Bowie

people are throwing hissy fits about this box set. just check out the Amazon reviews. ouch.

while i find the level drop in "Heroes" to be damn near felonious, and the added bass in Low a little jarring, the rest of the set is great. especially the new Lodger remaster.

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

superdeluxeedition.com/news/parlophone-respond-to-david-bowie-berlin-box-set-mastering-criticisms/
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5459987
ft.com/content/7fd57a1a-9c5e-11e7-8b50-0b9f565a23e1
drexel.edu/now/archive/2014/October/Bowie-Archives/
youtube.com/watch?v=jOmvhKzrcqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i take it maybe it's too early to talk about this? maybe i'll wait a month and see if anyone's actually listened to it.

>especially the new Lodger remaster.
that is the only good thing about the box set.

Visconti only wants money, don't be a dumbass and stay away from these.

so you've listened to it?
what are your thoughts on the Low bass boost?
i've yet to listen to the Stage remasters, i'll get to them today. it's not really my fav Bowie live album. i much prefer David Live and those philly grooves he gives to the Ziggy repertoire.

>Visconti only wants money
who doesn't want money? Bowie gave his blessing, so there's that.
i'd say the remasters are pretty damn good, apart from what i already mentioned. still getting used to the Low bass boost and that "Heroes" level drop is ludicrous.
anyways, the box set cds are easily found online, if you care to look for it.

>Stage remasters
don't listen to them. The remaster is terrible. The only thing worth checking out would be the Baal's Hymn from Re:Call 3.

Lodger sounds nice only because of Bowie's vocals. And I agree Heroes and Low sound awful.

i don't think Low sounds awful. i've only heard it on headphones so i'm withholding my opinion on the bass thing until i hear it on speakers and fucking loud.
i also think Lodger sounds good all around. bringing the percussion on Red Money to the fore makes it sounds better. Lodger overall had a muddled sound. no longer.
and only the volume/level drop in Heroes makes it suspect. everything else about it sounds great.
yeah, i'll see about Stage later today.

Hows the vinyl quality?

sorry, can't help you with that. only have the cd's.

Daily reminder to boycott or pirate anything involving Tony "Golddigger" Visconti, post-bowie death.

i see no problem with Visconti trying to make money off of albums he produced or the Bowie estate signs off on. i found the other two bowie box sets wonderful releases. while i have issues with New Career, it's still a solid release.
care to better explain your perspective?

The side B of both Heroes and Low sound refreshing but I don't think that I would listen to them again. Overall, it was a disappointment. What did you think of the Scary Monsters remaster?

>releases The Gouster
>none of the actual bonus material people have been dying to hear over all these years
>h-hey guys, this is UNRELEASED bowie material o-ok? We're reeealy digging into the vaults to give you the best stuff
He's a cunt. Educate yourself on the matter.

Google 'freewebs young americans sessions'

Most of these SUPER EXCLUSIVE stuff are just half assed remasters done by the bastard himself to cash in, bonus material you can get from previously released eps, nothing that hasn't been circulating for years online. This releases are for the mainstream pleb who probably would love another version of the same greatest hits bullshit done by record labels every fucking year, the listener who's back to bowie because he's dead, and they're nostalgic. Good thing these people have Tony Visconti to help their needs.

oh yeah, theh B-sides of those two were amazing. really brought out sounds i've never heard in those songs before.
i've yet to listen to Scary Monsters. i'm not sure that one really needed a remaster, though, so i'm leaving it for last. the two Stages today, Scary Monsters tomorrow.
oh, i also really dig the Cat People remaster.

The new remasters are garbage made by morons, just like every release since the Ryko mutilations. Original RCA releases are the only way to go:

Low RCA PCD1-2030
''Heroes'' RCA PCD1-2522
Lodger RCA PD84234
Scary Monsters RCA PCD1-3647

The 1991/1992 EMI with the bonus tracks are pretty good imo

so basically you're being pissy because you didn't get what you wanted? man, i've never understood this collector's mentality that the audience deserves unreleased material but only the material they want, as if being fed a steady diet of exclusive, never released material is the only way to appease this lot.
also, i've yet to hear any real argument depicting Visconti as a cunt other than by silly collectors.
what's wrong with people being turned on to Bowie's material after his death? your argument is basically, i don't like Visconti so everything he does post Bowie's demise is bad. there's a reason Bowie sought him time and again to produce his music, mate. i'll leave it to you to figure that out.

those are my go to Bowie listens. i have them on my ipod, iphone, and stored in multiple hard drives if i ever need them at a moment's notice.

having said that, i also like the remasters. i've yet to hear a good argument against them. i'm not an audiophile, just a Bowie fan, and I don't mind listening to different remastered versions of his songs. i don't think there should be only one version of his entire oeuvre and I'm open to listening to different variations of his albums.

>you didn't get what you wanted?
What was promised. 'Now that Bowie's gone there will be a ton of unreleased material coming out, specially for the fans'.

I leave it to you to figure why my anger only came after these mediocre deceiving box-sets started to come out. Since there wasn't anything in the original statement to imply a grudge previous to this. Educate yourself, and learn to interpret a sentence.

>i don't like Visconti so everything he does post Bowie's demise is bad
You made this up in your head, think a little harder after reading the original post

Lol audiophiles buttblasted

>Educate yourself on the matter
The finest intellectual cop out there is, very nice

call someone a cunt, it doesn't take Einstein to figure you dislike the guy.

i personally don't find anything mediocre or deceiving from these box sets.

so the original statement had to be revised. are you privy to the material available to Visconti and co.? is he to blame for the lack of the material you so want to get your hands on?

you tell me to educate myself on the subject, but all i read from your posts is a collector's snobby attitude toward these releases. you seem to dislike them for what they're not. i like them for what they are.

guys, he's dead. He wasn't there to say "yea, these records sound dandy!" It's not like these king crimson reissues where Count Fripp revises them.

>is he to blame for the lack of the material you so want to get your hands on?
Ok so I'll blame the people who made these statements, and the media who published these headlines. Otherwise it's safe to assume that there was never any news about unreleased material, it was all in my head. Wow.

You didn't address that I started my 'snobbishness' only after these came out buddy. Visconti for me was ok BEFORE, apparently I have to write it down otherwise my statements will be distorted again and again.

>i personally don't find anything mediocre or deceiving from these box sets
of course not dummy, you needed to have an expectation in order to have the sentiment, lol

>DAVID BOWIE ALWAYS HAD a problem with Lodger. “We both felt the mix sounded thin and muddy,” producer Tony Visconti tells MOJO’s Mark Paytress in the new MOJO magazine, in UK stores from Tuesday, September 26. “David and I always said we’d remix it one day. But like a thousand other projects, it never manifested.”

But during the spring of 2015, between work on Bowie’s final album, Blackstar, Visconti revived a long-cherished project to revitalise the oft-underestimated last instalment of “The Berlin Trilogy” (actually recorded in what Visconti describes as the “very unsexy” Montreux, Switzerland). The producer’s efforts have been rewarded with star billing in the new multi-disc box set David Bowie: A New Career In A New Town [1977-1982] and, more importantly his late employer’s own delight and approval.

“As soon as David heard the tom fills at the start of Fantastic Voyage,” says Visconti, “a big smile broke out on his face. Then the special effects that were never there before. The reverb on his vocal. The guitar sound. He was so happy.”

>Ok so I'll blame the people who made these statements, and the media who published these headlines. Otherwise it's safe to assume that there was never any news about unreleased material, it was all in my head. Wow.
ah, so basically your gripe is that of a kid who was promised cotton candy but got ice cream instead and bitches about the lack of sprinkles? gotcha. gotta grow up some time.

>You didn't address that I started my 'snobbishness' only after these came out
why would i address when you started your snobbishness? thinking a bit too highly of yourself there, mate.

anyways, we're just circle jerking now. good day, mate!

>"yea, these records sound dandy!"
honestly, i can so hear Bowie saying that, and then advising Visconti never to let his kids in the studio again when remastering in lieu of the Heroes drop.

You never had any arguments to begin with, mate. You focus on my passive agressiveness but fail to adress the point of the complaints, choosing to strawman instead. I suppose the butthurt was evident at that point, even though I'm the one originally pissed.

Enjoy the half assed remasters, mate. Nice job avoiding the discussion, mate. I'm having a hard time not cringing now, mate! Are you aware mate?

superdeluxeedition.com/news/parlophone-respond-to-david-bowie-berlin-box-set-mastering-criticisms/

this whole reissue series has sadly been a right shambles from the get-go, with compression and volume levels all over the place in addition to dropouts, botched editing jobs and so on. no conceptual coherence whatsoever. either people have been wiping their asses with bowie's tapes for thirty years or the good folks putting these out just don't give a fuck (possibly both). this would never fly with, say, the beatles, a group certainly rivaled in popularity by bowie after his death.

compare the (relatively) pleasant diamond dogs from the WCIBN set to the shrill, brickwalled nassau coliseum '76 master. and these are on the same box!

dip into "memory of a free festival" from 2015's space oddity and hear how some genius literally removed the "s" in the line "it was god's land".

marvel at the inexplicably truncated opening to "cygnet committee" on the same disc–it's as if they've flown in the issues that plagued the RCAs! such a mistake can be excused when you're rushing out an artist's catalogue with little coordination at the dawn of a new format, but when you're hyping up and putting out what's supposedly the final word on one of the most treasured discographies in pop... no.

i'm keeping my rykos, brittle and thin as they are. at least there's some uniformity to be found. the early ones have some key bonus tracks that bowiecorp doesn't seem all that interested in revisiting.

This was all planned before Bowie's death with his blessing. The first box set came out while he was still alive.

of course i don't have an argument, mate. i like the box set!
you're argument is juvenile and snobbish. hence, the strawman, ad hominems, and irony. and i'll enjoy the fuck out of these remasters all the live long day while you twiddle your thumbs awaiting the SUPER EXCLUSIVE NEVER BEFORE HEARD BUT PROMED TO ME releases to see the light of day. mate.

>Warner Music/Parlophone categorically reject the notion that these sound differences constitute any kind of error or fault with the box set.
>and what you hear on these new remasters is how he always wanted them to sound
H A C K S
A
C
K
S

My argument is that of a fan wanting more material of my favorite artist, and you of a confessed fallacy professional with little regard for sound quality or quantity. I suppose that makes me juvenile, and you an enthusiast of circlejerking, since apparently the urge to reply is bigger, lol.

while i'm nowhere near your level of audiophile, can you direct me to a comprehensive list of these compression errors, volume level drop offs, etc., on the previous box sets? as of now, the only one that bothers me is the Heroes one on New Career.
i'm definitely keeping my rykos, too, but i do love listening to new remasters when they come. i'm not really loyal to any one version, but will most likely avoid listening to the latest Heroes after this latest release novelty wears off.

>My argument is that of a fan wanting more material of my favorite artist
you just got a box set of remastered material!

>a confessed fallacy professional with little regard for sound quality or quantity
i'm not an audiophile and do no pretend to be so. i love listening to these new remasters and the new mixes to hear how they reinterpret the originals. some, like the tracks on Lodger, needed the help, mate, and have introduced me to intricacies unheard, or muddily so, in the original release.

>I suppose that makes me juvenile
seems like we're in agreement after all.

newfag here. where do i look to find rykodisc versions of his albums? and is au20 worth it?

Soulseek or rutracker is your best choice
>is au20 worth it?
So far i only have the Ryko Au20 for Hunky Dory and the Ryko Au20 Gold for Ziggy and i like both of them, i don't know about the rest of the albums though

thanks. how much do they usually sell for online btw?

I don't really know, i've seen the Ryko Au20 being pretty expensive but i can't talk too much on that topic because i [spoiler]pirate[/spoiler] my music. Someone here might know about that, or you could just visit the Steve Hoffman forums, but that place is known to be a nest of weaponized autism though

i'm far from an audiophile (i probably wouldn't prefer the rykos if that was the case!), but these are all issues audible even to the casual listener (and if not, all it takes one comment pointing them out and you'll anticipate them on every listen from then on).

i don't think there's a definitive list of errors and complaints, only stray posts on the steve hoffman boards. the user karmaman on there is the resident bowie expert. even with his audiophile POV and strong preferences he has over time detailed pretty much every objective parlophone gaffe. his post history should have all the information you need, should you be inclined to dig through it.

>his post history should have all the information you need, should you be inclined to dig through it.
haha, nah, i'm fine. thanks for responding, though.

I was actually unaware that Five Years and WCIBN were remastered. They sound ok?

I thought the 2010 Station To Station remaster was actually really good, and sort of shocked to find out that they gave it a 2016 remaster as well. Are the 2016 Diamond Dogs and YA worth checking out?

ah, thank you though.
torrenting all the rykodisc pressings right now.

i'd say so. all the remasters are worth listening to, imo. the YA and Station to Station are on constant rotation in my house.
i tend to stay away from Bowie's older material. it's Aladdin Sane on down for me. i do have a soft spot for the Toy remakes, though.

here you go rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5459987

I personally recommend the 2010 release of Station to Station, i think it's even better than the Original 1984 RCA

>you just got a box set of remastered material!
I don't want old stuff in a crappier format, and apparently a shitload of other complaining fans don't either. So much that the company had to release an official statement. Are they snobby or childish? Apparently not since a record label afraid to lose money is in action here huh?

>i'm not an audiophile
You need to have a functioning ear in order to hear the volume drops and tape hiss. That's the requirement. Assuming I'm not jerking off with some old deaf fart like Visconti who wanted them to sound shitty in the first place.

the 2010 STS is indeed quite well regarded. re: 2016 DD and YA–they're decent; certainly head and shoulders above the '99 virgins (album title?) and most of the other 2015/2016 remasters.

get the original sound+vision set for the extra tracks while you're at it.

>I don't want old stuff in a crappier format
answer honestly. have you listened the new box set?

>Are they snobby or childish?
no. i've already commented on the very valid concerns of the level drops. the hisses seem to only effect the vinyl, from what i've previously read elsewhere.

you're childish and snobbish because you hang on to a PR promise while forsaking the actual released material.

>But during the spring of 2015, between work on Bowie’s final album, Blackstar, Visconti revived a long-cherished project to revitalise the oft-underestimated last instalment of “The Berlin Trilogy” (actually recorded in what Visconti describes as the “very unsexy” Montreux, Switzerland). The producer’s efforts have been rewarded with star billing in the new multi-disc box set David Bowie: A New Career In A New Town [1977-1982] and, more importantly his late employer’s own delight and approval.

>“As soon as David heard the tom fills at the start of Fantastic Voyage,” says Visconti, “a big smile broke out on his face. Then the special effects that were never there before. The reverb on his vocal. The guitar sound. He was so happy.”

ft.com/content/7fd57a1a-9c5e-11e7-8b50-0b9f565a23e1

I was disappointed.

i love listening to these new remasters and the new mixes to hear how they reinterpret the originals
I somewhat agree.

At this point I'm losing my hard on buddy, you are starting to sound like a WB shill. I'm not childish for not appreciating a half assed effort, if what could have been, since they have the money and time to do so was possible. If I were to buy every 30th/40th anniversary release and be thankful, for new material, I wouldn't be a fan, just a collector with a lot of extra money who doesn't mind giving cash for the same old bullshit in a brand new drag ;) every time.

Give me a link where they said they're releasing the whole Gouster. Because all the news I read I distinctly remember knowing the unreleased song will remain unreleased. They even announced the tracklist beforehand. You're just being retarded for the sake of being retarded.
>b-b-b-but these were all already circulated illegally for years!!!
Not how music distribution works.

>Tony Visconti was contacted within days of the discovery of the tape. When asked for his thoughts on it, he said, "I think it's a rough mix tape on quarter inch (just stereo), a work in progress. It's rare to have four masters on a two inch reel. But then again it could be a back up tape. But it's a great find for Shilling The Rubes alone. I don't even remember how that goes!"
Now he has dementia too, lovely.

They said they were releasing the gouster, the tape with Shilling The Rubes was released in 2009. There wasn't any effort to include it even though there was time and ways to contact the guy. drexel.edu/now/archive/2014/October/Bowie-Archives/

so you haven't listened to it, have you? just as i suspected. all your posts, opinions, and childish need for validity have been rendered moot, mate. and now you call me a shill b/c i sniffed out your bullshit and called you out on it? juvenile and snobbish, indeed.

so Visconti did not do as you pleased and now you're crying a river. must be lonely in that special collector's corner.

Personally I don't think I would trust a remaster of "Heroes" unless Fripp or Eno did it.

Why? Neither of those produced the album, Visconti did.

Here you can listen Shilling the Rubes, including the chorus. Sadly it's the longest version I've found.
youtube.com/watch?v=jOmvhKzrcqc

Visconti produced the album, though. i would love for Eno to have helped out with the Berlin remasters, though. just thinking of what he would've done with them gets me going.
i have faith further down the line Eno will lend a helping hand with remastering Leon & Outside. if not, i'll be as pissy as this guy.

I don't need to give you a straight answer if all I got from the beginning was irony and fallacy. You can believe whatever you want fuckbuddy, because even now there's no justification for cashing in on the re-re-re-re-release and re-re-remaster of the same albums. Feel free to spend your money on garbage, If I ever feel like listening I'll just pirate.

Not quite, go in the facebook page of the gouster release and see for yourself that all the top comments are from people disappointed that the real stuff wasn't included. You have to be either a shill or a cretin to think that applies solely to collectors.

>the issues that plagued the RCAs
>keeping my rykos
You had me up until this weak bait; RCAs are GOAT and no-one who had them would put up with Rykoshit

Don't bother arguing with these people, I'm also someone who adores the Outside era and I'm pretty certain that Visconti won't give any of 'Something Really Fishy' 'Outside Suite' sessions. It will be random single edits from the era and some random reworking marketed it as innovative and exclusive. Talented people like Eno won't be included in any of these projects, it's solely for the money.

Rumour has it that they'll be releasing a box-set of alternate and new mixes of Changesonebowie by Tony Visconti. Some of the folk here might not want to miss it.

>Eno will lend a helping hand with remastering Leon & Outside
that would be pretty amazing.

So you're anally devastated because they haven't released something they had no intention to release and explicitly made it known they aren't releasing because you... Wanted them to. Jesus, you're a fucking pathetic baby.

I know that, but I trust those two to make it sound as good as it could be. Anyway, both have remixed other people's productions before IIRC.

>I don't need to give you a straight answer if all I got from the beginning was irony and fallacy
of course not. 1- because you have no valid argument. 2- because YOU HAVE NOT LISTENED TO THE MATERIAL YOU'RE RAILING AGAINST!

>see for yourself that all the top comments are from people disappointed that the real stuff wasn't included.
people are disappointed with releases all the time. no need to be all pissy about it and blame all your woes on Visconti like a child.

also, i've plenty of money to spare. write down your address and i may order the box set for ya.

I perfer the mix of "Heroes", not the song but the album. Everything else is fine. I still have to listen to the non Visconti mix of Lodger and Stage, but I've heard tracks and it's fine.

>they aren't releasing because you... Wanted them to
Me and a whole bunch of people, bowie forums and fans. Back to Sup Forumscore will ya, nobody would reject the chance of having those tracks if they really cared about the music. You're defending a project with no artistic value whatsoever apart from maybe the Lodger remaster.

I'll agree there were far more goodies on the Five Years from with Bowie was alive vs the other that dropped since his death. DESU I was only looking forward to the Low remaster, which is fine.

yeah, i should know better, but it's a slow day here at work and i need the distraction.

talented people need money, too, though.

have you listened to The Leon Suites? they're really something else. i absolutely love the piano at the end of the second suite and thought Outside should have ended with it.

>YOU HAVE NOT LISTENED TO THE MATERIAL YOU'RE RAILING AGAINST!
I'm entitled to not giving a shit about releases that recycle old stuff with nothing to offer. Feel free to rage a bit more though.

>no need to be all pissy about it and blame all your woes on Visconti like a child
No need to be on Sup Forums either on 2 hour argument defending someone who gives a rat's ass about fan complaint. But here you are.

practice that reading comprehension, user. i merely stated that the RCA discs contain errors in the form of missing/faded intros, and that it's inexcusable to have it repeated with this fresh batch of reissues.

do you have any particular favorites among the RCA variations?

raging feels good. try it some time. might get you out of your little entitled special collector's corner.

>No need to be on Sup Forums either on 2 hour argument defending someone who gives a rat's ass about fan complaint
takes two to tango, mate.

>I'm entitled to not giving a shit about
And that's exactly what you sound like. An entitled brat petulantly prattling about.

Can somebody without autism please explain what's so bad about the box because I really like the concept but it just sounds like the original tapes got shitty as tapes do and instead of fixing them like Pink Floyd did (those remasters are amazing 10/10 top notch) they just ran them

Get out of this website for once, try facebook, an obvious example, and see that you're the minority here. These complaints are fan complaints, they are frequent and come from a lot of people. Please, do try calling them ungrateful and later post the results here.

so...

>Get out of this website for once
for once? i haven't been on Sup Forums since Leonard Cohen died. i also don't use FB.

one of the many reasons i'm arguing with you is that you bring up concerns that would be valid from an actual fan who has heard the material he's railing against. you're simply mimicking other's opinions and passing them off as sacrosanct. you're posing, mate. you're not a Bowie fan. you're a follower who discovered Bowie to feed his need for idolatry.

the complaints i've heard include:
1- price. it simply costs too much for some.
2- the bass boost in Low. it really does change the vibe of these songs. some for the better, others maybe not so much.
3- there's a volume level drop in Heroes, the song, which is an obvious blunder, no matter what the label is saying
4- not enough new material

that's about it, really. oh, i think the vinyls have weird hisses, too. i can't vouch for that, though.

I'm not defending anything, I'm calling you a retarded baby because that's what you are. How DARE THEY not appease you.
Newsflash, it's not your call, buddy. You're just a pathetic entitled whiner buttmad that someone didn't give you your toy venting on a Guinea New Papuan cave painting forums. Congratulations, champ, you made it.

W-will you buy the box set for me, user?

I'll be sure to mail my fan crendentials to Visconti later. In the process I'll ask for an alternate revolutionary mix of Outside instead of those boring collector outtakes no one cares about.

I mean the Gouster post on the day it was released. All the top comments are from people complaining about the missing tracks. It's a common gem among fans together with Outside outtakes and the unreleased Man Who Sold the World soundtrack.

and instead of assembling noise/hiss/dropout-free versions of tracks from safety copies or other sources they insisted on using only muh analog master tapes, even if said masters are faulty or damaged, because the hiss is authentic and what bowie signed off on back in the day or something

All that name calling and projection. Sad! Good thing I interact with real people who also happen to have opinions on stuff they don't like.

>i-i have friends, I swear!

Sure you do, user. And a beautiful wife with huge tits and 5 cars in the garage. That's why you're so autistic and can't even formulate an argument.

Wasn't the point of the release to take it from the original multitracks and remix them? I'm not sure if other copies would have those. I don't think the hiss is that bad anyway, it's only noticeable on a couple of songs. Then again I only listened to it on Spotify so far and fuck kniws what version do they have there.

The only person that has a solid argument in the entire thread besides me is the Outside/Eno user. You have done nothing but insulting and the other guy to ironize and project. The fact stands: After the Young Americans boxset it was clear to everyone that this wasn't an effort to rescue music from the vaults, but to recycle old material that has been re-released and re-remastered to oblivion. After I stated that some people like yourself are super mad that I have this opinion.

>the only people who are right are people who are with me

But that's you my friend. It's so painfully obvious that you can't see it, deal with my differing opinion that the boxset sucks, it's really so simple.

>comes into a thread about a thing he doesn't like
>stomps his feet like a baby because he doesn't like thing
>LOOK AT ME I DON'T LIKE THING BECAUSE THING DIDN'T GIVE ME MY TOY THEY DIDN'T PROMISE
>trying to pass himself as a well adjusted individual

Then again, you're so retarded you haven't even figured out I don't defend the boxset and am only laughing at how retarded you are, so I'm not surprised.

The thread subject's about controversial opinions that people are having about the boxset. I came here because I like Bowie and I have a negative opinion. There are retarded people here, you're right, I'm talking to one right now.

>to recycle old material that has been re-released and re-remastered to oblivion
harsh wording there lad.

there's consensus in the bowie community that his music has no solid or definitive representation in the digital realm, like bob dylan, the beatles, etc. the RCAs are practically rarities at this point, extremely pricey and difficult to obtain; the long out-of-print rykos (1st remaster) are thin and uneven, far from ideal, and the late '90s reissues (2nd remaster) were pretty much universally loathed. hardly 'remastered to oblivion'.

many hoped that the parlophone discs would rectify this, but sadly it turned out be yet another blight on the man's discography (in many ways the worst one yet because of the missed opportunities).

tfw you realize we've been having multiple discussions and i'm the same user who thinks you're an entitled brat and also the Outside/Eno user. you've also been arguing with multiple anons as to your unfortunate positions on material you've never even listened to.

nope. only entitled brats get the prize.

>22 posters
Hardly

so has anyone here put off buying the box set due to the mixed reviews? just curious to see if these reviews are having an effect on sales.

>i much prefer David Live

Jesus christ in heaven I'm listening to the remaster now and holy shit is it awful
The fucking CD I bought at barnes and noble sounds better than this version of Low
My ears are actually hurting

haha, yeah, i know, not the popular consensus. but that brass groove and those raspy blown out vocals in Moonage Daydream and the rest of the David Live album i find to be superior to the Stage performances - well, maybe not performance, but recording. the remaster, though, not the original release, of David Live.

i also prefer the Live Nassau Coliseum '76 over Stage.

i haven't listened to the Stage remaster on the new box set, though, so this opinion may change, as soon as i do.

what in particular do you find awful about it? i find the sound clearer than other versions, but the bass is a bit too up front.