6'5'' 250 lbs.of pure lean muscle

How long is this guy going to get away with this for?

Other urls found in this thread:

filmschoolrejects.com/features/20-things-we-learned-from-the-jack-reacher-commentary.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

give it a rest Jack

He's a good actor OP.At least you can take some solace in that. Can't bruise da Cruise !!

It could've been worse.

Literally the only thing I have heard a person say about these movies in real life is the protag is huge in the books and Cruise is a manlet...

Just dont watch it if disapprove meng.Quite simple eh.

Digits dont lie

>no rosamund pike in the second movie

dropped

has there ever been a bigger mary sue in the history of film and literature?

Mary Sue

>implying there are any decent charismatic actors that can play that fantasy human in peak physical condition

Ultramarines

any one of the supernatural characters could've pulled it off dude

This guy for one

You mean the Winchester brothers? kek. One is a second rate actor with a pretty face, the other one is slightly better but still lacks the charisma, not to mention is pudgy.

It's better to get a good actor and make him look bigger with camera tricks.

This guy might be an acceptable choice, but they also need a big name to sell a relatively unknown franchise.

Over 20 books and
more shorts stories or novellas dont really count as a relatively unknown franchise at all....but i get your point.

Ben Fuckin Affleck. i could care less though, Cruise always kicks ass.

>Character called "Reacher"
>Hire a manlet to play him

Another hard pill to swallow....but yeah he's a big guy...

For you !!!

Under rated post*

that extremely deadpan solid carbite face actress ? wew...

>tom cruise
>ever stooping so low as to make sequels
truly the darkest timeline

Hes called Reacher as a tongue in cheek nod to his dedication to tracking down justice. He will follow, hunt and track, reaching across all geographic boundaries.

Here's an unrelated image to go with your stupid post, user.

Wait, did you actually read the books?

Sup Forums can read user

You are fucking dumb.

>reading dime-a-dozen pulp supah secrit spy action hero books
shiggy diggy doooo

that being said I enjoyed the movie

Movie's a great throwback to 90s thrillers, and Wener Herzog outta fucking nowhere! And much like Interview with a Vampire the author had misgivings about Tom playing Reacher but changed his mind when he actually saw the movie, whether or not he was blinded by a fat paycheck is up for debate.

Lots of cool BTS stuff too.
filmschoolrejects.com/features/20-things-we-learned-from-the-jack-reacher-commentary.php

>16. The big car scene features only a single process trailer (camera trailer rig) for the shot where the bad guys pull out behind Reacher as he drives by. “Because I had to do the pan,” explains McQuarrie, “and Tom looked at me and said ‘What is that doing here?’ I said I need it for the shot, and he said ‘This is humiliating, it’s like training wheels, I don’t want to see that thing again!’” The remainder of the scene features Cruise actually driving.

For what it's worth, Cruise's size is actually played up in the movie. His adversaries constantly dwarf him. Letting the fights play out where he has to use speed and finesse as opposed to brute strength.

I love that fight outside the bar for it, that first move Tom does is some condensed lightning quick hurt.

I was just surprised. I figured JACK REACHER would be out of reach to the miserably denizens of the Sup Forums board, I underestimated the variety of human crops here.
I saw Cruise in Collateral Damage where he played a old hit man type, preview had him doing a really fast two man kill with a gun. I figure he got into that style from there or the MI movies.

You mean Collateral, Collateral Damage is Schwarzenegger and it's funny but I think there's something in the books that Reacher while proficient in firearms doesn't really carry them often if at all, then again his character is some kind of 6'7 monstrosity that can neck snap a guy who is taller than he is and has 100 extra pounds and claims not to exercise.

FFS even the Hardy Boys needed to be bailed out once in awhile by Chet and Biff.

I read a little of one in a store recently and didn't even know a movie or two existed until I saw the book first. As a writer myself I wonder what possesses you to write 20 novels with the same character. Maybe it's the author's generic everyman self insert and it's just the author's McAwesome McMe crushing villains the author sets up for him.

Tbh i thought Cruise would never be able to pull Reacher's character off.
After watching the flick i was surprised it was almost believable

Reacher's new gals.

Dat cobie

Mmm, daddy likes

No, of course n-

the brunette has a jay leno chin lol