who support their local team but they don't stand out because they aren't autistic attention whores

because most likely your local team is not that well known, and noone gives a shit about it. E.g. mine is falling out from the Hungarian 1st Division this season

Why would I support losers when I could support winners?

>Arsenal
>United
kek

pls update that shirt

My local team only has like 10 other fans and I don't want to get doxxed

I don't have any local teams

cause Zenit is shit

>tfw you don't need to be a glory hunter because Houston is the GOAT city

Because we live in the 21st century and the concept of "local" is long obsolete in the era of high speed internet and accessible air travel

>corrupt leagues
>quality of an amateur league
>overpriced tickets
>not televised while foreign leagues are
>local team my family supported defunct
>local team I supported went bankrupt
man I wonder

Must be nice have local team

People who support shit teams are usually losers in real life. True winners support big clubs.

Root for Semen Padang

>team of choice based on performance
gloryhunter
>team of choice based on where you were born
tribesman
>not choosing a team and watching /f1/ for fun without being a """"fan""" of any team or person in particular because you like the sport
glorious

My local club is FC Dallas MLS..

Why cannot I not follow a Euro team? Please provide written approval/permission

>sports do not exist in third world countries

>Follow
OK.
>I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan la, ynwa!
Not OK.

Because no one will discuss "your local team" so obviously people talk most about the most well known teams

Because I live in a small town

Not as many people want to talk abut Portsmouth as they do about teams that spend millions on players. The bigger teams are just bigger, of course more people want to talk about them

lel

I live just outside of New Orleans and refuse to be a fan of the Saints (aside from Drew Brees). I had to pretend to be one just to party back in 09.

I'm actually an unironic, longsuffering Bears fan. DEVILISH.

My local team is a AA baseball team that has had like 6 different affiliations and 3 different names in the past 15 years.

My "local" soccer club is 75 miles away, and quite good for their division, but they're still just a USL team who haven't asked for an expansion slot into mls.

Those are the two closest professional teams. There's a bunch of college sports programs around but the only one that's any good is the cities basketball program, but they're not amazing and are pretty inconsistent. Didn't even make the NCAA tournament this year.

Essentially, I don't have a local team to support.

I support Udinese but I also bandwagon Milan even though these day it feels more like supporting 2 shitty local teams.

based

Even if you support a team in the EFL, there is most likely a team closer to you in the non-leagues and you are a bandwagoner for supporting them.

Tl;dr OP is ein bandwagon

>tfw my local club is in the EFL

Even if you support a local team that's actually on the football pyramid, there is most likely a team closer to you in the sunday-leagues and you are a bandwagoner for supporting them.

Tl;dr fuck off you mong

wrong

nonced any girls lately?

You're are quite literally a nonce, old chap. Lmao.

Don't have one

Are you unable to understand and partake in the traditional /lifelong/ culture that exists on this board?

Vegas doesn't have local teams besides UFC or something.

sorry I didn't realise anywhere that could be reached via a plane is "local", when the word defines something within the area one currently resides in

Because I have a TV and don't need to walk my poor ass to my shitty little team. Fuckboy

>My "local" soccer club is 75 miles away
Would probably kill myself in this instance.

There's one about 15 miles away but they're an indoor team and I genuinely don't think they've existed in 2-3 years.

No local MLS, friends got me into soccer and FIFA around late 09.

My closest local club is 615 miles away unless I want to go to Juarez.

Every person here supports both their local club and a big club in Spain/England/Germany/Whatever club Zlatan goes to

I do support my local team but nobody on a Siberian carpet weaving board would discuss a second Bundesliga team. So I just shitpost >Buyern and >Dirtmund depending on what game is on

Why not?
My first 18 years I've been moving from small villages to small villages around France every couple of years. I have no "local" anchor.
But every summer since before I was born my parents went in a small house in the suburbs of Barcelona. I watched there my first football game at the Camp Nou when I was 5.

Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't be able to support a club I grew up with and followed ever since I was a child, but instead have to support a club I just happened to live near for 2 years straights

for me, its Suwon Samsung Bluewings

For me, its JSW Bengaluru FC