Why jedi don't simply push away enemies with the force? Why even bother using the sabers?

why jedi don't simply push away enemies with the force? Why even bother using the sabers?
Ok, force-users can't be pushed away, but why don't use it with normal idiots like Grievous or Jango Fett? Or the millions of stupid droids with guns?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because there's a cooldown after any force attack

it's never explained

And not all force users have the ability to force push.

>why jedi don't simply push away enemies with the force?

I did that in KotOR. I pushed everyone until they died.

because they have a limited amount of force points, or FP, and they need to rest in order to regain them

or why only the sith can use the lightinings? Why jedi don't use that skill? It's not like you become a villain only by using that attack.

Because that would be uncivilised

>It's not like you become a villain only by using that attack.
That's literally exactly what the movies tell you. Sith can use the force in other ways.

The Jedi have shitty range.

and a lack of acc

In the old EU, that's exactly how it worked. In the Darth Bane book, he described it as having to have absolute hate in your heart. There with Sith students who tried to use it and couldn't muster up the rage and hatred necessary in order to use it.

Jedi, traditionally, are too calm to use such an ability. Their training explicitly teaches them how to remove emotion from their conflicts.

The EU actually explores other ways the force is used in combat, not all jedi/sith are swordsmen

Lucas ruined this in the prequels when he gave everyone lightsabers

t. RLM fan

I'm bothered by the laser-reflector ability of the jedi with a lightsaber. Why they always reflect blaster shots right in the face of droids but NEVER reflect a shot against human being?

the real question is why dont jedi/sith just use the force to cause heart attacks or brain aneurysms instead of all that other flashy shit

yes, i know they do in the EU but
>non canon

Because the movies are made for children/young adults

because lightsaber duels are way more cool, nerd

Back to your ghetto, nigger.

"A Jedi uses the Force, for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." - Yoda

Damn that Darth Bane sounds like a big guy.

And look what happened to those cucks

Because lightsabers are fucking cool as shit. Would the movies be more entertaining if they didn't use lightsabers?

Some of that story would generate great dialogue and character studies but hey atleast it isn't DISNEYED for now

>why jedi don't simply push away enemies with the force?
Pic related there's also the scene in ep 2 where Kit Fisto pushes away a couple battle droids and smiles like a cheeky cunt.
I think Vader popped someone's heart in the EU, can't remember where though.

It is. He appeared on TCW. It was bad.

I kind of want to try this playthrough.

>Get the feat to deflect blaster fire without a lightsaber
>Push away everything which tries to attack you
>A Jedi does not seek conflict

So it's basically the Cruciatus curse.

lol fuck off potterfag

it's worth it user

But in Jedi Knights, Jedi Academy Kyle Katarn teaches the protag that force powers are not inherently good or evil, it's how they're used.

knockback goes down every time you use it

why the hell is assaj ventress in a picture with only jedi?

Also Luke later recovers the lost Jedi art of Emerald force lightning which is basically force lightning but done with lack of emotion.

It's also near instant death and painless although implications that it's because Luke is so strong.

You have to build up focus or rage, and there's a cooldown. You also gotta wait for procs to get the best bang for your buck.

Jajaja a mi tambien me gusta el bano reddito meme

Because she died for her Jedi fuckboi, and that excuses all the questionable shit she did before that

oh yeah, I forgot about the noncanon

>He doesn't know
Other wonderful additions to the canon include the spinsaber and energy slingshots

Efficiency and tradition. Jedi are trapped by their traditions, which is why balance to the force was needed, I.E. Jedi purge.

remember, all the light side powers are support buffs

acktch yoo uh leeeeeee

jedi are representative of balance whereas sith are the personification of corruption and deviation from balance. at least that's what george lucas claims

Yeah but Lucas thought Howard the Duck was a good investment, so I wouldn't trust his judgement

Force push doesn't work against Grievous. He claws his feet into the ground.

>Ok, force-users can't be pushed away, but why don't use it with normal idiots like Grievous or Jango Fett? Or the millions of stupid droids with guns?

They do. We see it happen over and over again in the series.

skip to 1:52

youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA

(Dear god, the dialogue is even worse than I remembered)

If they can force push and force strangle then they can quickly force neck snap someone. The question is why dont they just do that.

Because the series is written by a hack and is mainly geared towards children who just like the fancy lights. Children don't question this kind of thing anymore than they question why the power rangers don't just start the fight in their giant robots.